A Rod with another walk off HR.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lined out to second. Darn. But I guess he can't be expected to do it all of the time, even us Yankee fans have to try to be a little bit reasonable, haha.

:laugh: :laugh: :thumb: I am one (Yankee fan) - I can relate.

By the way dinoradja, keep posting - I just love looking at your avatar :D .

Lined out to second. Darn. But I guess he can't be expected to do it all of the time, even us Yankee fans have to try to be a little bit reasonable, haha.

He especially can't be expected to do it in a huge spot against their biggest rivals.......:fire:

Actually he's hitting as well as I've ever seen anyone hit. I feel a lot better about this series now that the Sox offense seems to have come to life the last couple of days.

:laugh: :laugh: :thumb: I am one (Yankee fan) - I can relate.

By the way dinoradja, keep posting - I just love looking at your avatar :D .

No problem, haha, she is one of my all time favorites.

He especially can't be expected to do it in a huge spot against their biggest rivals.......

True, but even his outs were loud last night. First out was down and away and he still took it to the warning track and then the liner to second was hit pretty hard too. New York needs to get some good middle relief or they are in some deep trouble, Rivera has always had trouble with the Red Sox but he also gave up that walk off against Oakland. Not exactly pitching his best in a contract year.

The Red Sox comeback was very similar to the score that New York was down to Cleveland a couple of days ago. With Boston's lineup they are not going to be down too far to comeback unless they are down 10 or something like that. Manny and Ortiz are going to get their hits and homers, Manny starting to heat up a little too. Two more games to go in this series, hopefully they will at least be close, as a Yankee fan I am not as optimistic of that with the best pitcher we have already done for the series.

No problem, haha, she is one of my all time favorites.

He especially can't be expected to do it in a huge spot against their biggest rivals.......

True, but even his outs were loud last night. First out was down and away and he still took it to the warning track and then the liner to second was hit pretty hard too. New York needs to get some good middle relief or they are in some deep trouble, Rivera has always had trouble with the Red Sox but he also gave up that walk off against Oakland. Not exactly pitching his best in a contract year.

Rivera has looked very human this season so far. He's getting up there in years so you have to wonder if he's starting to slip. However, he did start slowly the year before last and ended up doing just fine so he should get the benefit of the doubt, if he's still struggling by the middle of next month then its time for concern.

Rivera has looked very human this season so far. He's getting up there in years so you have to wonder if he's starting to slip. However, he did start slowly the year before last and ended up doing just fine so he should get the benefit of the doubt, if he's still struggling by the middle of next month then its time for concern.

Rivera will be just fine, imo he is still the best closer in the game and he will prove that again over the course of the season.

JMO. :thumb:

Rivera will be just fine, imo he is still the best closer in the game and he will prove that again over the course of the season.

JMO. :thumb:

It doesn't happen often, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one OR. Rivera IMO has never been the best closer in baseball. That honor falls to Trevor Hoffman. Rivera is getting old and while he still may be one of the best, he is in a decline IMO. I wouldn't be suprised to see around 10 blown saves out of him this year.

Either way over the years one thing is clear....The Red Sox are Rivera's kryptonite....