A-Rod vs Bonds...

He does not want that pressure. He has more pressure on him there that Tubby did at UK.

If A-Rod has success this year and the Yanks make a deep playoff run and get to the world series, no way does he not stay in New York. Pressure or not, if he is going to break the record anywhere, this is where it'll be.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If A-Rod doesn't win a world series in NY and does stay there, it will be Maris all over again. The guy will be ready to break the most sought after record in all of sports and will get booed by his home fans...

That'd be a shame, but IMO the Yanks will win atleast one world series in A-Rod's tenure. This just may be the year.

After Bonds breaks Aaron's homerun record, could it be A-Rod who next breaks Bonds record and becomes THE greatest player ever?

A-Rod currently has 469 homeruns at age 31. Even if he were to only hit 30 homeruns this season (which is highly unlikely), and hit 30 every year for the next 10 years, he would still pass Hammerin' Hanks Homerun record and only be 40 years old which would still give him 2 or 3 more years to play.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Rodriguez has hit more home runs (five) in the team's first six games than any Yankee before him.

What do you all think? Could A-Rod be the only player EVER to hit 800 in their career?

(BTW, A-Rod is on pace for 135 HR's this season and 351 R.B.I:lol: )

Has Bonds said he will retire next year? I think he could be a DH in the AL and play for several more years.

Has Bonds said he will retire next year? I think he could be a DH in the AL and play for several more years.

With all the scrutiny he has faced the past couple seasons, I don't see him staying around no more than 2 or 3 years. Let's not forget he almost retired before last season.

I don't think he will retire before he gets that home run title. Also, I don't think any team in the MLB wants THAT much distraction on their team. The only reason the Giants keep him is that they want the ticket sales money for the games leading up to the record.

Sorry....But Pujols will be the HR King when he decides to hang them up.

Alex Rodriguez is 31 and he already has 470 home runs, and is averaging 36 home runs a year. Albert Pujols is 27 and has 251 home runs. To catch up with Alex Rodriguez's pace, Pujols would have to hit 56 home runs a year. Then do better than Alex's pace for the rest of his career. That means that Pujols would have to average about 52 home runs I estimate for the rest of his career. Albert is a great player, don't get me wrong, but he is more injury prone than Alex Rodriguez for one thing, and for another, Barry Bonds, who after this year is going to be the All-Time Home Run leader, only averaged 34 home runs per year, granted, he has been walked MANY MANY times and has had injuries, once the pitchers figure out that they should do the same thing to Pujols, walk him, he will not be able to keep up with A-Rod.

Alex Rodriguez is 31 and he already has 470 home runs, and is averaging 36 home runs a year. Albert Pujols is 27 and has 251 home runs. To catch up with Alex Rodriguez's pace, Pujols would have to hit 56 home runs a year. Then do better than Alex's pace for the rest of his career. That means that Pujols would have to average about 52 home runs I estimate for the rest of his career. Albert is a great player, don't get me wrong, but he is more injury prone than Alex Rodriguez for one thing, and for another, Barry Bonds, who after this year is going to be the All-Time Home Run leader, only averaged 34 home runs per year, granted, he has been walked MANY MANY times and has had injuries, once the pitchers figure out that they should do the same thing to Pujols, walk him, he will not be able to keep up with A-Rod.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Also, A-Rod has a lot better supporting cast around him which means he will see more pitches than Pujols. A-Rod is and will be the greatest player ever offensively when his career ends. He will break not only the all time record, but also the single season HR record eventually.