High School Coaches selling tickets

At the Sweet 16 I noticed a steady stream of high school basketball coaches selling their complimentary tickets to scalpers in front of DeShae's restaurant. When I casually mentioned this to a friend who happens to be a school board attorney, he said those coaches would probably lose their jobs if caught. Do you think these guys know the chance they are taking to make a few bucks at the Sweet 16?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true, can anyone be that shocked?

I would like to think a majority of the coaches and faculty throughout the state are standup people. You are always going to have a handful that ruin it for everyone. If it is true, pretty darn disgusting and hopefully those involved would get punished.

Getting worked up for a 13.50 ticket. The coach has a right to sell them if they are not going to use it.

I agree!

The tickets are purchased for the coach by the school as a SMALL perk for someone who puts in many hours for next to nothing. They own them and have every right to sell them if they chose to not attend a session. I'm glad they do sell them sometime because if they didn't, the normal fan would never have a chance to sit in the premium seats. I'd also be willing to bet that they sell them for face value just so they don't go to waste. I really don't think most coaches are down there trying to make a killing off their tickets!

I agree!

The tickets are purchased for the coach by the school as a SMALL perk for someone who puts in many hours for next to nothing. They own them and have every right to sell them if they chose to not attend a session. I'm glad they do sell them sometime because if they didn't, the normal fan would never have a chance to sit in the premium seats. I'd also be willing to bet that they sell them for face value just so they don't go to waste. I really don't think most coaches are down there trying to make a killing off their tickets!

Bingo!

Getting worked up for a 13.50 ticket. The coach has a right to sell them if they are not going to use it.
I disagree. The coach has no right to profit from selling these tickets. In fact, if he didn't need them, he could have let a student from his school buy them.

I disagree. The coach has no right to profit from selling these tickets. In fact, if he didn't need them, he could have let a student from his school buy them.

Profit? It is maybe $5-$10 dollars. As much work as a coach does in a year for the little amount they make I don't think it hurts if they sell those tickets. It is not like Mike Tice of the Vikings making thousands of dollars we are talking about enough money to buy a meal.