Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

High School Coaches selling tickets

Featured Replies

At the Sweet 16 I noticed a steady stream of high school basketball coaches selling their complimentary tickets to scalpers in front of DeShae's restaurant. When I casually mentioned this to a friend who happens to be a school board attorney, he said those coaches would probably lose their jobs if caught. Do you think these guys know the chance they are taking to make a few bucks at the Sweet 16?

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no such thing as complimentary tickets. Schools have to buy all tickets. If they are selling their tickets that the schools pay for above face value and get cauhgt they should be fired.

  • Author

Complimentary is the wrong word. According to the school board attorney, if the coaches sell the ticket his employers purchased for him at any price he could be fired.

Coaches sell their tickets all the time. If you cant use them why waste them. The key is if they are turning the money back in.

  • Author
Coaches sell their tickets all the time. If you cant use them why waste them. The key is if they are turning the money back in.

And that aint happening. I guarantee it

Maybe some of these coaches bought the tickets themselves? Or selling tickets that a friend or someone decided at the last minute not to use.

  • Author

Most schools buy tickets for their coaches.

If this is true, can anyone be that shocked?

 

I would like to think a majority of the coaches and faculty throughout the state are standup people. You are always going to have a handful that ruin it for everyone. If it is true, pretty darn disgusting and hopefully those involved would get punished.

At least I know where to go now to find a good seat.

Getting worked up for a 13.50 ticket. The coach has a right to sell them if they are not going to use it.

Getting worked up for a 13.50 ticket. The coach has a right to sell them if they are not going to use it.

I agree!

The tickets are purchased for the coach by the school as a SMALL perk for someone who puts in many hours for next to nothing. They own them and have every right to sell them if they chose to not attend a session. I'm glad they do sell them sometime because if they didn't, the normal fan would never have a chance to sit in the premium seats. I'd also be willing to bet that they sell them for face value just so they don't go to waste. I really don't think most coaches are down there trying to make a killing off their tickets!

Coaches sell them for face value or below.

 

What happens to them after the sale is the business of the scalpers.

I agree!

The tickets are purchased for the coach by the school as a SMALL perk for someone who puts in many hours for next to nothing. They own them and have every right to sell them if they chose to not attend a session. I'm glad they do sell them sometime because if they didn't, the normal fan would never have a chance to sit in the premium seats. I'd also be willing to bet that they sell them for face value just so they don't go to waste. I really don't think most coaches are down there trying to make a killing off their tickets!

Bingo!
Getting worked up for a 13.50 ticket. The coach has a right to sell them if they are not going to use it.
I disagree. The coach has no right to profit from selling these tickets. In fact, if he didn't need them, he could have let a student from his school buy them.
I disagree. The coach has no right to profit from selling these tickets. In fact, if he didn't need them, he could have let a student from his school buy them.

 

 

Profit? It is maybe $5-$10 dollars. As much work as a coach does in a year for the little amount they make I don't think it hurts if they sell those tickets. It is not like Mike Tice of the Vikings making thousands of dollars we are talking about enough money to buy a meal.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.