Chuck Hayes....again

I am sure that many threads have been started on this guy, but this is my first. Chuck Hayes is now a starter for the Houston Rockets as a "6'6" (yeah whatever) Forward. In the last game he had 16 points and 6 rebounds in 21 minutes. The game before he had a double-double. Is he finally coming along and turning into a "good" NBA player or is he just having a good run?

As a side note- Tubby will have Prince, Bogans, Hayes, and KA all starting for NBA teams THIS season. Don't forget he had 3 All-Americans playing for UK just last year. Kinda hushes all the "Tubby doesn't have NBA quality players" talk doesn't it?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that many threads have been started on this guy, but this is my first. Chuck Hayes is now a starter for the Houston Rockets as a "6'6" (yeah whatever) Forward. In the last game he had 16 points and 6 rebounds in 21 minutes. The game before he had a double-double. Is he finally coming along and turning into a "good" NBA player or is he just having a good run?

As a side note- Tubby will have Prince, Bogans, Hayes, and KA all starting for NBA teams THIS season. Don't forget he had 3 All-Americans playing for UK just last year. Kinda hushes all the "Tubby doesn't have NBA quality players" talk doesn't it?

That's not very many in a 10 year tenure......... AA every year is what I want, and what most TBers want.

Those players are good, but NC's come when 5 or 6 players on your team end up being NBA starters.

I only went back to Prince's senior year. I could research back if you want. How many NBA teams are there? 30? 30*5(starters)=150. 150 starters and at least 5 are from UK in the last 5 years! Not bad, but I agree with you on one thing: It's Duke or UNC, but they were just as good as we were in the 90's.

I only went back to Prince's senior year. I could research back if you want. How many NBA teams are there? 30? 30*5(starters)=150. 150 starters and at least 5 are from UK in the last 5 years! Not bad, but I agree with you on one thing: It's Duke or UNC, but they were just as good as we were in the 90's.

Typically NC teams have more than one starter in the NBA. There are exceptions, but Horford will eventually start in the NBA, Noah will, Green and Brewer will probably get some starts too. The 96, 97, and 98 teams had lots of NBA starters. Mercer, Pope, Anderson, Walker and lots of others who played in the NBA.

150 starters?? thats if only 5 players start for each team all year. none of those have started all year.

i understand your thought process but make the same argument about talent to Sheray, orbzuit, Carter, Alleyne, Stockton, etc & not going after corey brewer, lofton and "forcing" future nba 1st rounder bradley to leave UK.

all coaches get some good player & some bad but its just time for UK to start fresh, imo.

How about the guys UNC signed between 96-99? I'm some were good but overall, how were they? For every Dwayne Wade Marquette gets they sign a nobody. For every Corey Brewer there is a Matt Walsh, get where I am going?

AT UNC that isn't true at all. They might have 5 NBA starters on their team right now. Marquette??????????????????????? In the same breath as KY about recruiting.................

How did UNC solve their problems??????? They didn't hire a new coach did they?:sssh:

I just noticed that I am helping your argument but I think we have the same point. Who is depressed about the "current" season? Things will turn around.

Tubby has won a national championship he is capable of getting there again. Tubby has coached 9-10 seasons and has 1 championship. Joe B. Hall won 1 chamionship in 14 seasons. I think he had 2 TOTAL final fours in 14 years I could be wrong. How did UK fans act then? I would have probably went crazy if I lived then.

AT UNC that isn't true at all. They might have 5 NBA starters on their team right now. Marquette??????????????????????? In the same breath as KY about recruiting.................

How did UNC solve their problems??????? They didn't hire a new coach did they?:sssh:

Well actually as alot of you all like to say, that new coach didn't recruit those players that he won his first National Championship with...Actually that new coach has never won a national championship with his own players either. And in all honesty by alot of the UK fans standards that wouldn't be good enough. I mean how long has Roy Williams been coaching, and how many years has he had probably the most talented team in the country, yet how many years has he won with those talented players he recruited, yeah thats right it is ZERO!!! Alot you all always praising Roy Williams is just not good at all, because if he was here and did what he did at Kansas, there would have been alot of people who wanted him gone, even though he is a great coach. It wouldn't be recruiting with him, it would be well he can get us there, but cant win the big game with his own players...:sssh:

What did he do?

He wasn't the main focus of the play, but he finished on what I assume was a nice feed from McGrady(?)...I was getting ready for work when it was on and wasn't watching so I may be wrong on the deliverer of the pass.