Chuck Hayes....again

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that I am helping your argument but I think we have the same point. Who is depressed about the "current" season? Things will turn around.

Tubby has won a national championship he is capable of getting there again. Tubby has coached 9-10 seasons and has 1 championship. Joe B. Hall won 1 chamionship in 14 seasons. I think he had 2 TOTAL final fours in 14 years I could be wrong. How did UK fans act then? I would have probably went crazy if I lived then.

Hall took the team to the Final Four in 1975 losing to UCLA in the championship (after John Wooden announced his retirement before the game), 1978 when they won the championship and 1984.

Well actually as alot of you all like to say, that new coach didn't recruit those players that he won his first National Championship with...Actually that new coach has never won a national championship with his own players either. And in all honesty by alot of the UK fans standards that wouldn't be good enough. I mean how long has Roy Williams been coaching, and how many years has he had probably the most talented team in the country, yet how many years has he won with those talented players he recruited, yeah thats right it is ZERO!!! Alot you all always praising Roy Williams is just not good at all, because if he was here and did what he did at Kansas, there would have been alot of people who wanted him gone, even though he is a great coach. It wouldn't be recruiting with him, it would be well he can get us there, but cant win the big game with his own players...:sssh:

He can compete for it every year. I understand not winning it, I don't understand not competing for it.

Last year Florida won it and they have at least 5 NBA players. The year before it was UNC with more than 5 NBA players. UConn had 2 lottery picks the year before and 3 teammates are in the league now. The year before was Cuse with Melo who was SENSATIONAL and was a top 3 pick. Maryland had at least 3 (I believe). Duke year before that had about 5 pros and MSU the year before at least 2 (3 I think). It's not an "all the time" thing, but it's pretty common to have NBA talent on NC teams.

That would be a stretch. If you are under 30, maybe because they usually feel basketball started with Pitino.

:thumb: Excatly! I hate to inform some posters on here that Rick Pitino did not invent the game of basketball. Back to the topic of Chuck Hayes, he is one of my favorite all time U.K. players along with many others. Not bc he is in the NBA (I could really give a flip less about the NBA) rather it is bc of his work ethic, class and determination.

:thumb: Excatly! I hate to inform some posters on here that Rick Pitino did not invent the game of basketball. Back to the topic of Chuck Hayes, he is one of my favorite all time U.K. players along with many others. Not bc he is in the NBA (I could really give a flip less about the NBA) rather it is bc of his work ethic, class and determination.

:thumb:

Last year Florida won it and they have at least 5 NBA players. The year before it was UNC with more than 5 NBA players. UConn had 2 lottery picks the year before and 3 teammates are in the league now. The year before was Cuse with Melo who was SENSATIONAL and was a top 3 pick. Maryland had at least 3 (I believe). Duke year before that had about 5 pros and MSU the year before at least 2 (3 I think). It's not an "all the time" thing, but it's pretty common to have NBA talent on NC teams.

Florida will not have 5 NBA players...They have 4 right now at the most...

The situation with the Rockets is kind of interesting. While Yao was out, Chuck didnt start, but Juwan Howard started alongside Mutombo. Before when Yao was playing and now that Yao is back Hayes starts alongside him. Hayes pretty much only plays with Yao and Howard and Mutombo play together. I have to wonder how Chuck will do without Yao. Also, Chuck is very foul prone. He gets in a lot of foul trouble in the NBA. He is having a nice little season though. Early in the year he was one of the leaders in efficiency.

Name 5 "stretches" that are better besides the UCLA run. I am talking about the 96-98 stretch. 3 straight finals apperances.

You said second so technically I only have to name one but let's see...

#2 all time is UK in the late 40's and early 50's. KY won 3 of 4 national titles. They had an undefeated season during that run also.

UC won back-to-back titles in the early 60's and had a national title game appearance in the third. That is equilivant at the least.

Duke lost in the title game in the 90's and then won back-to-back. Again at least an equilivant run.

San Fransico won back-to-back titles. Not sure what they did Bill Russell's sophomore season

Absolutely, UK is in the running for a top 5 run of all time. #2 though, not sure that is accurate.