Interesting Smith and Pitino Comparisons

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, I'm expecting a thread about where Tubby buys his socks and that if he would just spend that extra 75 dollars, he would get the same pair that Coach K wears and likely be a winner.

I know I'm in Kentucky and basketball is A TAD important, but I can't get over the number of threads regarding this team/coach. : )

He buys them at Target on Nicholasville.:D

Honestly its not very interesting IMO. There are other stats about Tubby that have been but I don't see the big deal here. Nobody is going to sit here and say these past two seasons are the way we like it but Tubby has other things to his credit.

I think the fact that the probation team was 100% in turmoil and played better than this team is pretty significant. Just about everyone left KY yet they played better than a perfectly healthy program.

I think the fact that the probation team was 100% in turmoil and played better than this team is pretty significant. Just about everyone left KY yet they played better than a perfectly healthy program.

How does Florida the past two years compare to Florida in 89/90 & 90/91? How does Tennesse now compare to Tennesse then? How about Alabama or Vanderbilt or South Carolina?

How does Florida the past two years compare to Florida in 89/90 & 90/91? How does Tennesse now compare to Tennesse then? How about Alabama or Vanderbilt or South Carolina?

Both are a lot better. I don't think either was under NCAA rule either.

The fact is that the UK basketball program is not winning at the rate that the fans expect. And yes, the fans expect a lot but so do the fans at Duke and UNC so why should'nt the Wildcat fans? Tubby is setting all kinds of records, they are just the wrong kind. Longest drought between Final Fours, most double digit loss seasons, no win vs. ranked team for the first time since 1974 and the list goes on and on. I understand that their is parity in college basketball but there is no way that UK should have 10 loss seasons, which will happen again this year, with the talent and facilities that the Wildcats have. People can support Tubby all they want but he is not getting the results that fans expect. If he were the coach at Ole Miss, Cal, Purdue or probably 99% of the schools in the nation what he has done at UK would represent success at those schools. However, at UK, the standards are higher and finishing 4th or 5th in the division and being unranked is not what the fans expect and is not what the fans will tolerate.