Albert Gore wins Oscar

scooterbob

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush, regardless of anything else, made two decisions that are of upmost importance and would have never been made by Gore. Bush nominated Roberts and Alito to the U.S. Supreme Court. Just ponder for a moment what type of nominees we would have gotten from Gore.

Bush, regardless of anything else, made two decisions that are of upmost importance and would have never been made by Gore. Bush nominated Roberts and Alito to the U.S. Supreme Court. Just ponder for a moment what type of nominees we would have gotten from Gore.

What does that have to do with the environment?:confused:

Don't you just love how Gore jets all over the place to hype his documentary and rides in convoys of big SUVs from the airport to his destination. Thank you Al for increasing the effect of global warming (which I question to the hilt). :thumb:

Even he doesn't believe his own movie. :lol: :p

Don't you just love how Gore jets all over the place to hype his documentary and rides in convoys of big SUVs from the airport to his destination. Thank you Al for increasing the effect of global warming (which I question to the hilt). :thumb:

Even he doesn't believe his own movie. :lol: :p

It's not just his travel either:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

This is a good point. I think the documentaries higher purpose would have been better served without Al Gore's involvement. It made the issue, a potlitical one -- more than it needed to be. His involvement turned people away who might otherwise gotten something from the message.

I don't want to turn this into a global warming debate; but the film had real value and made real points. Sure, it can be argues that the problems were over-stated; but they do exist and we do have to do something about them. We live in a bubble, and it's getting kind of smokey in here. :creepy:

That can't be true!!!! :lol:

Is the energy used in Gore's home any different than others who have homes as big as his? IMO the great change he has created across the globe out-weighs his own personal energy usage by a landslide. Also, for the earlier post, all of the SUV's and Limo's seen in the movie were either hybrid's or electric.

Is the energy used in Gore's home any different than others who have homes as big as his? IMO the great change he has created across the globe out-weighs his own personal energy usage by a landslide. Also, for the earlier post, all of the SUV's and Limo's seen in the movie were either hybrid's or electric.
What about all those fabulous movie stars and celebrities jetting in for the awards on private aircraft and riding limos to and from the event? Do you have any idea how many gallons per hour even a small private jet burns while transporting two or three people?

I do not begrudge celebrities for enjoying any of these luxuries... I mean, they’re smart and beautiful right? :lol:

I do however, find it to be highly offensive, and more than a little hypocritical for people living such opulent lifestyles to wag their fingers at the rest of us, and tell us how WE should be reducing our personal "carbon footprints" when theirs make Sasquatch look like a ballerina. :eek: