Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Easy/hard holes

Featured Replies

#17 at Hilltop in Manchester (OH) is always tough for me. Not terribly long, but road/OB all the way down the left; and the OB juts in just prior to the landing area. Lake down the right; elevated green. A lot tougher than the next hole, for example, which has a forced carry over water but not much else.

 

I don't like #6 at Maysville Country Club. It's either a 290-yard carry as straight as a die (which never WAS in my bag and never will be); or a 7-iron and another 7-iron. Woods and OB all the way down the right, woods down the left; no landing area from 150 off the tee until just in front of the green. I think when MCC added their second 9 several years ago they just crammed this hole in as best they could...

 

Holes 1 through 4 at Kenton Station in Maysville are as easy as they get; only way to make them difficult at all is with tricked-up pin positions. If you're not even through 4; you're going to have a tough time the rest of the way.

 

#3 at Laurel Oaks in Maysville always gives me fits; mostly because of the precision needed on the second shot. Elevated, banana-shaped green that's tough to hold.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Number 1 at Maywood is tough. 440 yard dogleg right to an elevated green. The hole always plays into the wind. Its nice to start the day off on the number 3 handicap hole on the course. There arent many easy holes out there either. Not from the back tees. Over 7200 yards, penal rough, and generally there is just about always wind. For those wondering, the course rating and slope are 75.2 and 137 from the tips. I dont know of any other publics in the state that high.

 

Number 8 at Arlington is a tight tee shot. Trees all down the left side, fairway slopes left to right, with hazard and trees on the right. I think it is about 440 or 450 off the tee. The green sinks down where you cant really see anything but the stick from the fairway, and it is a very undulating green. It is a very tough par there for most people.

I really urge any avid golfer to make the journey to Mt. City, Tennessee and play Roan Valley.

 

Absolutely gorgeous course with the best hospitality from Sam Adams, the pro there.

 

Hole #5 will make you go crazy...straight Par 4...starts going uphill the last 125 yards or so...3 tier green. My dad was on in 2 and took an 8 for the hole...words cannot describe...

I really urge any avid golfer to make the journey to Mt. City, Tennessee and play Roan Valley.

 

Absolutely gorgeous course with the best hospitality from Sam Adams, the pro there.

 

Hole #5 will make you go crazy...straight Par 4...starts going uphill the last 125 yards or so...3 tier green. My dad was on in 2 and took an 8 for the hole...words cannot describe...

 

Might have to give it a try. Is it near Roan Mountain State Park? We like to vacation in the Johnson City/Elizabethton area.

 

A great area for minor league baseball, also...

It's very close to Boone, North Carolina...about 20-25 miles give or take...beautiful drive.

 

I highly recommend the trip.:thumb:

#12 at Twin Oaks is an easy hole, has to be since I made birdie there last Sunday. Let me tell ya, me making a birdie is like a solar eclipse. Not very often.

Nets,

I have played Roan Valley and also have met Sam Adams. Were you aware he is one of the few left-handers that have won a tournament on the PGA Tour? I have played the course several times and its beautiful.It has a flat 9 and a hilly nine. Once I was playing in a group up on the mountain 9 and an airplane actually flew by below us. I cannot remember which hole number it was except it was the long par 5 down hill that makes a 90 degree turn at the bottom and goes to the right for about the last 100 yards. The last hundred yard shot kind of reminds me of hitting back into a gravel pit since it is walled all the way around.That course has some of the steepest cart paths you will find anywhere and it is very scenic.

Cool!

Sam won the Candien Open I do believe...very nice guy!

 

I think you were on hole #12....It's unreal...if cart path is little wet...you are in for a ride!

 

I drilled the rock wall behind the hole once! Next long one down the hill that has a pond to the right and weeping willow tree is driveable...but dangerous!

 

Very neat course.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.