Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Easy/hard holes

Featured Replies

From the yellow in the back? You're the first I've heard do to it then. I've been on the hill in front of the green in two.

 

From the back tees. Busted a drive up the right hand side, got a bounce forward and quite a bit of roll. I had about 275 left and since I had no chance of winning anything, I pulled out my driver and hit it off the deck. Caught it perfect and ended up on the right-front of the green about 7 feet on.

I had to make about an 8 footer for my birdie.:creepy:

  • Replies 37
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
From the back tees. Busted a drive up the right hand side, got a bounce forward and quite a bit of roll. I had about 275 left and since I had no chance of winning anything, I pulled out my driver and hit it off the deck. Caught it perfect and ended up on the right-front of the green about 7 feet on.

I had to make about an 8 footer for my birdie.:creepy:

 

 

Good deal!! I am guessing you were on the left fairway just past that second little ridge in the fairway. I've been there a handfull of time, but I can't hit driver off the fairway.

At Wasioto Winds you can start out with a couple of easy holes in #1 and #2. As long as you keep it in play they are pretty much birdie holes.

 

Moving on up to some tough ones out there, I've heard some say holes number 5, 6, and 7 are the toughest stretch of holes they have ever seen. Lots of water on all 3 holes, making for some tough tee shots.

15, 17, and 18 can also be some pretty tough holes out there.

#9 at Hidden Cove is a par 4. The long par 5 is #16.

I think #18 at Hidden Cove is a beast as well.

Yeah they have switched it up. 18 is kind of difficult you have to lay up then have a tough approach shot into the green that is about 150 160 yds. I think its #13 the short par 4 with a tricky green its pretty easy...and if you feel lucky you can possibly drive the green. I really enjoy playing at Grayson.

Number 18 at Cherry Blossums in Georgetown is a doozey. Bunkers in the middle of the driving area, and a lake that runs up the right side of the fairway. The green is protected by part of the lake that cuts into the front and circles the backside, and a bunker on the right side between the lake and green. WOW!!! is all I can say. I'd safely bet there's not many birdies on that hole.....heck, par is tough enough to make.

  • Author

I birdied 4 at Hickory Sticks today and it's a pretty tough par 3. 200 yard (we weren't all the way back) and just right of the green it drops straight down.

I birdied 4 at Hickory Sticks today and it's a pretty tough par 3. 200 yard (we weren't all the way back) and just right of the green it drops straight down.

 

That hole always gives me fits. The first 3 are easy then you get there and have to play a tough par 3. You had a great day to play! Im hoping to get out tomorrow, if the weather allows it.

Number 18 at Cherry Blossums in Georgetown is a doozey. Bunkers in the middle of the driving area, and a lake that runs up the right side of the fairway. The green is protected by part of the lake that cuts into the front and circles the backside, and a bunker on the right side between the lake and green. WOW!!! is all I can say. I'd safely bet there's not many birdies on that hole.....heck, par is tough enough to make.

I want to see how many Birdies there are at #1 on Sag Hollow this year!!!!:D

I want to see how many Birdies there are at #1 on Sag Hollow this year!!!!:D

What about #2? A 484 yard par 4. And #7....445 with the approach shot having to clear a creek...:scared:

What about #2? A 484 yard par 4. And #7....445 with the approach shot having to clear a creek...:scared:

That first one ain't a par 4!

That first one ain't a par 4!

Yes it is....

438 yards and the second shot is across a lake into the green.

Bell, when we open in May I want you to bring some friends up and play the course. PM me and we'll set something up. I'd like your input on what you think about it, and what we can do to make it even better.:thumb:

Yes it is....

438 yards and the second shot is across a lake into the green.

Bell, when we open in May I want you to bring some friends up and play the course. PM me and we'll set something up. I'd like your input on what you think about it, and what we can do to make it even better.:thumb:

I thought you put 484 yards. That's not a par 4 in our neck of the woods.

I'd like to be able to get down there. Hopefully I can get a day or two away from the new job sometime, and me and some of the guys would try to make it down that way, definitely me and Gann anyway.

I thought you put 484 yards. That's not a par 4 in our neck of the woods.

I'd like to be able to get down there. Hopefully I can get a day or two away from the new job sometime, and me and some of the guys would try to make it down that way, definitely me and Gann anyway.

Our 2nd hole IS 484 yards...and a Par 4.

 

I agree, that's not a par 4 imo, and I won't be back there, but it's a slightly down hill shot.

 

Looking forward to seeing you guys.

To me...and Prof...you know how I hate a 2nd shot across water.... #1 is the hardest hole on the course...I hope to PAR it before our trip to MB in October!!LOL!!

Triple Crown #4. Long par 4, huge lake in front of the green. The green has ZERO depth. From the tips you are coming in with 5 or 6 iron it seems like, and the ball is normally below your feet, tough hole.

Tip on that hole: Aim left that way you have a little room to play with, or you can go long and just hit it off the back hill. I think number 16 is alot tougher.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.