Joakim Noah- The Good Guy

gametime

The Vanderbilt portion of the postgame press conference was ending. One more question, the room was informed. So somebody submitted an inquiry open to any of the three Commodore players sitting at the table, and it was about the game of keep-away that had earlier broken out between Kevin Stallings and Joakim Noah.

"I'll take that one," said Vandy junior Ross Neltner.

Neltner grabbed the microphone from in front of his teammates, pulled it over towards him. He began with a sentence about how Stallings is his coach, about how he would always back his coach, and things seemed to be headed that direction, just a lengthy dialogue about believing in and supporting each other.

It was boring.

But then Neltner changed directions, like a verbal crossover dribble.

He started speaking about Noah.

He didn't stop for a while.

"I was talking to people before the game and they were like, 'Man, give Noah an elbow for me because I don't like that guy,'" Neltner said. "Everybody doesn't like him, but I've got to commend him because even in the face of defeat with one minute left before they got subbed out on the free throw line he just said, 'Nice game. Way to hoop. Way to ball. Good luck the rest of the season.' ... So I've really got to commend him for the way he reacted."

That's one Noah story.

I've got a bunch more just like it.

Pieced together they paint a picture of college basketball's most-recognizable figure far different than the picture most college basketball fans possess -- particularly non-Florida fans who watch Noah swipe at the pom-pom of a Kentucky cheerleader or get into that altercation with Stallings and label him an arrogant and spoiled bad guy.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10012242/1

The Vanderbilt portion of the postgame press conference was ending. One more question, the room was informed. So somebody submitted an inquiry open to any of the three Commodore players sitting at the table, and it was about the game of keep-away that had earlier broken out between Kevin Stallings and Joakim Noah.

"I'll take that one," said Vandy junior Ross Neltner.

Neltner grabbed the microphone from in front of his teammates, pulled it over towards him. He began with a sentence about how Stallings is his coach, about how he would always back his coach, and things seemed to be headed that direction, just a lengthy dialogue about believing in and supporting each other.

It was boring.

But then Neltner changed directions, like a verbal crossover dribble.

He started speaking about Noah.

He didn't stop for a while.

"I was talking to people before the game and they were like, 'Man, give Noah an elbow for me because I don't like that guy,'" Neltner said. "Everybody doesn't like him, but I've got to commend him because even in the face of defeat with one minute left before they got subbed out on the free throw line he just said, 'Nice game. Way to hoop. Way to ball. Good luck the rest of the season.' ... So I've really got to commend him for the way he reacted."

That's one Noah story.

I've got a bunch more just like it.

Pieced together they paint a picture of college basketball's most-recognizable figure far different than the picture most college basketball fans possess -- particularly non-Florida fans who watch Noah swipe at the pom-pom of a Kentucky cheerleader or get into that altercation with Stallings and label him an arrogant and spoiled bad guy.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10012242/1

Today was the first I have heard of the altercation with Stallings actually, and I was wondering what exactly happened?

The thing about Noah is he has fun with the game, getting the fans against him is part of it for him. I think he is very fun to watch play, and that dont suprise me on him being classy, he just loves the game. I would trade Morris for ugly Noah right now. I think alot of players could leard something from Noah, I hope he has a good career and I watch Florida to watch him. Now when he is playing UK and beats us I get mad at him haha.

Today was the first I have heard of the altercation with Stallings actually, and I was wondering what exactly happened?

Cliff notes From what i saw, the ball got knocked out of bounds, Stallings picked it up and it looked like he was holding it while yelling plays out to his players. Noah went to grab the ball from him to give to the ref and Stalling jerked it away. A few words were said while this was going down. Somehow no techincals were given to either team.

I actually didn't mind Noah at the beginning of the season last year. I actually really like guys that get out and show emotion on the court.

He's gone over the top on his celebrations though, and thats what annoys me. Any dunk no matter how mundane and he's pulling out his stupid pistol shooting act. (Which, BTW, I think should get him a T everytime. Thats taunting in my book, he's pointing at other players/fans).

I've never said anything about Noah other than the fact that I don't like him... But I've never liked him since the first time I saw him.... I hated Noah before hating Noah was cool. :lol:

Me too....but I refuse to throw him under the bus in these latest ridiculous situations.

Cliff notes From what i saw, the ball got knocked out of bounds, Stallings picked it up and it looked like he was holding it while yelling plays out to his players. Noah went to grab the ball from him to give to the ref and Stalling jerked it away. A few words were said while this was going down. Somehow no techincals were given to either team.

Don't forget to add Stalling's slapped at Noah as he reached for the ball. If you can he lips, he also said a few choice words to Noah. IMO, Stallings should've gotten a T.