Toughest places for an opponet to play

oldrambler

I don't know if this has been discussed on here before but what are everyones opinions of the toughest/most intimidating places for an opponet to come in and play in college basketball?

Mine would be (in no cetain order):

Phog Allen - Kansas

Cameron Indoor - Duke

Gallagher-Iba arena - Ok. Stat

Rupp Arena - Kentucky (especially when then crowd really gets going)

Florida's Home Court - (not sure of the name of the arena, the old place was nicknamed "alligator alley")

These are just some and I am sure that I am just not thinking of others so what are everyone's opinions?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kentucky is not that intimidating anymore. All they do is clap, I mean at Duke they go crazy all over the place, on the sideline inbounds they do that thing with their arms.

Florida has to be a top 5 place. They are very good at being organized with the Orange and Blue. Very loud!

Kentucky is not that intimidating anymore. All they do is clap, I mean at Duke they go crazy all over the place, on the sideline inbounds they do that thing with their arms.

Florida has to be a top 5 place. They are very good at being organized with the Orange and Blue. Very loud!

I'd put Duke, Florida and OK State at the top.

Having seen a game at Duke, the atmosphere is slightly overrated. The only side of the arena that is in to the game is the side with the students, which smartly, is shown on tv. Nevertheless, one of the toughest places to play in the nation.

I think Virginia's new arena will be top 5 in a year or two. Very intimidating for a new venue.

That's really kind of you to say. : )

If Virginia can establish a consistent winner, hopefully everything will take care of itself. One heck of a venue as everyone saw against Duke.

Since I'm ACC, I will have to also vote for the crazies. I'm sure if I lived in Big 12 country, I would go for one of those schools. Cameron Indoor feels like a small high school gym at times with the crowd on top of the players.

The team that plays in the facility is what causes the intimidation factor not the building itself. If all these places listed had bad teams then where they play wouldn't be too initmidating.

I would agree with that, but you see it all the time in college basketball. A team can't do ANYTHING on the road, but at home they are unbeatable. Most of the time that is because of the environment the crowd creates. Following the ACC, I know a majority of those teams have amazing home records, but on the road they struggle.

Kentucky is not that intimidating anymore. All they do is clap,

Rupp Arena can be, when like I said they really get going. Hopefully that will be the case tommorow vs. Fla.. I can see what you mean it that a lot of times it takes the team to get on a run before everything gets wild. This along with all the U.K. tradition and all the banners hanging above it is impressive.

Rupp Arena can be, when like I said they really get going. Hopefully that will be the case tommorow vs. Fla.. I can see what you mean it that a lot of times it takes the team to get on a run before everything gets wild. This along with all the U.K. tradition and all the banners hanging above it is impressive.

Oh yeah, history wise I'd say fist time opponents come in scared to death but unless Kentucky is hitting on all cylinders half way through the game it's not that great. I mean I love UK but I just wish they had a better layout for the students to get involved. I'm sure tomorrow it'll be crazy but I wish it could be like that every game!