McCreary Central 77 Lincoln County 74

Final.

McCreary led by ten twice and led after every quarter. Lincoln came back with a 10-0 run of their own to tie it, and several misses down the stretch at the free-throw line by Watts caused worry in Raider fans. Then, while leading by one, Watts lost a ball out of bounds with under a minute remaining. He made up for it when he blocked Overton and was fouled as he ran it back. Adam Swiger ended up making the winning free-throws to put the Raiders ahead by three.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were one of the preseason favorites. The injury to senior guard Josh Bartlee has set us back a little but we are playing well at the right time. Junior AWord Filter ViolationWord Filter ViolationWord Filter ViolationWord Filter Violation Swiger is really playing well as of late. Josh Phillips has been playing well. Gregory has played exceptionally well the last few games taking better shots and hitting the open man. Gibson made some nice plays against Lincoln besides taken a bad shot or two played pretty solid underneath. Forgot to mention Aaron Watts had 35 against Lincoln tonight!

Again congrats to the Raiders one step closer to the goal!

Good win by McCreary but before everyone gets to up in the air about it Lincoln was without two starters. One being Young their point guard who is their most valuable player. He does it all for them. With that being said it is still a good win for McCreary.

Good win by McCreary but before everyone gets to up in the air about it Lincoln was without two starters. One being Young their point guard who is their most valuable player. He does it all for them. With that being said it is still a good win for McCreary.

What kept Young out of the lineup? With Lincoln's limited depth (even with Young and Keaton), does this show that if you can get them in foul trouble they are very beatable?

Young had back problems from the Madison Central game. He should be back for the game on Friday. IF you can get Young and some of his buddies in foul trouble Lincoln is VERY beatable. Calhoun fouled out of this game as well.

After re-reading my previous post, I guess most teams are beatable if they get in foul trouble, though! I just think Lincoln, while a good team, isn't the best team in the region. I think in a big game they will struggle to find offense and a quick big man can give them trouble. Personally, I can't see them winning the 12th Region.

After re-reading my previous post, I guess most teams are beatable if they get in foul trouble, though! I just think Lincoln, while a good team, isn't the best team in the region. I think in a big game they will struggle to find offense and a quick big man can give them trouble. Personally, I can't see them winning the 12th Region.

I think they are still the best team in the region but everyone else is a LOT closer than people think. I believe Boyle is 1a if Lincoln is 1. McCreary showed that on a given night anyone can beat them. It will be interesting to see what Lincoln can do if someone can match their athletic kids and make them play a halfcourt game. I think you nailed it with them having a hard time scoring in the halfcourt.

Additional thoughts:

McCreary led by ten twice in this game. This could have easily become a 15-point win for McCreary, but unforced turnovers allowed Lincoln to get right back into the game. Lincoln didn't make their shots from the outside well and Gibson seemed much quicker on the inside than any player for Lincoln. Phillips also came through big and had consecutive layups with simple fakeouts - and did it all night. I'm really proud of these Raiders. After my post about their "best practice of the year" quote from Hale, they are on a five-game winning streak including wins at Lincoln, at East Jessamine, and against Southwestern.

They should be one of the favorites in the 12th next year.

They should be one of the favorites, if not the favorite. They return most of all their scoring with Watts, Phillips, Lay, Hale, Swiger. The seniors haven't put many points up this year and the loss of Bartley after this season won't be as bad as anticipated. After his surgery, he just has never really recovered. Size will be a problem. They lose their two tallest players in Gibson and Waters, but there could always be new players next year. Expect significant playing time out of next-year junior Dustin Shrock and next-year sophomore Zach Roark.