Dustin Hermanson

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not going out too far on the limb w/ your prediction are you? Who exactly and at what price would you like them to acquire?
I've beat that horse to death, over the last 1 1/2....Point being, that for the REDS to contend, they can't rely on mediocre seasons from the Cardinals and other, plus I don't feel they've helped their pitching woes, thus my comment about their record.

I've beat that horse to death, over the last 1 1/2....Point being, that for the REDS to contend, they can't rely on mediocre seasons from the Cardinals and other, plus I don't feel they've helped their pitching woes, thus my comment about their record.

I get it, but people just want them to magically go get quality starting pitching. I for one am very happy that they didn't give Meche or Lilly the contracts they got. They don't have many tradeable pieces to get quality starters back. So what do you want them to do and at what cost?

I get it, but people just want them to magically go get quality starting pitching. I for one am very happy that they didn't give Meche or Lilly the contracts they got. They don't have many tradable pieces to get quality starters back. So what do you want them to do and at what cost?
I'm not looking for anything magical, stated several names over the last year and half, that could have been pursued.

Other teams are signing them but the REDS, are band-aiding a gash....package deals abound, with this team. Some contracts, are hindering cash and not offering any help on the field.

I can see, package deals with several relievers, outfielders, catchers, etc....that could attract a quality starter for either the NL or AL. I could give you hundred's of names, of pitchers I would like to see but unless the brass, is willing to sign someone and yes, pay money....it will be another small cap market season, on the Ohio River.

I'm not looking for anything magical, stated several names over the last year and half, that could have been pursued.

Other teams are signing them but the REDS, are band-aiding a gash....package deals abound, with this team. Some contracts, are hindering cash and not offering any help on the field.

I can see, package deals with several relievers, outfielders, catchers, etc....that could attract a quality starter for either the NL or AL. I could give you hundred's of names, of pitchers I would like to see but unless the brass, is willing to sign someone and yes, pay money....it will be another small cap market season, on the Ohio River.

Unless there is a salary cap put in every year will be another small cap market season on the Ohio river. I would love to see the Reds trade for a quality starting pitcher. Who would just take a few of the current Reds in the current market? The only tradeable assets they have are Dunn and guys in the minor leagues. One of which is considered a quality pitcher. Who could they get for Dunn? If they trade him how are they going to score runs. The Astro's last year had great starting pitching and an offesnsive player far better than anyone the Reds have. They failed to reach the post season. The only way they will compete this year is if the division is down. The only way to compete in the future is to draft players and develop them and hope Bailey develops.

Unless there is a salary cap put in every year will be another small cap market season on the Ohio river. I would love to see the Reds trade for a quality starting pitcher. Who would just take a few of the current Reds in the current market? The only tradeable assets they have are Dunn and guys in the minor leagues. One of which is considered a quality pitcher. Who could they get for Dunn? If they trade him how are they going to score runs. The Astro's last year had great starting pitching and an offesnsive player far better than anyone the Reds have. They failed to reach the post season. The only way they will compete this year is if the division is down. The only way to compete in the future is to draft players and develop them and hope Bailey develops.
Don't agree with the Draft is the only way, at all. Package deal Griffey, Milton and 1-2 others, would bring possibly 1-3 players, which could perhaps be a #4 or #5 starter, along with current Triple A ability.

Krivsky stockpiled middle relievers last year, like they were cattle....Tradable assets, are a direct result of whom is being acquired. As you well know, with any trade, one team is willing to relinquish for various reasons and just my opinion, the REDS acquired talent, that not a lot of other MLB teams were seeking.

You have a good point, regarding "who would take some of the REDS"....that says a lot, about the acquisitions by both managements, the last few years.

Don't agree with the Draft is the only way, at all. Package deal Griffey, Milton and 1-2 others, would bring possibly 1-3 players, which could perhaps be a #4 or #5 starter, along with current Triple A ability.

Krivsky stockpiled middle relievers last year, like they were cattle....Tradable assets, are a direct result of whom is being acquired. As you well know, with any trade, one team is willing to relinquish for various reasons and just my opinion, the REDS acquired talent, that not a lot of other MLB teams were seeking.

You have a good point, regarding "who would take some of the REDS"....that says a lot, about the acquisitions by both managements, the last few years.

If you can find someone willing to take Griffey, Milton and some others they won't be willing to give you quality pitching back. Milton is horrible, but at the cuurent price people are paying more for the same or less. I actually find it hard to believe that they can find someone better than Milton for Griffey.

Krivsky has seen how it can happen for a small market team. I hope he can follow that blue print here. I don't know exactly how they did things in Minny, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't trading young players or signing free agnents like crazy. If the Reds have anyone like Santana they'll compete just about every year. Let's hope he can find someone like that. I'm not a big fan of some of his moves, but I'm willing to give him a few years to prove me wrong. A good start would be signing Harang for the next 5 years.

If you can find someone willing to take Griffey, Milton and some others they won't be willing to give you quality pitching back. Milton is horrible, but at the cuurent price people are paying more for the same or less. I actually find it hard to believe that they can find someone better than Milton for Griffey.

Krivsky has seen how it can happen for a small market team. I hope he can follow that blue print here. I don't know exactly how they did things in Minny, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't trading young players or signing free agnents like crazy. If the Reds have anyone like Santana they'll compete just about every year. Let's hope he can find someone like that. I'm not a big fan of some of his moves, but I'm willing to give him a few years to prove me wrong. A good start would be signing Harang for the next 5 years.

His name is..........................Homer!

Krivsky has seen how it can happen for a small market team. I hope he can follow that blue print here. I don't know exactly how they did things in Minny, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't trading young players or signing free agents like crazy. If the Reds have anyone like Santana they'll compete just about every year. Let's hope he can find someone like that. I'm not a big fan of some of his moves, but I'm willing to give him a few years to prove me wrong. A good start would be signing Harang for the next 5 years.

Agree on Harang....needs to be kept. I also agree on Milton, he's not worth the $9 mil± but I do think an AL team, would take Griffey for a DH and attendance reasons, so coattail Milton on that trade. You may be correct, no quality starter could be obtained but a #4 or #5, would certainly help this woeful rotation.

As for Krvisky, he's an acquirer....just not been real impressed, with his acquisitions.

They have a Santana style prospect, but his name isn't Homer...

Well, if he throws like Santana with the wrong hand, then Homer gets to a place we all hope and expect he can, perhaps we'll all be whining about the need to add offense.:cool: