Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Simon Kenton

Featured Replies

15 minutes ago, Oldercoach said:

Also, heard (????) he still lives in Campbell Co. and makes the 1 hour daily commute to Maysville via AA.

Pretty sure he lives in the Taylor Mill area.  I believe his kids participate in the TM Eagles organization.
Still not "just around the corner" from Maysville.  LOL

  • Replies 262
  • Views 39.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

As far as younger coaches go, Joe Wynn would be a good choice. 

2 hours ago, No Hiding Here....BC 21 said:

Pretty sure he lives in the Taylor Mill area.  I believe his kids participate in the TM Eagles organization.
Still not "just around the corner" from Maysville.  LOL

Taylor Mill to Independence…..sweeeeetttt!

Joe would be an outstanding choice. I do think SK needs a young coach with head coaching experience. Joe fits that need. I'm sure Mason Co would hate to lose him.

He has done a great job in resurrecting the Royals’ program after a few down years.  Just guessing family first probably dictated that hour long tough commute up the AA.  10 minutes from Taylor Mill to Independence would be very attractive.  Go get him administration.

On 11/19/2024 at 1:48 PM, Ohiocoach43 said:

This was year 7 of him being a head coach, he is 55-27 with a trip to a state semi and he is in his early 30's.

At that age and that resume, you have to at least interview him. That's a potential long-term hire. 

Alot of good names but don't matter unless they have applied. 

19 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Alot of good names but don't matter unless they have applied. 

I have been told they won't start offical interviews until after the playoffs

18 minutes ago, Sycamores57 said:

I have been told they won't start offical interviews until after the playoffs

A good sign. Hopefully it means they are interested in coaches still involved in post season playoffs with high performance programs. 

7 hours ago, MBKT said:

A good sign. Hopefully it means they are interested in coaches still involved in post season playoffs with high performance programs. 

Will they be able to bring their high performance players with them lol?

  • Author

Bump. 

Does the name Nate Ponzer mean anything to anyone? 

2 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Does the name Nate Ponzer mean anything to anyone? 

He graduated from Simon Kenton back around 2008 or 2009. Played guard on the hoops team and wideout on the football team. Coach Marksberry had him on his coaching staff for a handful of years prior to retiring. I'm not sure if Ponzer stayed on as an assistant under Coach Lucas or not.

19 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

He graduated from Simon Kenton back around 2008 or 2009. Played guard on the hoops team and wideout on the football team. Coach Marksberry had him on his coaching staff for a handful of years prior to retiring. I'm not sure if Ponzer stayed on as an assistant under Coach Lucas or not.

Good to know - was just told “if he wants it, he’s got it.” How true that is, I’m unsure, but did come from former SK player that seems to keep up with the program. 

 

9 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Good to know - was just told “if he wants it, he’s got it.” How true that is, I’m unsure, but did come from former SK player that seems to keep up with the program. 

I had a Simon Kenton teacher I know tell me back in the 2020/21 offseason after Marksberry had retired that they were pretty sure Ponzer applied for the job in that go-around. If he's still on the football staff at Simon Kenton now I'd think he may well be a top candidate unless the Troy Roberts and Principal Reinhart decide they want to go look for an entirely new direction.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.