Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Simon Kenton

Featured Replies

33 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Ryan Ware

4 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

I looked him up sounds like a good one.

I'm not saying he's necessarily going to be a likely candidate as the next head coach. Rather, it's just my understanding is that someone from Simon Kenton has reached out to him.

  • Replies 262
  • Views 39.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

FD has only been in existence what, seven or eight years? 

What have they done in that time that SK couldn't/can't do?

To be fair here how many programs in the state have put together a run of D1 Power 5 players like Douglas? I believe the year they lost to Cov Cath they had around 6 on that team. The year before that I believe there were 7 or so on the team. 

This thread still has legs!

  • Author
3 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

This thread still has legs!

This thread will have legs until the job is filled. 

2 hours ago, mcpapa said:

This thread still has legs!

image.gif.7d2e427b8f0a1ee853d4cef52194b31d.gif

9 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

You asked for a list of teams from smaller classes that SK played, because you didn't believe it happened. I provided that. Now you're lashing out and deflecting because it was proven that SK has in fact scheduled a ton of lower class teams over the years. 

Regardless of caliber, 6A teams should not make a habit of playing lower classed teams. Simon Kenton always has, and their post-season lack of success is a direct result of it. If you're upset that we call it out, I can't help you. 

Maybe SK should take a look at what Fredrick Douglass did and how they reached the top...

 

Some of them Louisville schools are soft and not physical tonight. Ballard did win but didn't SK beat them? 

On 11/15/2024 at 1:47 PM, MaddenCurse44 said:

Sounds good who is it?

I think you all are thinking of Rick Honaker.

8 minutes ago, Sycamores57 said:

I think you all are thinking of Rick Honaker.

Which would be a great hire for SK if it is him!!!

  • Author
12 minutes ago, Sycamores57 said:

I think you all are thinking of Rick Honaker.

3 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Which would be a great hire for SK if it is him!!!

What can each of you tell us about Coach Honaker?

Just now, theguru said:

What can each of you tell us about Coach Honaker?

Was an as assistant at Ryle for awhile under Warner, and the OC I believe the year they made state. Then coached at a college in Ohio, came back to be the OC with his good friend Nick Rice at Newport. Before then coaching at Thomas more.  After Thomas More he went back to Ryle, and eventually was the DC for Ryle’s current HC. He then accepted a job down in Georgia to be a coordinator and has been down there for a few years. I’m not sure if he is interested in moving back up here, however he is a football coach and would do a great job if Simon were to get him.  

  • Author
4 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Was an as assistant at Ryle for awhile under Warner, and the OC I believe the year they made state. Then coached at a college in Ohio, came back to be the OC with his good friend Nick Rice at Newport. Before then coaching at Thomas more.  After Thomas More he went back to Ryle, and eventually was the DC for Ryle’s current HC. He then accepted a job down in Georgia to be a coordinator and has been down there for a few years. I’m not sure if he is interested in moving back up here, however he is a football coach and would do a great job if Simon were to get him.  

My only reservation there would be he is a rolling stone. 

1 minute ago, theguru said:

My only reservation there would be he is a rolling stone. 

Once he gets a head coaching job, I doubt he would leave. Especially if it is at a place like SK. 

48 minutes ago, theguru said:

What can each of you tell us about Coach Honaker?

I don't know much about him to be honest.

I was told by a very good source Rick Honaker is going to apply for the SK job. We shall see.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.