Ashland 74 Boyd Co. 58

I assume you have never seen the Cov Cath student section.

I have seen CovCaths students section, and it was at a Football game to get them to the state Championship, and I will say the Kids from Ashland IMO put on a better show, all due respect to CovCath. Congrats to the Tomcats and Coach Buddy Biggs. They looked good from all points on the floor. Like I said, Ashlands student Section was AWESOME. But I must say I was disappointed with Boyd County's fans lack of enthusiasm, especially the Students. But it was a good game all around for the Tomcats, from the floor to the stands.

Keep building and rolling,

Yoter

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way is Ashlands student section better than cov Caths, I've been to some Cov Cath football and basketball games and they are just amazing. But Ashlands did put on a good show and are far and away the best in the 16th region.

As for the game, it seemed Selby wasn't as big as a factor in this game as he had been in the previous two. Bonner and Mcdavid guarded by committee and did a pretty good job. By the way, Selbys athleticism for his size is amazing! This kid is 6'3 and probably 250-280 lbs and lead Boyd on some fast breaks beating smaller kids down the floor on the dribble. Needs to go out for football and a D1 scholarship could be on the table.

Whose idea was it to TRY to move the student section anyway? Ashland's AD or Boyd's AD? One kid told his uncle that he was told that if they did not move, they would be kicked out of the game! Administration from neither school had a right to move anyone. They all had a general admission ticket like most everyone in the gym. I think all this commotion had a part in the Boyd's student section being so quiet.

First of all, I have no idea if the Boyd student section was told to move or not. All I know is that when I arrived at the APB gym during the Freshman game, the second set of bleachers from the door, were already marked "Boyd Student Section".

Now as history has it, the Boyd and APB student section always have been directly facing each other, as with any other school who plays APB at APB.

By the time that the Boyd student section arrived, during the J.V. game, all of those seats / bleachers that were marked "Boyd Student Section", were already in use by Boyd cheerleader and players parents. So even if APB wanted the Boyd students to move, it would have been impossible to move them to where the APB continguancy had dictated.

My question is...Why would the APB administrators, or boosters, or team, or custodians, or cheerleaders, or concession workers, or anyone affliated with APB decide to move the Boyd student section, when traditionally it has always been directly facing the APB student section?

Oh, and a quick remark..

"I really enjoyed the APB student cheering section, two :thumb: :thumb: to those students. Everyone of you were very entertaining! The only exception was the GSA taunt (those people were gone 3 years ago, so go track them down and taunt them).

BC's student section was asked to move.....twice. They didn't want the two student sections sitting straight across from one another. During the second request they were told that if there were any "negative chants" they would be asked to leave. Hence....the subdued atmosphere. They did wonder, however, why nothing was done when the opposing student section was allowed to chant the dreaded "3 letter" chant.

The Boyd Co. student section was asked to move b/c the Ashland administration did not want both student sections standing across from each other. So most of the students just stayed seated where they were until the whole conflict was resolved. They were told not to chant anything derogative and I think that's a big reason of why the student section was quiet the whole night. It's very unfortunate, b/c the Ashland section was chanting some very inappropriate chants, and no one stopped them.

The GSA chant was only used once and it was before the game, the administrators told them to stop, and it was not used again.

After Selby made a layup, they chanted "he's still fat."

They did that on multiple occasions last night.

Congrats nevertheless, you all have a solid basketball team!

After Selby made a layup, they chanted "he's still fat."

They did that on multiple occasions last night.

Congrats nevertheless, you all have a solid basketball team!

Just a side note...

I was referring to the student section's rollercoaster ride, when I was referring to them being entertaining.

I could not understand what they were chanting most of the time, and now I'm glad I didn't hear them correctly if they were making remarks about a players body size. Making derogitory personal comments about any player on the floor or off is uncalled for.

No way is Ashlands student section better than cov Caths, I've been to some Cov Cath football and basketball games and they are just amazing. But Ashlands did put on a good show and are far and away the best in the 16th region.

As for the game, it seemed Selby wasn't as big as a factor in this game as he had been in the previous two. Bonner and Mcdavid guarded by committee and did a pretty good job. By the way, Selbys athleticism for his size is amazing! This kid is 6'3 and probably 250-280 lbs and lead Boyd on some fast breaks beating smaller kids down the floor on the dribble. Needs to go out for football and a D1 scholarship could be on the table.

In no way am I taking anything away from CovCath, but last night Ashland's Student section could have cheered with the best, and I think anyone at the game would agree with me.

As for the Boyd Student section being asked to move... Every Basketball game I have ever been to the Ashland pep band has occupied the farthest section over just like last night. That one section would not have held the band and Boyds Student section. But whatever their motive Im not sure, I just know the band has been there as long as I can remember.

The GSA chant, however inappropriate, is something Boyd Co. is going to have a hard time living down. Everyone knows had the positions been reversed, Boyd, or whoever would bring it up.

I can remember the "fat" chants from Boyd Co. very well when Ashland's Brandon Pennington played... it goes both ways.

But good effort to the County and good luck the rest of the season. Its a good possibility that our paths will cross again.

Theres nothing like a great rivalry,

Yoter