Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Kentucky

Featured Replies

  • Replies 412
  • Views 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    You have to hire Reed Sheppard as a player/coach.  Hope he starts himself. 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Always interesting when people try to say Calipari doesn’t develop players. The majority of players that stayed more than one year got much better every year under him. Then even players that weren’t

Posted Images

Cal just released a video on twitter/X that it’s time for him and Erin to step away from the university and for a new voice to be heard. 

50 minutes ago, okie1 said:

Who is the most qualified KY alum on the coaching scene today?  Mark Pope? Travis Ford was hot for a couple of minutes...any other guys out there?

I don't think there really is anyone outside of Pope (remember, Ford was just fired from St. Louis).

Of the six head coaches at Kentucky during the modern day, only Joe Hall was connected as a student/player, and he only played one season before transferring to Sewanee (although he was later an assistant coach to Rupp). Of course Tubby Smith was an assistant for a brief period as well.

Kentucky has never really went the Duke/Carolina route of keeping it in house. That isn't a realistic option this time either.

40 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

 

 

Great final message. As I have said before I hope he gets the standing ovation he deserves his first game here as Arkansas coach. Before then it becoming a loud crazy environment rooting for the Cats to destroy his Arkansas team lol. 
 

His name will be up in the rafters one day once his career is over. 

As I stated in the Championship thread, I watched the game scouting Dan Hurley and wondering if I would like what I saw in UK Blue next year. After sleeping on it and in deep thought. My conclusion is “NO”.

I’ll pass…. What I saw even with them winning was a 12 year old throwing a temper tantrum at every questionable call or play.  Even went on the court and pushed his own player into action, and then threw a fit like he didn’t do it. 
 

Just my 2 cents!

As soon as everyone everywhere (not just in KY) realizes that the next John Wooden isn't out there the happier everyone will be.   No one anywhere is hiring a guy that is coming in and winning 8 straight and 10 out of 12.   There are plenty of good coaches out there, but they aren't winning every year.

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

UK fans would revolt over a guy with a title (Drew), but not over guys who cheated and don't have anything to show for it (Miller, Wade)?

That’s how it feels on social media. And I kinda see their perspective he might be missing the “big personality” that’s needed.
 

Cal was accused of cheating prior to coming to UK. Pitino/Adidas paid Bowen. Not sure if it matters so much anymore with NIL. 

25 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

As soon as everyone everywhere (not just in KY) realizes that the next John Wooden isn't out there the happier everyone will be.   No one anywhere is hiring a guy that is coming in and winning 8 straight and 10 out of 12.   There are plenty of good coaches out there, but they aren't winning every year.

Right, the game has changed and Kentucky is one of the losers of the NIL/Portal era.

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

 

 

I think it was a good message and closure some of us wanted.

Okay so with Cal officially gone, where does Mitch Barnhard turn too/offer and try to get?

Dan Hurley (UCONN)

Billy Donovan (NBA - Bulls)

Scott Drew (Baylor) - - this would probably be the one that ends up getting the job due to his and Mitch's close friendship

Mark Few (Gonzaga)

Mark Pope (BYU)

Chris Beard (Ole Miss)

Bruce Pearl (Auburn)

Rick Barnes (Tennessee) -- Yeah I know this would never happen in a million years...

 

Someone else not on the list?

9 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

Okay so with Cal officially gone, where does Mitch Barnhard turn too/offer and try to get?

Dan Hurley (UCONN)

Billy Donovan (NBA - Bulls)

Scott Drew (Baylor) - - this would probably be the one that ends up getting the job due to his and Mitch's close friendship

Mark Few (Gonzaga)

Mark Pope (BYU)

Chris Beard (Ole Miss)

Bruce Pearl (Auburn)

Rick Barnes (Tennessee) -- Yeah I know this would never happen in a million years...

 

Someone else not on the list?

I'm assuming Hurley is a no. Outside of that, it is a bunch of "whomp whomp" for me. I'd rather roll the dice with a guy like Golden at Florida.

6 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I agree with this. The big names aren't coming. Scott Drew is the last opportunity for a hire that BBN won't completely riot over. 

Surely Drew won't leave Baylor to come to Kentucky after turning down (not interested) in the coaching job at Louisville would he. ?

8 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I definitely want Donovan over Drew. However, I think fans would much rather have Drew over the other names you mentioned like Miller, Wade, etc. 

agree

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.