Open Job: Kentucky

3 minutes ago, I gotta go to work said:

This is already a circus. Offer it to Dawn Staley to really get people going. 

What did we expect? Each time it has been open it has been a circus. 

11 hours ago, tcjkbt said:

Looks like UK, UL,WKU and I think Morehead will all have new coaches next season.    Which fanbase will end up being the happiest next March?

Unless UK wins the national championship by 15 or more their fan base will be in a snit. UL will be improved and a little happier. WKU and MSU will be ok unless they get gutted by the portal.

10 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

But UConn is getting closer and closer to that level. And for a New Jersey guy, I'm not sure he'd leave it.

Why would an East Coast guy with all those ties in that area want to move to Lexington? His agent and attorney have probably drafted his new agreement contingent on winning tonight. UConn's fans love him and even if they struggle they won't be as brutal as UKs fans are.

• Like 1

No one has really talked about that I have seen, but while I always thought it was crazy giving someone a lifetime contract now what to me makes it look even worse, he would have received $33 million if fired. However, he can leave as he is and go to another program (even one in the SEC) and the contract had no buyout so that if this happened another school would have to pay Kentucky something. I guess it is worth it, but I would be curious to see how many major college programs besides Kentucky have no buyout on their coach.

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

Why would an East Coast guy with all those ties in that area want to move to Lexington? His agent and attorney have probably drafted his new agreement contingent on winning tonight. UConn's fans love him and even if they struggle they won't be as brutal as UKs fans are.

He is Bengals fan. (True!)

Only a little over an hour to Bengals games.

Jim Dunaway

@jimdunaway

Kentucky has been working back channels today to gauge the interest of Nate Oats per sources. The $18M buyout appears not to be an obstacle. I’m told Nate Oats does not want to leave but Kentucky may still make a push. Now would be a great time for a Oats announcement

@AlabamaMBB

@NextRoundLive

8:38 PM · Apr 8, 2024

·

Views