Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Kentucky

Featured Replies

  • Author
3 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

My list goes:

Dan Hurley

Jay Wright

Brad Stevens

Billy Donovan

Buzz Williams

 

Beyond that, I'll know it's an absolute step down unless something shocks me. 

Dan Hurley, absolutely!

Jay Wright, got to make him say no.

Brad Stevens would be awesome, but he's got a cushy front office job. I don't think he'd consider it.

Are we willing to wait 3 or 4 weeks to see if Billy is interested. 

Why Buzz? He has averaged 12 losses per year at A&M and has 1 NCAA victory while there.

  • Replies 412
  • Views 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    You have to hire Reed Sheppard as a player/coach.  Hope he starts himself. 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Always interesting when people try to say Calipari doesn’t develop players. The majority of players that stayed more than one year got much better every year under him. Then even players that weren’t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Donovan has had two chances at this job and has never hinted that he was interested either time. With his name on the Florida Court, I just don't think UK will ever be an option for him.

UK fans would lose their minds if Mitch waited a month to try to hire Donovan, after the NBA season.

Why would he have to wait until the end of the NBA season, he doesn’t have a ball and chain attached to the Chicago bench does he??

Donovan first then I would call Pitino, bury the hatchet, I think BBN would love it!!!

 

7 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Billy Donovan isn't walking through that door. 

Totally agree.

Better be a big hire, because the “one and done” was always going to create the huge roster vacuum when/if he left.  

Looks like UK, UL,WKU and I think Morehead will all have new coaches next season.    Which fanbase will end up being the happiest next March?

23 minutes ago, Oldercoach said:

Better be a big hire, because the “one and done” was always going to create the huge roster vacuum when/if he left.  

The transfer rules meant that was going to happen no matter who gets hired. And it happens a low-, mid-, and high-major jobs. Its just the nature of the game currently.

When you first say "Dan Hurley," the thought crosses immediately to "Why would he leave his set up at UConn?"  

 

I have no idea about Dan Hurley but my thoughts are this:

Especially if he wins tonight......what more does he have to accomplish at UConn vs trying to "rebuild" Kentucky into a national champion.  Is he looking for the next challenge?  What does his ego need?

More money....I have to believe UK will pay him more.

Regardless of recent success, UK is a national product...much more than UConn.  I would put Duke, UK, North Carolina and UCLA in those "national product" type places.

So while at first thought it takes me to why would he, I know shift to why would he not want the challenge???

4 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Donovan has had two chances at this job and has never hinted that he was interested either time. With his name on the Florida Court, I just don't think UK will ever be an option for him.

UK fans would lose their minds if Mitch waited a month to try to hire Donovan, after the NBA season.

Unless the Donovan Bulls go on a playoff run, their season will be done in about 10 days. 

6 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

Regardless of recent success, UK is a national product...much more than UConn.  I would put Duke, UK, North Carolina and UCLA in those "national product" type places.

But UConn is getting closer and closer to that level. And for a New Jersey guy, I'm not sure he'd leave it.

18 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

When you first say "Dan Hurley," the thought crosses immediately to "Why would he leave his set up at UConn?"  

 

I have no idea about Dan Hurley but my thoughts are this:

Especially if he wins tonight......what more does he have to accomplish at UConn vs trying to "rebuild" Kentucky into a national champion.  Is he looking for the next challenge?  What does his ego need?

More money....I have to believe UK will pay him more.

Regardless of recent success, UK is a national product...much more than UConn.  I would put Duke, UK, North Carolina and UCLA in those "national product" type places.

So while at first thought it takes me to why would he, I know shift to why would he not want the challenge???

UConn has basically became a blue blood and now will only be two titles behind UK if he wins it tonight. He can continue to build his legacy by staying at UConn and trying to become a legendary coach that has even won more than 2 titles. He can do all that while now having all the extra pressure that comes with this UK job, where literally a coach is maxed out after 10 years. 
 

With that said as you mentioned sometimes coaches like a challenge. So that could be the small chance he leaves. 

  • Author
41 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Unless the Donovan Bulls go on a playoff run, their season will be done in about 10 days. 

I don't think UK waits even that long. Plus I'm not sold that he's the answer. Could be, but I just don't think UK is a job he has interest in.

1 hour ago, tcjkbt said:

Looks like UK, UL,WKU and I think Morehead will all have new coaches next season.    Which fanbase will end up being the happiest next March?

Louisville.

Thank goodness UK is out of the Calipari contract. Hire a coach that can develop players and make UK great again!

You have to hire Reed Sheppard as a player/coach.  Hope he starts himself. 

1 hour ago, cincyswords said:

When you first say "Dan Hurley," the thought crosses immediately to "Why would he leave his set up at UConn?"  

 

I have no idea about Dan Hurley but my thoughts are this:

Especially if he wins tonight......what more does he have to accomplish at UConn vs trying to "rebuild" Kentucky into a national champion.  Is he looking for the next challenge?  What does his ego need?

More money....I have to believe UK will pay him more.

Regardless of recent success, UK is a national product...much more than UConn.  I would put Duke, UK, North Carolina and UCLA in those "national product" type places.

So while at first thought it takes me to why would he, I know shift to why would he not want the challenge???

You are grossly under-representing UConn…

If they win tonight, they will have six titles, all since 2000.

Hurley isn’t leaving a back-to-back National champion for Kentucky. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.