Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Kentucky

Featured Replies

Just now, okie1 said:

Sorry the sarcasm didn't flow through the screen.  It was a joke.

I figured it was.   Just stating the obvious.

 

  • Replies 412
  • Views 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    You have to hire Reed Sheppard as a player/coach.  Hope he starts himself. 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Always interesting when people try to say Calipari doesn’t develop players. The majority of players that stayed more than one year got much better every year under him. Then even players that weren’t

Posted Images

5 hours ago, D1RTYBIRD said:

I think Donovan will be our guy. If Mitch gets Drew I think a lot of fans would revolt (I.e. Schiano to Tennessee). IF Donovan says no you would have to pivot to a tier of coaches like Sean Miller, Will Wade, or T.J. Otzelberger because more than likely UConn throws a bag and Hurley says no. 

They definitely gotta open up their pocket books.

5 hours ago, D1RTYBIRD said:

I think Donovan will be our guy. If Mitch gets Drew I think a lot of fans would revolt (I.e. Schiano to Tennessee). IF Donovan says no you would have to pivot to a tier of coaches like Sean Miller, Will Wade, or T.J. Otzelberger because more than likely UConn throws a bag and Hurley says no. 

UK fans would revolt over a guy with a title (Drew), but not over guys who cheated and don't have anything to show for it (Miller, Wade)?

Just now, TheDeuce said:

UK fans would revolt over a guy with a title (Drew), but not over guys who cheated and don't have anything to show for it (Miller, Wade)?

UK fans will lose their mind if Will Wade is the next coach. I think many are comfortable and have come to terms that it will probably be Scott Drew, or they are sure hoping it will be because they don't want to start digging into the 2nd tier.

1 minute ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

UK fans will lose their mind if Will Wade is the next coach. I think many are comfortable and have come to terms that it will probably be Scott Drew, or they are sure hoping it will be because they don't want to start digging into the 2nd tier.

I agree with this. The big names aren't coming. Scott Drew is the last opportunity for a hire that BBN won't completely riot over. 

9 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I agree with this. The big names aren't coming. Scott Drew is the last opportunity for a hire that BBN won't completely riot over. 

WE (BBN) only have ourselves to be mad at if this happens.  I think most level headed members of the BBN are on pins and needles right now!

4 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

According to Dick Gabriel, Arkansas offered Cal, Cal then took it to Kentucky to counter it and Kentucky said No. 

Yep. This is how contract negotiations work.

Cal knew they were going to say no. 

This way, he can say he tried and put it back on Mitch.

5 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Cal knew they were going to say no. 

This way, he can say he tried and put it back on Mitch.

I believe this was orchestrated by both sides following the Oakland loss. Cal apologists (a dying breed) can say, "See, he tried." And the anti-Cal side can applaud Barnhart for not giving in. I assume there is also some kind of understanding that if Calipari ever receives an offer, he is to go to administration for a counter.

 

25 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

According to Dick Gabriel, Arkansas offered Cal, Cal then took it to Kentucky to counter it and Kentucky said No. 

Only thing that UK could counter would have been NIL and that is on Cal for ruining his relationships with top boosters.  

You can't blame Mitch for that.  

8 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

 

"...before personally making contact...." = our guys are talking to their guys.

3 minutes ago, bugatti said:

"...before personally making contact...." = our guys are talking to their guys.

Correct, noone is sitting on their hands right now.  

When Cal was hired, Mike Pratt and company helpe broker the deal.  Who is out there with connections to help possible broker a deal?

 

Who is the most qualified KY alum on the coaching scene today?  Mark Pope? Travis Ford was hot for a couple of minutes...any other guys out there?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.