Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Kentucky

Featured Replies

  • Author
6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I assume that means you are a no on Rick Pitino also?

Yes.

The difference would be that Miller had been at Arizona for years and had program fully built when he had these failures. Pitino was in rebuilding mode with his last two programs when he has failures. To be clear I don't want Pitino either, but they were in vastly different circumstances. 

  • Replies 412
  • Views 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    You have to hire Reed Sheppard as a player/coach.  Hope he starts himself. 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Always interesting when people try to say Calipari doesn’t develop players. The majority of players that stayed more than one year got much better every year under him. Then even players that weren’t

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Yes.

The difference would be that Miller had been at Arizona for years and had program fully built when he had these failures. Pitino was in rebuilding mode with his last two programs when he has failures. To be clear I don't want Pitino either, but they were in vastly different circumstances. 

OK, gotcha now. It's not about the NCAA violations. Your opposition to Miller is about the coaching record. I thought you were anti Miller because of the NCAA violations.

2 hours ago, Mikes2074 said:

Saw an interesting take from Seth Greenberg talking about future of NCAA and that there is a chance UCONN would be on the outside looking in. Hurley making the move to KY to stay relevant. 

What does this even mean? Conference alignment being driven by football?

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I've said it a few times and I will say it again. UL got the exact type of guy they needed right now.

100%.

Will that equate to wins? Who knows... But we needed a jolt of energy, someone that AT LEAST acted like they cared that they were the head coach at Louisville. So far, in that regard, Kelsey has been a grand slam hire. 

9 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

How does Sean Miller even get in this conversation? 

Last 5 years NCAA record while at Arizona he missed last 2 tournaments that were played.  Had 2 first round losses and won two games the other year.

As far as, he was just doing what's legal now. That's a crazy argument, he still willingly broke the rules in place at the time. 

Please No Sean Miller at UK!!!

I'm glad to finally see someone else with this mindset. There was a faction of the Louisville fan base that wanted Will Wade and I was adamantly against it. 

It's completely irrelevant that what they did is legal now. They knew the rules, willingly broke them, and didn't even have anything to show for it. 

It's a hard no. 

51 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

OK, gotcha now. It's not about the NCAA violations. Your opposition to Miller is about the coaching record. I thought you were anti Miller because of the NCAA violations.

Even if you are talking about the NCAA violations, Miller and Pitino aren't the same, IMO. 

It is rare to see a head coach change jobs after winning a title in their respective sports.

In football, I can think of: Schnellenberger leaving for the USFL, Bobby Ross to Detroit, Jimmy Johnson to Dallas, and now Hargbaugh leaving for the Chargers (but if we are being honest, that is just as much about him escaping possible NCAA punishment). These would fall under the "promotion" category going from college to the pros.

I can't think of any in basketball, let alone a back-to-back title winner. Pitino was a year removed before returning to the NBA.

I would love to see Hurely, but I think Scott Drew will be a fantastic hire as well.  I like Drew better than Donovan.  Donovan has 0 recruiting connections with this era of HS/College Athletes.  With the current landscape of what have you done for me lately that is worrisome.  

Hopefuly by Friday we our guy!

11 minutes ago, okie1 said:

I would love to see Hurely, but I think Scott Drew will be a fantastic hire as well.  I like Drew better than Donovan.  Donovan has 0 recruiting connections with this era of HS/College Athletes.  With the current landscape of what have you done for me lately that is worrisome.  

Hopefuly by Friday we our guy!

I agree about Donovan vs. Drew. 

  • Author
1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

OK, gotcha now. It's not about the NCAA violations. Your opposition to Miller is about the coaching record. I thought you were anti Miller because of the NCAA violations.

That's part of not wanting him or Rick for sure.

 

Seems like it's Scott Drew's for the taking should he want it.

I'll say this, I felt there was a natural fear factor involved for the opposition with Cal at Kentucky.

I don't have that same mindset with Drew. I'm sure he would be successful, but it won't be/feel the same.

If it's Drew, I think it will be a pretty polarizing hire for BBN. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.