Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Kentucky

Featured Replies

8 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

UK fans would revolt over a guy with a title (Drew), but not over guys who cheated and don't have anything to show for it (Miller, Wade)?

I have no problem with Miller. He basically did stuff that is now legal and that other coaches (Bill Self e.g.) got nothing from the NCAA.

  • Replies 412
  • Views 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    You have to hire Reed Sheppard as a player/coach.  Hope he starts himself. 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Always interesting when people try to say Calipari doesn’t develop players. The majority of players that stayed more than one year got much better every year under him. Then even players that weren’t

Posted Images

Gonna try and sell myself a little more on Scott Drew.

Only 7 current coaches have a NCAA title (8 if ya count Donovan).

Calipari - Not an Option
Izzo - Not an Option
Self - Not an Option
Hurley - Please Sweet Baby Jesus
Donovan - Bad Timing
Pitino - Idk what to say
Bennett - Barf
Scott Drew

17 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Gonna try and sell myself a little more on Scott Drew.

Only 7 current coaches have a NCAA title (8 if ya count Donovan).

Calipari - Not an Option
Izzo - Not an Option
Self - Not an Option
Hurley - Please Sweet Baby Jesus
Donovan - Bad Timing
Pitino - Idk what to say
Bennett - Barf
Scott Drew

That's kinda where I am with all of this as well. I even said to myself earlier that the timing just isn't right for UK and Donovan.   

29 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Gonna try and sell myself a little more on Scott Drew.

Only 7 current coaches have a NCAA title (8 if ya count Donovan).

Calipari - Not an Option
Izzo - Not an Option
Self - Not an Option
Hurley - Please Sweet Baby Jesus
Donovan - Bad Timing
Pitino - Idk what to say
Bennett - Barf
Scott Drew

Tom Izzo not an option? Did I miss something and he has said he wouldn’t couldn’t UK if contacted?

If UK doesn’t get one of the four main targets talked about in Hurley, Oats, Drew, and Donovan. Then I think Izzo would be one of the next group of coaches contacted. He is very similar to Drew in how they both have been at one place a long time, and both won a title. Only difference is obviously Drew’s is much more recent, however Izzo has much more tournament success. So unless Izzo has already came out and said no, I think he very well could be a serious option if UK wanted to go that route. 
 

As for Donovan I don’t think the timing is that bad. The NBA season ends Sunday, and his season most likely will end no later than next Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Surely Drew won't leave Baylor to come to Kentucky after turning down (not interested) in the coaching job at Louisville would he. ?

I couldn’t care less, to be honest. His personality couldn’t be farther from what’s needed at Louisville, and he doesn’t worry me in the least about what he will do at UK.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have no problem with Miller. He basically did stuff that is now legal and that other coaches (Bill Self e.g.) got nothing from the NCAA.

Miller is an intriguing candidate. I liked him at Arizona. He has that personality for the job too. Can recruit. I didn’t follow Xavier much but supposedly he revamped his offensive philosophy. 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have no problem with Miller. He basically did stuff that is now legal and that other coaches (Bill Self e.g.) got nothing from the NCAA.

I have no problem with Miller in that regard. I just wouldn’t want him here at UK, because I don’t think he is a good enough coach for what is expected at UK. 

34 minutes ago, D1RTYBIRD said:

Miller is an intriguing candidate. I liked him at Arizona. He has that personality for the job too. Can recruit. I didn’t follow Xavier much but supposedly he revamped his offensive philosophy. 

He just finished 16 and 19 this year at Xavier. No thanks. 

  • Author

How does Sean Miller even get in this conversation? 

Last 5 years NCAA record while at Arizona he missed last 2 tournaments that were played.  Had 2 first round losses and won two games the other year.

As far as, he was just doing what's legal now. That's a crazy argument, he still willingly broke the rules in place at the time. 

Please No Sean Miller at UK!!!

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

How does Sean Miller even get in this conversation? 

Last 5 years NCAA record while at Arizona he missed last 2 tournaments that were played.  Had 2 first round losses and won two games the other year.

As far as, he was just doing what's legal now. That's a crazy argument, he still willingly broke the rules in place at the time. 

Please No Sean Miller at UK!!!

I assume that means you are a no on Rick Pitino also?

Saw an interesting take from Seth Greenberg talking about future of NCAA and that there is a chance UCONN would be on the outside looking in. Hurley making the move to KY to stay relevant. 

9 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Tom Izzo not an option? Did I miss something and he has said he wouldn’t couldn’t UK if contacted?

If UK doesn’t get one of the four main targets talked about in Hurley, Oats, Drew, and Donovan. Then I think Izzo would be one of the next group of coaches contacted. He is very similar to Drew in how they both have been at one place a long time, and both won a title. Only difference is obviously Drew’s is much more recent, however Izzo has much more tournament success. So unless Izzo has already came out and said no, I think he very well could be a serious option if UK wanted to go that route. 

I just don't think they would consider him and not sure he'd want to be considered. He's almost 70. Maybe a hot take, I don't think he's in the game too much longer.

9 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I couldn’t care less, to be honest. His personality couldn’t be farther from what’s needed at Louisville, and he doesn’t worry me in the least about what he will do at UK.

I've said it a few times and I will say it again. UL got the exact type of guy they needed right now.

1. John Mosley

2. Dawn Staley

3. Kim Mulky

 

Wishlist!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.