Fairdale Coach John Hunt (and his wife) out - (JCPS clears Coach Hunt and his wife of any wrongdoing)

• theguru changed the title to Fairdale Coach John Hunt (and his wife) out - (JCPS clears Coach Hunt and his wife of any wrongdoing)
4 hours ago, Calico Jack said:

All based off an anonymous tip witch hunt (no pun intended).  There is nothing to this & look for the both of them to be reinstated.

Just another example of how "whistleblower actions" are frequently abused.  

15 minutes ago, theguru said:

Just another example of how "whistleblower actions" are frequently abused.  

Precisely.  Now it’s time for those two to take the whistleblowers to court. Whether they will or not, I don’t know.

2 minutes ago, Calico Jack said:

Precisely.  Now it’s time for those two to take the whistleblowers to court. Whether they will or not, I don’t know.

I agree.  However it depends on what was reported, who it was reported to, and if the identity of the reporting party is even known.  The Kentucky Revised Statues probably don't cover something like this as a criminal matter (this is open for debate if anyone wants to go there, I don't) so I think the only remedy is to sue the offending party civilly like you suggested. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I agree.  However it depends on what was reported, who it was reported to, and if the identity of the reporting party is even known.  The Kentucky Revised Statues probably don't cover something like this as a criminal matter (this is open for debate if anyone wants to go there, I don't) so I think the only remedy is to sue the offending party civilly like you suggested. 

Absolutely.  I would think there would be some sort of suit towards slander/libel, depending on the manner in which this anonymous and completely bogus (as well as potentially career and life ruining) accusations were made.

1 hour ago, Calico Jack said:

Absolutely.  I would think there would be some sort of suit towards slander/libel, depending on the manner in which this anonymous and completely bogus (as well as potentially career and life ruining) accusations were made.

And if it truly was anonymous then in my opinion JCPS is on the hook and I would sue them.  

I think when it comes to something like this, someone has to pay.  Ideally the person that falsely reported this unless that is not possible because their identity is not known, then JCPS for sure. 

Finally, if no one suffers any consequences here, get ready for more false allegations against school employees that anyone has a grudge with because it will be coming. 

Anonymous allegation. How do you handle it?

Should they be suspended first before any investigation?

Bring in the alleged offenders, ask questions and let them continue in place if they deny any wrongdoing?

If they continue on while being investigated, at what point would you suspend them? First corroborating reports that support the allegations?

20 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Anonymous allegation. How do you handle it?

Should they be suspended first before any investigation?

Bring in the alleged offenders, ask questions and let them continue in place if they deny any wrongdoing?

If they continue on while being investigated, at what point would you suspend them? First corroborating reports that support the allegations?

All good, and valid points. Because if there is wrongdoing, and you have allowed the person to continue in position for the length of an investigation (which could be weeks), it's definitely a bad look. These are really difficult situations for all parties.

2 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

All good, and valid points. Because if there is wrongdoing, and you have allowed the person to continue in position for the length of an investigation (which could be weeks), it's definitely a bad look. These are really difficult situations for all parties.

Anonymous though? Doesn't that allow anyone who chooses to malign a person with no impunity? These allegations will follow the accused.