Chiefs 25 Bengals 17

Final. No points in the 2nd half. Just a pitiful 2nd half offensively. With that we are officially eliminated from the playoffs. Oh well it was a long shot anyway, but this was a very winnable game I don't care what anyone says if the Raiders can beat them at home we could have as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, burreaux said:

Someone please remind me why Zac Taylor is a good coach. Games like this happen all too often.

Chiefs have won 8 straight division titles.  I think sometimes the opponents have something to do with it.  

1 minute ago, sportsfan41 said:

Chiefs have won 8 straight division titles.  I think sometimes the opponents have something to do with it.  

So other coaches are better? I think that's the problem, this team always seems to be out-coached.

8 minutes ago, burreaux said:

Someone please remind me why Zac Taylor is a good coach. Games like this happen all too often.

He’s not, he’s the Mark Stoops of the NFL, great culture, players love him, great at building the team, in game coaching is PATHETIC!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Most years yes I agree, but not this year they are not a very good team. This is the first season in those 8 years that their defense is better than their offense they lost 3 at home and one of those was last week against the Raiders who are 7-9 and lost to the Broncos. They also have scored less than 20 points in 7 of their 16 games this season.

• Like 1

The Jake Browning hot streak is definitely over. He was a flash in the pan for a few weeks and that was fun, but he's been figured out now.

Browns are resting their starters next week and the Bengals have nothing to play for. Just give me something to look forward to and start McCarron.

If you know you can’t run the ball why not do the Hal Mumme Air raid? modern day NFL obviously favors the passing game so take advantage. 5 wide and take what the defense  gives you. 

I was 100% about the 4th down call, the call not so much. Browning was very successful rolling out and picking his spots, why not do that again? Tripping over the centers foot? That being said, hindsight says take the points. Buckner theMVP today.

12 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

If you know you can’t run the ball why not do the Hal Mumme Air raid? modern day NFL obviously favors the passing game so take advantage. 5 wide and take what the defense  gives you. 

That would work if the O-line could give Browning more than a second and half before he is hit or has to scramble. 

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Most years yes I agree, but not this year they are not a very good team. This is the first season in those 8 years that their defense is better than their offense they lost 3 at home and one of those was last week against the Raiders who are 7-9 and lost to the Broncos. They also have scored less than 20 points in 7 of their 16 games this season.

I really expected the Bengals to go 0-6 after Burrow's injury.  I don't think Taylor is a top notch NFL coach but he's also one of the youngest and newest head coaches in the league.  I'm just not upset with him or anything he's done at this point. 

1 hour ago, burreaux said:

So other coaches are better? I think that's the problem, this team always seems to be out-coached.

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

He’s not, he’s the Mark Stoops of the NFL, great culture, players love him, great at building the team, in game coaching is PATHETIC!!

The last two years no one was saying they were out . In fact the bengals coached last two years was one of the best with in game and halftime adjustments. This year no so much. 

I’m not a fan of Taylor the play caller, but as a head coach I am fine with. Which while people will say it’s just excuses, it’s also facts. Defensively they were very young in the secondary, which showed. I expect that to be much better next year. D line needs work though. Then offensively when you maybe only had a healthy Burrow for maybe 4 games, it does make a difference. 

This year was very disappointing, but let’s not overreact and act these coaches didn’t do a good job and our coach many other last two years. 

Teams started to figure them out this year, and now they need to show they can answer and put the right pieces together to bounce back. 

I thought that there were two plays that completely changed the momentum of the game.   

Bengals getting nothing deep in KC territory by eschewing a chip shot FG. 

Mahomes getting a yard and a half on 4th and 1 late in the game. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Defensively they were very young in the secondary, which showed.

Secondary has rookie Battle and 2nd year Hill, but the other two Hilton is in his 7th year and Awuzie is in his 5th season. I will give you the secondary is somewhat young, but there is no reason with our d-line and linebackers that teams should dominate us and run the ball the way they have. The d-line and linebackers average over 5 years of experience. The defense now through 16 games are averaging 382 of total offense, 127 yards rushing and 22 first downs a game. Like today going into to today's game Pacheco was averaging 4.2 yards per carry he averaged 7.2 today.

• Like 1