Have we seen the end of the Big Three?

LSURock

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I thank God for the fortune my 2 sons had in their varsity seasons under Coach Beatty. Buying 5 rings has been nothing more than a debt of pleasure that I will forever be grateful for the rest of my life.

As for stating the truths about this run, it may well be called rubbing salt into the wounds by our biggest rival, and I would have to say that many of them deserve it. But in taking from Coach Beattys' speech at the banquet(my last I guess) , humility is a virtue that can keep a man headed on the right path. I would rather win again and just grin rather than ...........

Well, I thank God for the fortune my 2 sons had in their varsity seasons under Coach Beatty. Buying 5 rings has been nothing more than a debt of pleasure that I will forever be grateful for the rest of my life.

As for stating the truths about this run, it may well be called rubbing salt into the wounds by our biggest rival, and I would have to say that many of them deserve it. But in taking from Coach Beattys' speech at the banquet(my last I guess) , humility is a virtue that can keep a man headed on the right path. I would rather win again and just grin rather than ...........

...........GLOAT!

Sorry BareRock I coudn't help myself.

All joking aside, this is the most sensible post in this thread. Thank you BareRock for taking the high road.

"The fall from ones perch is a little less painful when one remembers from wince thee came,

and a little easier a climb to regain the same".

I think they are still the big three but no doubt T is #1 right now.

oldonetech, it doesn't have to be that way in 6A. Look at Ohio, I believe all four teams in the big school semi-finals were public schools.

Cincinatti has arount ten catholic schools in a city with a similar population to Louisville that play football. Louisville has two. There talent is a lot more deluted in Ohio. One large city in the whole state with only two catholic high schools, and open enrollment in their public schools. There is an advantage that is not seen across the state of Ohio.

Cincinatti has arount ten catholic schools in a city with a similar population to Louisville that play football. Louisville has two. There talent is a lot more deluted in Ohio. One large city in the whole state with only two catholic high schools, and open enrollment in their public schools. There is an advantage that is not seen across the state of Ohio.

One word, research.

There are actually 4 Catholic High Schools in Louisville which field football teams. 3 of which are all male. You are already well acquainted with Trinity and St. X. DeSales High School is an all male catholic school as well. The 4th one in Louisville is Holy Cross. Holy Cross is coed, however both of these schools could "dilute" the talent in some cases. In fact I know of a few players on those squads that started out either as a Shamrock or a Tiger.

The biggest disadvantages those schools have in my opinion is that their locations are not to most appealing to many parents who choose a parochial education and the fact that their alumni bases are not as numerous or active as those of Trinity and St.X.

4 is not 10 by any means, however Trinity and St.X are hardly the only shindigs in town.

Also, while Cincy has a similar population, I would be willing to say that it has a larger Catholic population.

Were it not for the scope of the scandal in Louisville and S.E. Christian not 50% former Catholic I might argue that they were nearly identical, however I do not feel that your statement is in error. As such I will agree. :thumb:

I can't believe that he would attend X. I had heard he would attend DeSales. Who knows.

Why? Jeff Brohm begged Mike Glaser to let himtransfer to X at Christmas break his freshman year at T. Mike would't let him unless he had meeting with Lampley first. He did and the rest is history. Not at all hard to believe.

Just so you all know what we are talking about:

Cincinnati's population in 2005 was 331,310 (metro only), their METROPOLITAN population is at 2,113,011 which is giagantic. Louisville (which is Metro, with an annexed Jefferson County) has a population of 699, 827....therefore Cincinnati having 2.5 times the Catholic High Schools makes sense now doesn't it.

Why? Jeff Brohm begged Mike Glaser to let himtransfer to X at Christmas break his freshman year at T. Mike would't let him unless he had meeting with Lampley first. He did and the rest is history. Not at all hard to believe.

I have heard inklings of this, though Jeff did no begging in that X would've been happy to have him, from what I hear, Glaser suggested the talk.

• 3 weeks later...
Balfour would not have let Trinity put "Dynasty" on their rings for 2006 without the facts to back it up. At the moment the Rocks are the BIG ONE followed by the NEXT TWO followed by the WANNA BE THREE. Those are my thoughts.... plus I wanted to see my avatar picture again.

I think this post hits it right on the head. Fantastic!:thumb: Trinity has pulled away, and a certain school that starts with a M has tried to categorize themselves with the likes of T, X, and Male without the achievements. I hear its a great academic school though.