Have we seen the end of the Big Three?

LSURock

The big three are here to stay it will be very unlikely that one of them doesn't win the title every year in the next 10 years. Sorry about the rest of the state in 6a but that is the way it is.

True. But what if, for the sake of argument, Trinity continues to win. At what point does the Big Three become Trinity and the little two?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since 1968 Trinity has been the most dominant program in the state. The past 7 years have been the most dominant portion of that run. Neither X or Male has a 7 year run close to Trinity's. For that matter, neither school has had a three year run as dominant either. In fact, Trinity is the only school to three peat, a feat that has been accomplished twice already. I don't believe Male has ever repeated and X has only done it once, 31 years ago.

5 Titles, a three peat and a repeat, and a runner-up in seven years.

I think X had a shot to go on a run in 2005, but may have peaked too early, escaping from John Hardin and losing to a team they previously beat by 32 in the Finals. Many X fans have openly stated this year's team was a disappointment. If they struggle again next year...

Male's year was this year and they couldn't pull it out. I think Male may be "down" for a while.

This post is absolutely perfect. We have had our ups and downs...but we have certainly been the top dog since we brought home #1, that is something that is indisputable.

I think they are still the big three but no doubt T is #1 right now.

oldonetech, it doesn't have to be that way in 6A. Look at Ohio, I believe all four teams in the big school semi-finals were public schools.

I do believe that since Beatty's arrival, and likely Cov's tenure in the future, we have primed oursevles to be the #1 in all of Kentucky...Trinity has widened the gap, regardless of how close the margin of victory was.

I think they are still the big three but no doubt T is #1 right now.

oldonetech, it doesn't have to be that way in 6A. Look at Ohio, I believe all four teams in the big school semi-finals were public schools.

I agree that T seems to be the dominant one.

I agree it doesn't have to be that way, Ohio is a good example. But I don't think it will ever be different in Kentucky.

I agree it doesn't have to be that way, Ohio is a good example. But I don't think it will ever be different in Kentucky.

Finally a voice of reason from someone.

Just remember everyone, the "problem" is in the mirror, it is not with any kind of school.

Finally a voice of reason from someone.

Just remember everyone, the "problem" is in the mirror, it is not with any kind of school.

Guru I agree with you that it does not have to be that way, but I do believe that KY or rather the KHSAA does not promote an atmosphere that will allow it to be changed. After Looking at the Ohio enrollments for last year it appears that there are public schools that are very close to the enrollment of the privates in the big school class. This is different in KY compared to T and X. Also Ohio's Transfer laws and things have been a little more balanced for a longer period than KY.

This sub-topic really needs to go to another thread but I want to make one final point on enrollment. Take the Boone County school district for example, Boone County and Conner could be bigger than T and X if they would stop building more high schools. I don't fault them for building more high schools (assuming the powers that be in Boone County think this is best thing to do educationally speaking) but you can't have it both ways.

Guru..are you taking into consideration that the publics are educating both males and females when you look at those enrollment numbers?

If you add the number of females at Boone Co and Conner respectively, I would think the number of students would be on par w/ T and X. If I'm correct, that's one huge school to accomate that many kids to get the boy enrollment on equal grounds w/ T & X.

Then again, I might be missing something.

Balfour would not have let Trinity put "Dynasty" on their rings for 2006 without the facts to back it up. At the moment the Rocks are the BIG ONE followed by the NEXT TWO followed by the WANNA BE THREE. Those are my thoughts.... plus I wanted to see my avatar picture again.

Balfour would not have let Trinity put "Dynasty" on their rings for 2006 without the facts to back it up. At the moment the Rocks are the BIG ONE followed by the NEXT TWO followed by the WANNA BE THREE. Those are my thoughts.... plus I wanted to see my avatar picture again.

No offense but Balfour would let you put anything on the rings as long as you were willing to pay for it.

I'm sure I could get one with "Supreme Commander of the Universe" engraved on the side should I care to.

Supreme Commander of the Universe would not fit, I already tried.... ha ha, but you are correct they would put anything you shelled out the bucks for. Dynasty is a part of one side of the ring. They had a display set up at the banquet. I'll see if I can get a pic to post.