Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 77 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/02/2023 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think Mayfield is just as talented as PT, which is saying something. Let’s break it down position by position 

QB- Push

James is talented from PT but Cartwright is as well. Turnovers out of this position will decide the game imo. 
 

RB- Advantage Mayfield

Starks is a load. Mayfield is committed to running the ball. PT doesn’t run it a lot. 
 

WR- Advantage PT

OL- Advantage PT

DL- Advantage Mayfield

Both teams have studs in Mayfield #55 & PT #76, but I think Mayfield has a little more umph in supporting cast. 
 

LB- Mayfield

DB- PT but it’s close imo. Biggers is a lockdown corner and Dabney at safety is a good combo. Is Ragsdale playing for PT? If so it puts PT over the top with Carter. 
 

I’m still going with Mayfield in this one. I’ll say 27-21. 

  • Replies 282
  • Views 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • When a team scores on special teams or defense, the other team gets the ball back (which cuts out chances for the team in question to score offensive touchdowns) 42 points is 42 points. 

  • Astro Domino
    Astro Domino

    I’m honor of the game tonight. A Mayfield-Tilghman program from almost 60 years ago.

  • If I wanted to I could go on and on about our 17 game win streak over PT, but the truth of the matter is 75% of the players on these rosters weren’t even born the last time Paducah won and they couldn

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, RMRed said:

I'm predicting a 31-14 Mayfield win. Both teams are talented, only one is disciplined with good coaching. That always makes the difference when talent is close. Mayfield defense is tough. 

Welcome to BGP @RMRed!

2 hours ago, KingDeuce said:

When a team scores on special teams or defense, the other team gets the ball back (which cuts out chances for the team in question to score offensive touchdowns) 42 points is 42 points. 

I agree but there were several possessions in the game where the after the 1st 2 drives the PT offense was stopped by Graves.  Who is to say Graves doesn't continue to come up with stops? At eh end of the day we can come up with what if scenarios but the PT offense was supposed to score on Graves every time they touched the ball and it simply didn't happen is all I'm saying. 

1 hour ago, WKY_Football said:

I think Mayfield is just as talented as PT, which is saying something. Let’s break it down position by position 

WR- Advantage PT

I’m not so sure on the WR though. It’s very close if not leaning towards mayfield. Biggers and Dabney are both stud receivers. What were they? 4 and 3 on the WPSD ranking. Braden Morris Is another senior WR that’s very underated. And then youngsters Mack and Malik Kirby can take any catch to the house easily. I get you got the new guy. And he is arguably the real #1. But we definitely have 2 and 3. Idk, I say us. 

6 hours ago, Purple88 said:

I really appreciate this rivalry as it's the second oldest in the state.  To me it boils down to something @Toothpick said "Mayfield expects to win".  I think Tilghman wants and hopes to win.  Big difference.

For the sake of the rivalry, Tilghman really needs to win.  I think they can, but can't pick them here until they do.  The mental part of the streak is real and weighs on the whole Tilghman program.

Good luck to both teams and no injuries!

Excellent post 88, in particular the bolded. Regarding Tilghman "needing" to win, I said the same thing last year and nothing's changed. Only a Tilghman victory can restore this rivalry to its former glory. Competitive games are great, but when one side does all the winning, it dulls interest outside the two communities directly involved. 

I think we're trending in the direction of both programs being perennial contenders and trading wins in the rivalry. That would be huge for WKY football.

Mayfield has nothing to prove. It's Tilghman that has work to do, but I like where Thompson is taking them. Interest in the Tornado seems way up compared to a few years ago. 

The game threads 3-4 years ago had anywhere from 15-25 comments before kickoff. This one may reach a hundred before Friday night. 

1 hour ago, WKY_Football said:

QB- Push

James is talented from PT but Cartwright is as well. Turnovers out of this position will decide the game imo.

I’m still going with Mayfield in this one. I’ll say 27-21. 

Interceptions thrown since 2021: James (24)  Cartwright (7)

I'm not saying Tilghman doesn't have a good decision maker at quarterback, but Mayfield definitely does. 

And I'm with you on the winner and the score.

On 8/27/2023 at 5:56 PM, DaTruth said:

I have heard who they maybe coming to see but Mayfield has talent and Prime time may see him old self as Mayfields secondary has been dubbed Legion on Doom and with in that there has been an official (NO FLY ZONE) warning within that secondary just ask Graves and Hopkinsville....can't wait and it could be a battle of who actually has the best secondary vs wide receivers...

Legion of Zoom.

8 hours ago, WarMemorialVet said:

I’m not so sure on the WR though. It’s very close if not leaning towards mayfield. Biggers and Dabney are both stud receivers. What were they? 4 and 3 on the WPSD ranking. Braden Morris Is another senior WR that’s very underated. And then youngsters Mack and Malik Kirby can take any catch to the house easily. I get you got the new guy. And he is arguably the real #1. But we definitely have 2 and 3. Idk, I say us. 

I’d definitely say mayfield has the WR advantage. I didn’t realize until the second quarter of the graves game, how deep the receiving core is. It seemed like they were platooning the receivers every few plays. I may be mistaken, but one drive during the second quarter, I noticed two sophomores and freshman at receiver. The game was well in reach and the coaching staff trusted those young guys.

That says something about the young talent mayfield has at the WR position. I’m a mayfield guy but seeing how hard jack James and 76 xsavier cleary work in the gym while I’m there, makes me root for them individually. They’re really good strong talented athletes. 

Emotional self control.  PT didn’t have that last year, and based on the first two games this year they aren’t improving in that area.  If I remember correctly, last year against mayfield they made a third down stop with a couple/few minutes left, down by three and would have forced punt.  And they get a 15 yd penalty for a player saying something to the ref.  They beat Mayfield up that game and still took an L because they couldn’t keep their cool.  Having said that, the rivalry has been dead until last year.  And they have a lot of guys back, some high level talent added, so I expect a good game.  
 

Mayfield has another solid team.  Some experience at key positions, younger talented guys stepping up.  Line play has to improve significantly.  Graves game was closer than score indicated.  Hoptown was a cakewalk.  This will be Mayfield’s biggest test yet (and maybe all of regular season).  I think mayfield will easily match PT team speed.  I’m not so sure about the trenches.

9 hours ago, WKY_Football said:

I think Mayfield is just as talented as PT, which is saying something. Let’s break it down position by position 

QB- Push

James is talented from PT but Cartwright is as well. Turnovers out of this position will decide the game imo. 
 

Statistically, Cartwright is better than James and it isn't close. James only completed 55% of his passes last year and threw 10 interceptions.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

Statistically, Cartwright is better than James and it isn't close. James only completed 55% of his passes last year and threw 10 interceptions.

I agree Cartwright is better. Kid went from struggling quite a bit when he was young to one of the best qbs Mayfield has had in awhile. And yes before I get slammed about previous qbs, I know who all has played qb at Mayfield the last few years. He doesn’t make many mistakes and distributes the ball better than any of them. Doesn’t have the arm to go vertical but man he gets it done underneath.

Mayfield has one weak link in their defense. I’m not going to throw a 16/17 year old under the bus, but it was obvious in the Graves game. Paducah is obviously more athletic than us. If they find it… 

17 hours ago, WKY_Football said:

I think Mayfield is just as talented as PT, which is saying something. Let’s break it down position by position 

QB- Push

James is talented from PT but Cartwright is as well. Turnovers out of this position will decide the game imo. 
 

RB- Advantage Mayfield

Starks is a load. Mayfield is committed to running the ball. PT doesn’t run it a lot. 
 

WR- Advantage PT

OL- Advantage PT

DL- Advantage Mayfield

Both teams have studs in Mayfield #55 & PT #76, but I think Mayfield has a little more umph in supporting cast. 
 

LB- Mayfield

DB- PT but it’s close imo. Biggers is a lockdown corner and Dabney at safety is a good combo. Is Ragsdale playing for PT? If so it puts PT over the top with Carter. 
 

I’m still going with Mayfield in this one. I’ll say 27-21. 

I would give Mayfield the edge at QB, RB and LB. 

I would give edge to PT on OL, DL and a considerable advantage in the secondary. 

 

 

16 hours ago, WarMemorialVet said:

I’m not so sure on the WR though. It’s very close if not leaning towards mayfield. Biggers and Dabney are both stud receivers. What were they? 4 and 3 on the WPSD ranking. Braden Morris Is another senior WR that’s very underated. And then youngsters Mack and Malik Kirby can take any catch to the house easily. I get you got the new guy. And he is arguably the real #1. But we definitely have 2 and 3. Idk, I say us. 

I would go PT here. I don't put a lot of stock in WPSD rankings personally. I think PT is better and deeper with this group. Both are very good. 

1 hour ago, Socially Distanced said:

I would give Mayfield the edge at QB, RB and LB. 

I would give edge to PT on OL, DL and a considerable advantage in the secondary. 

 

 

I would say Mayfield does have two solid guys in the secondary in Dabney and Biggers as both have been starters since freshman year and Biggers has been a true lock down corner that hasn't been thrown at much his whole career in Murray and when he has been he has the potential to pick 6 you....I know the game are won in the trenches but the way PT likes to throw  this one could come down to who has the better secondary as well as receivers bc most play both sides...

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned. Paducah didn’t have many guys going both ways. Mayfield does. This could be huge in the second half.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.