Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 77 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/02/2023 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

15 minutes ago, TilghmanPride said:

Hunter Cantwell, although for a very,very short time, was signed to the Carolina Panthers active roster after spending all his time on the practice squad prior. 

I was just about to say that list is missing Hunter Cantwell and Kendal Calhoun who played for the Texans and also the Falcons for a short period of time!

  • Replies 282
  • Views 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • When a team scores on special teams or defense, the other team gets the ball back (which cuts out chances for the team in question to score offensive touchdowns) 42 points is 42 points. 

  • Astro Domino
    Astro Domino

    I’m honor of the game tonight. A Mayfield-Tilghman program from almost 60 years ago.

  • If I wanted to I could go on and on about our 17 game win streak over PT, but the truth of the matter is 75% of the players on these rosters weren’t even born the last time Paducah won and they couldn

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Category_F5 said:

 

89B65BF3-9599-4CBD-8E1C-398B9410288C.png

He's a Junior, right? He hasn't received no offer. They might be talking to him. Just like they talk to lots and lots of kids. And just because he tweeted it out, doesn't make it so.

1 hour ago, DaTruth said:

I have heard who they maybe coming to see but Mayfield has talent and Prime time may see him old self as Mayfields secondary has been dubbed Legion on Doom and with in that there has been an official (NO FLY ZONE) warning within that secondary just ask Graves and Hopkinsville....can't wait and it could be a battle of who actually has the best secondary vs wide receivers...

Not very good teams to choose to declare yourself the “No Fly Zone” after. Graves is a running team & Hopkinsville can’t throw it in the ocean. 
 

If you shut down PT passing game then you can call yourself whatever you like. 
 

Gimme Mayfield 31-24. 

1 minute ago, WKY_Football said:

Not very good teams to choose to declare yourself the “No Fly Zone” after. Graves is a running team & Hopkinsville can’t throw it in the ocean. 
 

If you shut down PT passing game then you can call yourself whatever you like. 
 

Gimme Mayfield 31-24. 

I agree.

What about that 2003 Tilghman roster? Joe Casey, Hunter Cantwell, Curtis Hamilton, Chris Fountain, Anthony Barton, Tim Laster, Lamar Alston, Brian Hall etc. How they didn’t win a state championship that year I will never be able to wrap my head around.

I'm gonna let you PT guys in on a little secret, if you're a junior or you're a marginal recruit the D1 schools aren't going to offer you this early in the season. Now the Carter kid is an exception, he has the size and speed to play SEC football. Too many things can happen.

  • Author

Snake is on the right track in saying that some of those D1 players that played for PT, did not experience a win against Mayfield. While some programs field great players on their team, great programs field great teams. We have great respect for the Big Blue, but it's not what it used to be. They are going to have to start winning some games for that to change. Will it be this year? It's possible, but PT will have to play their absolute best and hope that Mayfield does not. I'm taking the Cards in this one by 2 touchdowns. Go Big Red!

  • Author

Oh, and Mayfield had a great running back that played for Green Bay way back in the day. His name escapes me, but I will find out.

2 hours ago, TilghmanPride said:

Obviously the qb is one of them. He has multiple offers, and you can laugh all you want, I've been through the recruiting process, they don't just randomly hand them out at that level very often. Shemari Thomas at WR, Carter Jr DB/WR, Jarvis Strickland OL, Tomago Daniels OL, Xsavier Cleary DL. 

Yes, all genuine offers. Like I said, I'll have to sit down and make a list, I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but there's several. 

Looks to me like you 7 to 10 players with D1 offers , that's as much as Trinity in their heyday. You ought to be shoo in for a State Title. But you were 6-7 last year, so it looks like its poor coaching, I guess.

8 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Looks to me like you 7 to 10 players with D1 offers , that's as much as Trinity in their heyday. You ought to be shoo in for a State Title. But you were 6-7 last year, so it looks like its poor coaching, I guess.

The guys I listed have offers just like I said they did and I named them. You are talking about Shemari not being offered, however the WR coach at EKU reposted a post about it, so take it up with him about it. 

 

9 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Looks to me like you 7 to 10 players with D1 offers , that's as much as Trinity in their heyday. You ought to be shoo in for a State Title. But you were 6-7 last year, so it looks like its poor coaching, I guess.

You are correct. Two years in and a state title appearance and a semi-finals loss by 6 to the state champions last season. Horrible coaching job so far. 

If I wanted to I could go on and on about our 17 game win streak over PT, but the truth of the matter is 75% of the players on these rosters weren’t even born the last time Paducah won and they couldn’t care less about the past 17 years. Both teams want to win this game this year, period. I have the utmost respect for this rivalry regardless of the recent lopsided streak of outcomes. And I should actually backtrack and say the PT players probably actually do care about the past 17 years because they’re tired of hearing about how they can’t beat Mayfield. They are dying to beat Mayfield this year and will do anything they can to make it happen. Although I am confident in the Cardinals and think they will pull out the win by making less mistakes than PT, I am also secretly kinda shaking in my boots because regardless of opinions, PT has a stacked roster this year. With that being said, Mayfield also has an amazing roster this season. I just hope emotions are held under control Friday by players AND fans and it is a good clean game and may the best team win!

Mayfield fans have been hearing MC jr for the past 2 weeks. My rebuttal to that is Milton Wright, his junior year in the playoffs. D1 player that was a tough cover for mayfield the year prior. Mayfield fans know how he was covered that playoff game. CAL coaching staff is way better than PT and they couldn’t figure that defense out that whole game or how to get Milton involved.

Rule 2 reads in part:

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school. Additionally this includes a pattern of posts that inflames or incites other posters (i.e. trolling or gaslighting). 

Rule 12 reads in part:

12. No complaints, or comments whatsoever, about the web site (BGP), its members, or its management on the forums or in public. This includes, but is not limited to:

Any mention of prohibited subject matter. (e.g. – “I’d discuss further but it’s a violation,” “unfortunately we can’t talk about that because it is against the BGP rules/Terms of Service," "let's not do anything to get this thread shut down," "please follow the rules/Terms of Service so we can discuss this.")

I think the posts above show how important this game is for both fan bases. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.