Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 77 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/02/2023 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I said it last year and I will say it again I’m not picking PT until they prove they can do it.

  • Replies 282
  • Views 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • When a team scores on special teams or defense, the other team gets the ball back (which cuts out chances for the team in question to score offensive touchdowns) 42 points is 42 points. 

  • Astro Domino
    Astro Domino

    I’m honor of the game tonight. A Mayfield-Tilghman program from almost 60 years ago.

  • If I wanted to I could go on and on about our 17 game win streak over PT, but the truth of the matter is 75% of the players on these rosters weren’t even born the last time Paducah won and they couldn

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Squirrel said:

If I wanted to I could go on and on about our 17 game win streak over PT, but the truth of the matter is 75% of the players on these rosters weren’t even born the last time Paducah won and they couldn’t care less about the past 17 years. Both teams want to win this game this year, period. I have the utmost respect for this rivalry regardless of the recent lopsided streak of outcomes. And I should actually backtrack and say the PT players probably actually do care about the past 17 years because they’re tired of hearing about how they can’t beat Mayfield. They are dying to beat Mayfield this year and will do anything they can to make it happen. Although I am confident in the Cardinals and think they will pull out the win by making less mistakes than PT, I am also secretly kinda shaking in my boots because regardless of opinions, PT has a stacked roster this year. With that being said, Mayfield also has an amazing roster this season. I just hope emotions are held under control Friday by players AND fans and it is a good clean game and may the best team win!

Best post of this thread so far!! 

It is awesome to see so many post and it is only Monday! We have some great football fans in wky and it is really cool to see this level of respect and energy! 

I like PT, the streak has to end at some point lol. 

14 hours ago, Category_F5 said:

Don’t do that you know y’all mayfield fans, the whole town and players take this seriously, I know y’all get the hype about being the top 3 in the nation in wins but come on now this game is majority of the time the toughest game on your regular season schedule.

True and very sad. Nobody will play us anymore. We have lost so many competitors. Especially in this region. I mean we only have 9 games this year because we couldn’t find teams that would schedule us. 

11 minutes ago, WarMemorialVet said:

True and very sad. Nobody will play us anymore. We have lost so many competitors. Especially in this region. I mean we only have 9 games this year because we couldn’t find teams that would schedule us. 

Believe that if you wanna lol 

Going with Mayfield by a touchdown.

7 hours ago, WarMemorialVet said:

True and very sad. Nobody will play us anymore. We have lost so many competitors. Especially in this region. I mean we only have 9 games this year because we couldn’t find teams that would schedule us. 

Who in this region is not playing you? Marshall, Calloway, Madisonville? Those are running clocks in the first half. Mayfield is gonna have to schedule BG teams, Owensboro, or other parts of the state if they truly want competition. I’m sure they are fine with scheduling in the first and second region and keeping their winning percentages high though.

4 hours ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

Who in this region is not playing you? Marshall, Calloway, Madisonville? Those are running clocks in the first half. Mayfield is gonna have to schedule BG teams, Owensboro, or other parts of the state if they truly want competition. I’m sure they are fine with scheduling in the first and second region and keeping their winning percentages high though.

Hard to believe, but some teams in the Jackson Purchase won’t even schedule us anymore. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and travel to dang near Louisville to play Bullit East. Scheduling I’m sure is hard on coaches but I’d like to see Mayfield play some of the teams in the bigger classes out of curiosity.

On 8/28/2023 at 7:07 AM, WarMemorialVet said:

I wouldn’t go that far. After 17 years it’s definitely lost its prominence. ? More excited for the catfish sandwich from the concessions! 

Those catfish sandwiches are fire.

The End

If there's a dead horse worth beating on BGP, it's Tilghman making mental mistakes to cost them games. If it's been a problem for years and plagued them through the first two weeks of this season, it's highly unlikely they're going to clean it up in time for the game of the year in WKY. Something like that is too systemic to cure in one week.

I went against my better judgement and picked the Tornado last year. I was seduced by the talent and gust of optimism stemming from the state runner-up finish. For me to side with them again would require blind faith in their ability to harness the discipline that's been beyond their reach for so long. 

Faith in Mayfield is easy to come by, because they're the antithesis of the Tornado. Discipline was a virtue poured into the foundation of Cardinal football. 

Tilghman has the edge from the neck down, Mayfield from the neck up. The question is, how much better is Mayfield's body compared to Tilghman's head? Plenty good enough, in my opinion, for me to rest my faith in the Cards this year.

All that being said, Martels Carter Jr. is the type of player that can nullify any deficiencies Tilghman might have on just a few touches, be it receptions, tipped balls on defense, or kick returns. 

I look for another classic, with Mayfield doing all of the little things right and executing a well tailored game plan - like kicking away from Carter - to extend the streak.

I really appreciate this rivalry as it's the second oldest in the state.  To me it boils down to something @Toothpick said "Mayfield expects to win".  I think Tilghman wants and hopes to win.  Big difference.

For the sake of the rivalry, Tilghman really needs to win.  I think they can, but can't pick them here until they do.  The mental part of the streak is real and weighs on the whole Tilghman program.

Good luck to both teams and no injuries!

9 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

If there's a dead horse worth beating on BGP, it's Tilghman making mental mistakes to cost them games. If it's been a problem for years and plagued them through the first two weeks of this season, it's highly unlikely they're going to clean it up in time for the game of the year in WKY. Something like that is too systemic to cure in one week.

I went against my better judgement and picked the Tornado last year. I was seduced by the talent and gust of optimism stemming from the state runner-up finish. For me to side with them again would require blind faith in their ability to harness the discipline that's been beyond their reach for so long. 

Faith in Mayfield is easy to come by, because they're the antithesis of the Tornado. Discipline was a virtue poured into the foundation of Cardinal football. 

Tilghman has the edge from the neck down, Mayfield from the neck up. The question is, how much better is Mayfield's body compared to Tilghman's head? Plenty good enough, in my opinion, for me to rest my faith in the Cards this year.

All that being said, Martels Carter Jr. is the type of player that can nullify any deficiencies Tilghman might have on just a few touches, be it receptions, tipped balls on defense, or kick returns. 

I look for another classic, with Mayfield doing all of the little things right and executing a well tailored game plan - like kicking away from Carter - to extend the streak.

100% agree on all points. But I am still being seduced by the talent but less by optimism than last year. 

On 8/28/2023 at 1:06 PM, zoneblitz24 said:

I gotta take Mayfield in this one.  They have the speed to match up with PT and if they can improve the Oline they have a good chance to make it 18 in a row.  Coaching in these games goes a long way and I believe Mayfield has that advantage by a long shot.  PT is a very undisciplined football team with the amount of penalties and personal fouls they receive in every game.  Mayfield simply won't make the mistakes like that.  The PT offense only scored 3 times against Graves and one of those was at the very end of the game when Graves defense was pretty much giving up.  21 points came off special teams and defense and I don't see Mayfield spotting them that many.  my score prediction is 21-14 Mayfield.

When a team scores on special teams or defense, the other team gets the ball back (which cuts out chances for the team in question to score offensive touchdowns) 42 points is 42 points. 

I'm predicting a 31-14 Mayfield win. Both teams are talented, only one is disciplined with good coaching. That always makes the difference when talent is close. Mayfield defense is tough. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.