Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 77 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/02/2023 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think according to WPSD-TV voted by area coaches Mayfield have 3 of the top 4 players  and 4 in the top 10...PT has all the offers and has put more players in college and pros than Mayfield BUT with all that said they can't afford to lose to Mayfield Friday night with all these transfers and offers to make it 18 in a row...lot of pressure on PT to win this year..This should be a good fun week to hype this game up while being respectful...I can't wait...

 

1 hour ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

 

 

  • Replies 282
  • Views 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • When a team scores on special teams or defense, the other team gets the ball back (which cuts out chances for the team in question to score offensive touchdowns) 42 points is 42 points. 

  • Astro Domino
    Astro Domino

    I’m honor of the game tonight. A Mayfield-Tilghman program from almost 60 years ago.

  • If I wanted to I could go on and on about our 17 game win streak over PT, but the truth of the matter is 75% of the players on these rosters weren’t even born the last time Paducah won and they couldn

Posted Images

2 hours ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

I'm gonna let you PT guys in on a little secret, if you're a junior or you're a marginal recruit the D1 schools aren't going to offer you this early in the season. Now the Carter kid is an exception, he has the size and speed to play SEC football. Too many things can happen.

I guess you know all the little secrets, the blue grass Mel Kiper jr.

I am hours away from this game, but it's always one of my favorite games to follow because of all the talk between the two teams and fan bases.  This is truly one of the great rivals in KY.  I am going with PT to end the streak this year.  

I think Mayfield pulls it off on a slim margin. Gonna be a really good game.

9 hours ago, gcbleedblue said:

I think the posts above show how important this game is for both fan bases. 

I wouldn’t go that far. After 17 years it’s definitely lost its prominence. ? More excited for the catfish sandwich from the concessions! 

As to the Gridiron Glory Top 10 (voted on by area coaches):

PT had #10 - Daniels (OL), #6 - Ragsdale (DB), #5 - James (QB)

Mayfield had #8 - Cartwright (QB), #4 - Biggers (WR/DB), #3 - Dabney (WR/DB), #1 - Starks (RB)

Pretty crazy that PT and Mayfield had 7 of the Top 10 players.  And of course M Carter Jr. wasn't considered for this since he is a transfer in.

40 minutes ago, WarMemorialVet said:

I wouldn’t go that far. After 17 years it’s definitely lost its prominence. ? More excited for the catfish sandwich from the concessions! 

Don’t do that you know y’all mayfield fans, the whole town and players take this seriously, I know y’all get the hype about being the top 3 in the nation in wins but come on now this game is majority of the time the toughest game on your regular season schedule.

Is this game going to be streamed anywhere? I don't think PT normally does streams, but the magnitude of the game makes me feel as if they might.

12 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

Is this game going to be streamed anywhere? I don't think PT normally does streams, but the magnitude of the game makes me feel as if they might.

https://youtube.com/@ptathletics9543?si=0X1xTOTpT9Q5t-B3 This is a link to Tilghman’s YouTube page,they live stream all there home games! 

2 hours ago, R1 sports fan said:

Is this game going to be streamed anywhere? I don't think PT normally does streams, but the magnitude of the game makes me feel as if they might.

Red Helmet Video streams all Mayfield games on Face Book and on You Tube.

Edited by theguru

I want #18 in a row and always expected to win every game regardless of opponent.  This PT team is scary and, in my opinion, flying under the entire states radar.  It will take a great Mayfield effort to keep the streak alive, but I would never expect anything other than a Cards win. 

I gotta take Mayfield in this one.  They have the speed to match up with PT and if they can improve the Oline they have a good chance to make it 18 in a row.  Coaching in these games goes a long way and I believe Mayfield has that advantage by a long shot.  PT is a very undisciplined football team with the amount of penalties and personal fouls they receive in every game.  Mayfield simply won't make the mistakes like that.  The PT offense only scored 3 times against Graves and one of those was at the very end of the game when Graves defense was pretty much giving up.  21 points came off special teams and defense and I don't see Mayfield spotting them that many.  my score prediction is 21-14 Mayfield.

The streak continues this friday night.  Paducah makes way to many mistakes and Mayfield will capitilize on those mistakes. I'll take Mayfield 24-14.

On 8/27/2023 at 3:02 PM, snakesnot_2000 said:

You're half right. Mayfield is more disciplined but I would say PT is not more talented. They have a bigger offensive line.  

@gcbleedblue is correct. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.