Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 77 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/02/2023 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

PT has the talent to win this game but the first 2 games they have proven to be an undisciplined football team. They might be Boy Scouts this game but I doubt it. Mayfield has as much speed as PT so that's not a question but what is a question is the line play, PT has the potential to be very dominate on the line and that's where games are won.  Mayfield's coaches will have a plan for this game and it usually works so I'm going with a 35-21 matchup.......Mayfield.

  • Replies 282
  • Views 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • When a team scores on special teams or defense, the other team gets the ball back (which cuts out chances for the team in question to score offensive touchdowns) 42 points is 42 points. 

  • Astro Domino
    Astro Domino

    I’m honor of the game tonight. A Mayfield-Tilghman program from almost 60 years ago.

  • If I wanted to I could go on and on about our 17 game win streak over PT, but the truth of the matter is 75% of the players on these rosters weren’t even born the last time Paducah won and they couldn

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

PT has the talent to win this game but the first 2 games they have proven to be an undisciplined football team. They might be Boy Scouts this game but I doubt it. Mayfield has as much speed as PT so that's not a question but what is a question is the line play, PT has the potential to be very dominate on the line and that's where games are won.  Mayfield's coaches will have a plan for this game and it usually works so I'm going with a 35-21 matchup.......Mayfield.

 

2 minutes ago, Golf2074 said:

 

No way Mayfield wins by 2 touchdowns.The game should come down to a nail biter no matter who your for.

2 minutes ago, Golf2074 said:

No way Mayfield wins by 2 touchdowns.The game should come down to a nail biter no matter who your for.

You could be right but it's my prediction.

1 hour ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

You could be right but it's my prediction.

I believe your right. I think mayfield comes out and punches them in the mouth early and paducah will not be able to recover because the doubt of 17 years of mayfields dominanace gets in their head and then the discpline bug will bite them the rest of the night.  I posted 24-14 earlier but it could be worse.

9 hours ago, Socially Distanced said:

I would go PT here. I don't put a lot of stock in WPSD rankings personally. I think PT is better and deeper with this group. Both are very good. 

Who are the other receivers outside the new guy. Does the ragsdale kid play WR also? It’s HS I mean I assume he plays both ways. 

7 hours ago, gcbleedblue said:

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned. Paducah didn’t have many guys going both ways. Mayfield does. This could be huge in the second half.

Always the case never been a problem. Last year I was worried about that when Boley, probably the highest ranked qb to ever come to war memorial had us running all over the field. He was slanging that pig skin. Two way players held up all night. We will be fine. 

2 hours ago, Astro Domino said:

I agree. Graves ran it down Mayfields throat. Their line whipped up on Mayfield on both sides of the ball. I think if Paducah wins this game that is where it is won. I just think Mayfields #5 receiver would be Paducahs #3 receiver, but I could be wrong. That’s why they play the game on Friday. Nothing I say really means anything when it comes to kickoff tomorrow. I do think that Mayfield should line Starks up at D End as much as they can. I think in a game against a passing team such as PT or LCA he makes just as much of a difference rushing the QB as he does running the ball on offense.

I totally agree...

37 minutes ago, WarMemorialVet said:

Always the case never been a problem. Last year I was worried about that when Boley, probably the highest ranked qb to ever come to war memorial had us running all over the field. He was slanging that pig skin. Two way players held up all night. We will be fine. 

Highest ranked QB to play on Mayfield's field? Got me wondering.

Billy Jack Haskins

Pookie Jones

Elijah Sindelar.... probably Boleys equal or about.

others?

When Mayfield played Graves, I know several of Mayfield’s opponents were in the stands and sideline.

 I am not saying this was the case,  would you show your best game if it was not required?

This could go either way and I’ve thought this the past couple years. I know Mayfield has owned it more recently. Either way, this could potentially be the chance for a solid statement win for each team depending how it goes. I think it will be close for whoever wins, good luck to both teams.

49 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Highest ranked QB to play on Mayfield's field? Got me wondering.

Billy Jack Haskins

Pookie Jones

Elijah Sindelar.... probably Boleys equal or about.

others?

I would put Curtis Pulley up there. Hunter Cantwell and Travis Atwell were a couple other really good ones too

3 hours ago, WarMemorialVet said:

Who are the other receivers outside the new guy. Does the ragsdale kid play WR also? It’s HS I mean I assume he plays both ways. 

No he just plays defense but his brother Thomas play WR and has a offer from EKU 

7xn72v.thumb.jpg.c9a749a75b194a74d33c67bd9abc2103.jpg

 

Tale of the tape

Series wins

Mayfield - 53

Paducah Tilghman - 46

Ties - 10

 

All-time wins (state rank)

Mayfield - 935 (#2)

Paducah Tilghman - 814 (#4)

 

State Championships

Mayfield - 12 ('77, '78, '85, '86, '93, '95, '02, '10, '12, '13, '14, & '15)

Paducah Tilghman - 3 ('73, '85, & '09)

 

State Runner-ups

Mayfield - 13 ('76, '87, '89, '91, '92, '98, '05, '09 '11, '17, '18, '19, & '22)

Paducah Tilghman - 6 ('80, '87, '88, '89, '92, '21)

 

Impact Player: Take your pick. For the sake of brevity, we'll hit the high spots. Through two weeks, Zane Cartwright has more touchdown passes (6) than incompletions (4) for the Cards. Future Power 5 defender Martels Carter Jr. is also PT's top receiver and excels in the return game, taking two punts to the house last week.

 

Relevant - and surprising - stat: In three career starts versus Tilghman, Cartwright has zero touchdown passes against three interceptions. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.