Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2023 at 12:00 AM

14 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

All-time home records in the series

Highlands: 30-13 

Covington Catholic: 15-17

CovCath has almost as many wins at David Cecil as they do at home. 

Highlands has run off a lot of home wins during periods when CovCath was either "down"* or not yet the program we know them as today**.

It seems when both are good, it's a virtual toss-up no matter where it's played. From the late 80s, when Lynn Ray really got things cooking in Park Hills, to John Rodenberg's championship in '06, CovCath was 9-7 in Fort Thomas. Highlands was 9-5 at CovCath during that same time frame. 

* The Bluebirds won 10 in a row from 2007-2016.

** Highlands won 13 straight at home from 1968-1986.

Thanks DMC. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Woody Hayes said:

Fan of Karen, you have always been a Dear Friend of Mine! Stellar choice choosing Marbl for your Pre-Game dining. It is a bit pricey but in this case,  at least you won't have to worry about any unruly Colonels disrupting your fine dining experience. Might I suggest the 3-Layer Cheese Cake for desert? You should get it to go as you will want to enjoy that for your late night treat!

Hi Woody! 😍 You have always been a dear friend of mine too but you know I am partial to the Cheesecake Factory for my cheese cake and I picked up a dozen donuts at Peace Love and Little Donuts from Shannon Shananagins.

This always reminds me of you Woody!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fan of Karen said:

Hi Woody! 😍 You have always been a dear friend of mine too but you know I am partial to the Cheesecake Factory for my cheese cake and I picked up a dozen donuts at Peace Love and Little Donuts from Shannon Shananagins.

This always reminds me of you Woody!

Cheesecake Factory! Yum! @Fan of Karen you know I love this place but the chances of running into Colonels greatly increases. They are normally working the Valet so if you do stop by there today, remember to lock the glove box and probably not a good idea to leave any valuables in your car. And be the bigger person I know you are and tip well! See you tonight.

1 hour ago, Woody Hayes said:

Fan of Karen, you have always been a Dear Friend of Mine! Stellar choice choosing Marbl for your Pre-Game dining. It is a bit pricey but in this case,  at least you won't have to worry about any unruly Colonels disrupting your fine dining experience. Might I suggest the 3-Layer Cheese Cake for desert? You should get it to go as you will want to enjoy that for your late night treat!

giphy.webp

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 1963 BIRDS said:

Last week the player for LC had a 65 yard TD run right up the gut. Three Birds were chasing him but not gaining on him. Reminded me of Secretariat at the Belmont.

With a very obvious block in the back on the safety that wasnt called that's very possible. 

10 minutes ago, 1963 BIRDS said:

Last week the player for LC had a 65 yard TD run right up the gut. Three Birds were chasing him but not gaining on him. Reminded me of Secretariat at the Belmont.

Lex Cath always manages to have at least one or two guys like that. Every time Cov Cath has played them I've been wowed by their receiving corps and kick returners.

12 minutes ago, Woody Hayes said:

Cheesecake Factory! Yum! @Fan of Karen you know I love this place but the chances of running into Colonels greatly increases. They are normally working the Valet so if you do stop by there today, remember to lock the glove box and probably not a good idea to leave any valuables in your car. And be the bigger person I know you are and tip well! See you tonight.

Colonels don't bother me and I almost feel sorry for them tonight because they are leaving the Fort with a L.