ACC Schools looking to break GOR contracts.

Jumper_Dad

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10076149-report-fsu-6-other-acc-schools-exploring-how-unbreakable-grant-of-rights-deal-is.amp.html

The ACC could soon have a crisis on its hands.

The Action Network's Brett McMurphy reported Monday that Clemson, Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Virginia and Virginia Tech have had conversations with lawyers to explore "just how unbreakable" the ACC's grant-of-rights deal is.

SEC and B1G may be picking the ACC's bones sooner than expected. 

My initial thought would be...

SEC end up adding Clemson, FSU, UNC, VA Tech.

B1G would add ND, Duke, Virginia, Louisville. 

Leaving NC State, Georgia Tech, Wake Forrest and others scrambling to find a new home.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Leaving NC State, Georgia Tech, Wake Forrest and others scrambling to find a new home.

The ACC is in a very similar position that the Big East was in when the Big East was destroyed. There's maybe 4-6 schools that have a realistic chance at being added by the B1G or SEC.

Louisville, GT, Wake, Va Tech, and Pitt aren't apart of that group. Probably a good argument that NC State and Duke aren't either. 

If B1G expands, Notre Dame is at the top of their list followed by Oregon and Washington. 

Best case scenario for the ACC leftovers would be the Big 12 expanding East instead of West. 

14 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

They aren’t getting out of the GOR, but I guess it’s fun to speculate. 

Only need 8 votes to dissolve the league...they currently have 7.

My guess is they ask for unequal revenue sharing based on value of each program and then go from there. Florida State's AD is not happy that both them and Miami will receive a lower payout per year than UCF, once UCF gets the full payout from the Big 12 in 2025.

20 minutes ago, Walter said:

Only need 8 votes to dissolve the league...they currently have 7.

My guess is they ask for unequal revenue sharing based on value of each program and then go from there. Florida State's AD is not happy that both them and Miami will receive a lower payout per year than UCF, once UCF gets the full payout from the Big 12 in 2025.

As TB said, I’ll believe it when I see it. 

21 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10076149-report-fsu-6-other-acc-schools-exploring-how-unbreakable-grant-of-rights-deal-is.amp.html

The ACC could soon have a crisis on its hands.

The Action Network's Brett McMurphy reported Monday that Clemson, Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Virginia and Virginia Tech have had conversations with lawyers to explore "just how unbreakable" the ACC's grant-of-rights deal is.

SEC and B1G may be picking the ACC's bones sooner than expected. 

There is no chance that the Big 10 is adding Louisville.  UNC, UVA, and GA Tech would be headed to the Big 10 because they fit the research institution criteria of that conference.  If the ACC implodes, Notre Dame will be forced to join the Big 10 as well because its scheduling opportunities for quality opponents will shrink.

Louisville will be left out.  Best bet for them is to get to the Big 12.

In terms of basketball, this could be a boon for the Big East.  They could get Syracuse, Pitt, and Boston College back in this setup.  Of course, those programs would need to go independent in football or find some other arrangement.