5 in state teams you want to see

Putnam is just unique. I haven’t been there in years. Just it’s horseshoe, and built by the PWA. It’s cool to see something like that built in the 1930s. Lord only knows how much it would cost to build one today. It cost 6.5 million then. Now it would be 60 plus. 

Is there any other ones like that? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hardin County Preps said:

Covington Catholic, at Mayfield, at Belfry, at Frederick Douglass, at Highlands

Fredrick Douglas Stadium is nice, but very generic modern stadium. I’ve never been to a stadium with the security/FCPS being so overbearing. Let’s frisk the visiting teams grandma, those are the ones causing the problems. Nope it’s your students. Get a grip.

• Like 1

Great Topic!

Going with 2 entires:

Places I've already been that are worth your drive:

Manual (The Old Stadium is special);

Owensboro - Rash Stadium;

Highlands - very unique layout, lot of history.

John Hardin (I like the way it's seating on one side (old school);

CovCath - well laidout out and plenty of room and nice facilities.

Places I want to attend a game:

Mayfield

Belfry

Ashland

Bardstown

Raceland

• Like 1

This is a spin off topic. It’s this just a NKY thing. I went to the a game at Cooper and Campbell. I found it odd both didn’t have a “Visitor” side. That’s cool, I get it. Don’t have enough money, poor planning whatever else. But this was the thing that struck me as odd. The home teams side line was on the far side away from the stands. Is this to prevent daddy ball? Keep fans away? I’ve been to a fair amount of places never ran across this. 
I’ll hang up and listen!

It is worth going to Russellville's Rhea Stadium in Autumn. Rhea was a WPA project along with several others around the state and is simply stunning with the trees changing colors and the neighborhood behind the stadium

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Down4theblue said:

This is a spin off topic. It’s this just a NKY thing. I went to the a game at Cooper and Campbell. I found it odd both didn’t have a “Visitor” side. That’s cool, I get it. Don’t have enough money, poor planning whatever else. But this was the thing that struck me as odd. The home teams side line was on the far side away from the stands. Is this to prevent daddy ball? Keep fans away? I’ve been to a fair amount of places never ran across this. 
I’ll hang up and listen!

Beechwood and many smaller schools have this same set-up. What I find odd is Dixie Heights. Large school. Spacious layout and nice entry plaza. There is a visitors side but very few people sit there. The majority of the fans sit on each end of the large grandstand on the press box side. Opposing fans are constantly walking through the student section and the Dixie fanbase to get to the other end. Yes, on occasion, there is a lot of chirping and trash talk. 

8 hours ago, Down4theblue said:

I’ll hang up and listen!

I have seen this at a few schools.  I know Russell County still does this, and I have seen Casey County do it in the past, but not recently.  In both stadiums, the fans are really close to the sidelines, and I believe the coaches don't like the distraction for their players.