Oil prices squeeze Chevron

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bw/20070111/bs_bw/pi20070110440787

If we could all pass the hat,, we need to help out this business in their time of need.;)

I heard on the radio today that gas price is supposed to be an all time high in Febuary.:scared:

Frances,, please help me understand.

Gladly, Lionfan.

To some, it's called "Supply and Demand"

To some, it's called "Free Market Economy"

To some, it's called "Opportunity"

To most, it's called "Greed"

To those of us that own the stock, it's "A Shame"

Frances

Did they say gasoline or gas prices will be at an all time high in February? I can't understand why gasoline would be. Or even gas, given the moderate winter we're having.

Like 75, I don't see a correlation between sagging crude prices, a warm winter, and higher prices at the pump.

Frances

Like 75, I don't see a correlation between sagging crude prices, a warm winter, and higher prices at the pump.

Frances

I see a correlation between no competition and a willingness to pay the price they put up.

I see a correlation between no competition and a willingness to pay the price they put up.

I see a correlation that smacks of collusion, but since our elected officials appear to be blind to it, I am making every effort to recoup some of the money that I have to pay for the prestige of using their product ....

Frances

I see a correlation that smacks of collusion, but since our elected officials appear to be blind to it, I am making every effort to recoup some of the money that I have to pay for the prestige of using their product ....

Frances

:thumb:

Did they say gasoline or gas prices will be at an all time high in February? I can't understand why gasoline would be. Or even gas, given the moderate winter we're having.

OPEC freaks out at the sagging prices cuts their production to drive the supply/demand curve back to their favor hence higher prices at the pump.

Saw an article somewhere today that said China just replaced Japan as the 2nd biggest consumer of automobiles. They get to driving all over the place and that demand will go up even higher. OPEC gets supply levels low and the oil that goes to American for the gas produced for us will go up.

I heard somewhere that China will soon be consuming something like 1/6 of the world's resources each year.

I heard somewhere that China will soon be consuming something like 1/6 of the world's resources each year.

Goodness. That's like sitting down for Thanksgiving Dinner with my uncles.

That would be a topic of a great discussion thread. How dangerous is that? Wasn't part of the reason why Japan attacked us in WWII was the fear of not enough resources? How will that drive up the prices here? Is China becoming such a dominant world financial power a bigger threat than Iran/Korea with nuclear weapons?

That must mean they're up to 1 car for every 25,000 people! ;)

In the early 70's, the hippies would have told you they could all fit in a Volkswagon beetle.:p

But your joke illustrates my point. Imagine the demand for oil in that country if they get 1 car for every 2-3-10-100 people. Imagine the pollution as I am going to guess that they don't have stringent environment regulations.