Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oil prices squeeze Chevron

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bw/20070111/bs_bw/pi20070110440787

 

If we could all pass the hat,, we need to help out this business in their time of need.;)

 

I heard on the radio today that gas price is supposed to be an all time high in Febuary.:scared:

 

Frances,, please help me understand.

 

Gladly, Lionfan.

 

To some, it's called "Supply and Demand"

 

To some, it's called "Free Market Economy"

 

To some, it's called "Opportunity"

 

To most, it's called "Greed"

 

To those of us that own the stock, it's "A Shame"

 

 

Frances

Did they say gasoline or gas prices will be at an all time high in February? I can't understand why gasoline would be. Or even gas, given the moderate winter we're having.

Did they say gasoline or gas prices will be at an all time high in February? I can't understand why gasoline would be. Or even gas, given the moderate winter we're having.

 

Like 75, I don't see a correlation between sagging crude prices, a warm winter, and higher prices at the pump.

 

 

Frances

Like 75, I don't see a correlation between sagging crude prices, a warm winter, and higher prices at the pump.

 

 

Frances

 

I see a correlation between no competition and a willingness to pay the price they put up.

I see a correlation between no competition and a willingness to pay the price they put up.

 

I see a correlation that smacks of collusion, but since our elected officials appear to be blind to it, I am making every effort to recoup some of the money that I have to pay for the prestige of using their product ....

 

 

Frances

I see a correlation that smacks of collusion, but since our elected officials appear to be blind to it, I am making every effort to recoup some of the money that I have to pay for the prestige of using their product ....

 

 

Frances

 

:thumb:

To those of us that own the stock, it's "A Shame"

Tell me about it! I had to dump a bunch of Conoco Philips the other day...after taking a nice beating, that is. :irked:
Did they say gasoline or gas prices will be at an all time high in February? I can't understand why gasoline would be. Or even gas, given the moderate winter we're having.

 

OPEC freaks out at the sagging prices cuts their production to drive the supply/demand curve back to their favor hence higher prices at the pump.

I doubt if it will be an all time high, but you can count on oil prices going up. Like stripedshirt said, OPEC is having a tizzy over oil prices dropping below $55/bbl. Now its below $52.

Saw an article somewhere today that said China just replaced Japan as the 2nd biggest consumer of automobiles. They get to driving all over the place and that demand will go up even higher. OPEC gets supply levels low and the oil that goes to American for the gas produced for us will go up.

Saw an article somewhere today that said China just replaced Japan as the 2nd biggest consumer of automobiles. They get to driving all over the place and that demand will go up even higher. OPEC gets supply levels low and the oil that goes to American for the gas produced for us will go up.

I heard somewhere that China will soon be consuming something like 1/6 of the world's resources each year.

I heard somewhere that China will soon be consuming something like 1/6 of the world's resources each year.

Goodness. That's like sitting down for Thanksgiving Dinner with my uncles.

 

That would be a topic of a great discussion thread. How dangerous is that? Wasn't part of the reason why Japan attacked us in WWII was the fear of not enough resources? How will that drive up the prices here? Is China becoming such a dominant world financial power a bigger threat than Iran/Korea with nuclear weapons?

Saw an article somewhere today that said China just replaced Japan as the 2nd biggest consumer of automobiles.
That must mean they're up to 1 car for every 25,000 people! ;)
That must mean they're up to 1 car for every 25,000 people! ;)

In the early 70's, the hippies would have told you they could all fit in a Volkswagon beetle.:p

 

But your joke illustrates my point. Imagine the demand for oil in that country if they get 1 car for every 2-3-10-100 people. Imagine the pollution as I am going to guess that they don't have stringent environment regulations.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.