Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Covington Catholic Colonels

Featured Replies

8 hours ago, CCHFC said:

Also related, is Donovan Bradshaw playing? Even with everyone returning at receiver, he should see targets as a red zone threat as a soph with his rare size for the position.

Is that number 88?

  • Replies 375
  • Views 84k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Blueboy11
    Blueboy11

    I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney. 

  • @Cov_Cath_Hwy put it perfectly.  It is more than just a football team, basketball team, soccer etc.  It is a brotherhood there.  As new classes come in and senior classes depart, that brotherhood migh

  • Is my reading comprehension poor, or did I just read what I thought I read. 

Posted Images

Willie Rodriquez 

Noah Johnson 

Owen Leen

Braylon Miller 

Jackson Reardon

Oliver Link

Marcus Suwinksi (sp?)

Cash Harney 

Donovan Bradshaw

Ben McEvoy 

Tate Kruer 

Josh Flood 

Dylan Gaiser

I'm sure I missed a few up and comers, went strictly off of last season’s roster and a few names already listed in here. Skill is absolutely loaded this year. If they can figure out the OL, Colonels are the 4A favorite. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

33 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Willie Rodriquez 

Noah Johnson 

Owen Leen

Braylon Miller 

Jackson Reardon

Oliver Link

Marcus Suwinksi (sp?)

Cash Harney 

Donovan Bradshaw

Ben McEvoy 

Tate Kruer 

Josh Flood 

Dylan Gaiser

I'm sure I missed a few up and comers, went strictly off of last season’s roster and a few names already listed in here. Skill is absolutely loaded this year. If they can figure out the OL, Colonels are the 4A favorite. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the three years they've been streaming the freshman games, Gaiser was pretty comfortably the best player I saw at Cov Cath with the ball in his hands. He needs 5-6 touches a game even with everyone returning. 

14 hours ago, CCHFC said:

In the three years they've been streaming the freshman games, Gaiser was pretty comfortably the best player I saw at Cov Cath with the ball in his hands. He needs 5-6 touches a game even with everyone returning. 

Only got to watch one FROSH game last season, but definitely seems like a ball player. 
 

Will be interesting to see how QB situation shakes out, as they’ve essentially got 4 guys in contention. Pitzer, Harney, Reardon, Gaiser. The scary thing is, 3 of those 4 (Pitzer) will find themselves on the field somewhere if they do not earn the QB job. 

A great problem to have. 

  • Author
21 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Only got to watch one FROSH game last season, but definitely seems like a ball player. 
 

Will be interesting to see how QB situation shakes out, as they’ve essentially got 4 guys in contention. Pitzer, Harney, Reardon, Gaiser. The scary thing is, 3 of those 4 (Pitzer) will find themselves on the field somewhere if they do not earn the QB job. 

A great problem to have. 

A terrific problem to have indeed.

 

We have heard a ton about the skill players, are there any updates on the Lines?…..potential starters, rotations, breakout players?  Also, fairly certain the LB corp is set for this year and next.

1 hour ago, TheConch said:

Only got to watch one FROSH game last season, but definitely seems like a ball player. 
 

Will be interesting to see how QB situation shakes out, as they’ve essentially got 4 guys in contention. Pitzer, Harney, Reardon, Gaiser. The scary thing is, 3 of those 4 (Pitzer) will find themselves on the field somewhere if they do not earn the QB job. 

A great problem to have. 

I would be stunned if anyone other than Pitzer started at QB. I think what you’ll see is Pitzer have a really good season with a chance to win 4A pending the line play (we just can’t get killed) and how good Boyle/Corbin/JC/etc are. 

My guess is Cash starts his Jr/Sr year with Gaiser being an All-NKY caliber RB/WR those years and Reardon being a 2.5 year starter at safety. Imo you play Gaiser at RB and use him like Bama used Gibbs last year or how Kamara is used. Try to split touches between carries and  catches out of the backfield.

28 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

I would be stunned if anyone other than Pitzer started at QB. I think what you’ll see is Pitzer have a really good season with a chance to win 4A pending the line play (we just can’t get killed) and how good Boyle/Corbin/JC/etc are. 

My guess is Cash starts his Jr/Sr year with Gaiser being an All-NKY caliber RB/WR those years and Reardon being a 2.5 year starter at safety. Imo you play Gaiser at RB and use him like Bama used Gibbs last year or how Kamara is used. Try to split touches between carries and  catches out of the backfield.

For everyone reading at home I would always pay close attention to what @CCHFC has to say about CCH.

3 hours ago, CCHFC said:

I would be stunned if anyone other than Pitzer started at QB. I think what you’ll see is Pitzer have a really good season with a chance to win 4A pending the line play (we just can’t get killed) and how good Boyle/Corbin/JC/etc are. 

My guess is Cash starts his Jr/Sr year with Gaiser being an All-NKY caliber RB/WR those years and Reardon being a 2.5 year starter at safety. Imo you play Gaiser at RB and use him like Bama used Gibbs last year or how Kamara is used. Try to split touches between carries and  catches out of the backfield.

I think it will be hard to crack the RB lineup this year as a sophomore.   Leen (SR), Rabe (SR), Bessler (JR) and Michels (SR) will be a hard crew to beat out this year.   

Per Twitter, Emmett Queen has not touched a Varsity field and has an offer from UK. 

Headed to Notre Dame later this summer. 

Did CCH miss our big time on this one or is he overhyped ?

He is a Covid holdback so a year older than other 8th graders. 

 

52 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Per Twitter, Emmett Queen has not touched a Varsity field and has an offer from UK. 

Headed to Notre Dame later this summer. 

Did CCH miss our big time on this one or is he overhyped ?

He is a Covid holdback so a year older than other 8th graders. 

 

Easy. Let’s see what happens when he gets sacked by a 300 pound defensive lineman first and see if he wants to keep playing. 

10 minutes ago, bluecolonels95 said:

Easy. Let’s see what happens when he gets sacked by a 300 pound defensive lineman first and see if he wants to keep playing. 

I think he’ll be fine, kids pretty tough. Plus by the time he’s on campus QBs may be wearing flags.

13 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Per Twitter, Emmett Queen has not touched a Varsity field and has an offer from UK. 

Headed to Notre Dame later this summer. 

Did CCH miss our big time on this one or is he overhyped ?

He is a Covid holdback so a year older than other 8th graders. 

 

100% they missed out on a huge talent. Dad played at OSU, I know OSU already thinks highly of him as he camped there as well. And any site you can find that ranks them that young has him in the top 5 quarterback rankings for the nation. Took the middle schools colonels and won the GCL last year. Don’t think he is overhyped at all, and would have been awesome to have this type of talent play in NKY regardless of school.

13 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Per Twitter, Emmett Queen has not touched a Varsity field and has an offer from UK. 

Headed to Notre Dame later this summer. 

Did CCH miss our big time on this one or is he overhyped ?

He is a Covid holdback so a year older than other 8th graders. 

 

Wow. This is a huge miss. Not sure what happened here, maybe the family thought playing in the GCL would be better development/exposure, but this is no doubt a big loss not having him at the school. 

And recruiting rankings/offers aren’t *everything* as a high school player, as many are based on projection and athletic traits. BUT, I think I would want to take my chances with a kid with an SEC offer at 14/15. 

Anyone downplaying Queen’s talent or possible massive future impact had he stayed with CovCath is lol/bitter/ridiculous.

The kid is a stud…

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.