Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Covington Catholic Colonels

Featured Replies

I absolutely believe CC can win the 4A title this year.  I also think Corbin can win it as well as Johnson Central.  I also believe Boyle County has a good shot at winning #4 in a row this season.  I just think it will take a team that can really score to knock of Boyle this season. 

  • Replies 375
  • Views 84k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Blueboy11
    Blueboy11

    I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney. 

  • @Cov_Cath_Hwy put it perfectly.  It is more than just a football team, basketball team, soccer etc.  It is a brotherhood there.  As new classes come in and senior classes depart, that brotherhood migh

  • Is my reading comprehension poor, or did I just read what I thought I read. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

I absolutely believe CC can win the 4A title this year.  I also think Corbin can win it as well as Johnson Central.  I also believe Boyle County has a good shot at winning #4 in a row this season.  I just think it will take a team that can really score to knock of Boyle this season. 

4A should be exciting this year, I can't wait!

3 hours ago, UKato91 said:

That is a hilariously spot on description of the offense for the last 3 years.  Granted we are only three days into practice, but it sounds like there may be some changes in the offensive play calling this year. There are some new formations being installed and a couple of impact players being tried in new positions.   I am cautiously optimistic that this offense will be different and pretty good.   

Hopefully this is true. I really don't think we need to change a ton. Just throw the ball a little more on early downs to avoid 2nd and 3rd and long and then get a little more diverse in the run game (aka stop spamming QB Iso). Two little tweaks and hopefully we can find a 2nd back that Coach EE trusts to give carries to and I think we'll be pretty good. 

How is the defense looking so far? How is Willie Rodriguez looking so far? QB competition? A lot of intriguing questions about CCs training camp. I know it’s early but we are all football starved at this point in the summer. 

17 hours ago, CCHFC said:

Hopefully this is true. I really don't think we need to change a ton. Just throw the ball a little more on early downs to avoid 2nd and 3rd and long and then get a little more diverse in the run game (aka stop spamming QB Iso). Two little tweaks and hopefully we can find a 2nd back that Coach EE trusts to give carries to and I think we'll be pretty good. 

Crossing my fingers that this is true.  I suspect Coach EE has possibly found another running back.  Apparently, O. Leen has been getting some reps on defense this year which apparently never happened last year.   This leads me to believe that he may not have to be so heavily relied on, on the offensive side of the ball.   

11 minutes ago, UKato91 said:

Crossing my fingers that this is true.  I suspect Coach EE has possibly found another running back.  Apparently, O. Leen has been getting some reps on defense this year which apparently never happened last year.   This leads me to believe that he may not have to be so heavily relied on, on the offensive side of the ball.   

How is Leen doing after his injury last year?

I originally heard he’d need labrum surgery, is that still the case?

I know he’s gotten some college interest over the summer.

On 7/13/2023 at 12:56 PM, RedHawk said:

How is Leen doing after his injury last year?

I originally heard he’d need labrum surgery, is that still the case?

I know he’s gotten some college interest over the summer.

I wish I could answer that question.  I had heard that he needed labrum surgery too.  Not sure if he had the surgery or not.  If he did and I'm not sure what the recovery time is for a surgery like that is, it would have likely been right after the football season ended.   I do know he played baseball this past spring but not sure if he missed any of that.   I also know that he played if not all then most of the football season with the injury last year.   Right now, he is listed as RB1 and getting defensive reps, so I assume he is good to go.   

On 5/31/2023 at 1:13 PM, CCHFC said:

I would be stunned if anyone other than Pitzer started at QB. I think what you’ll see is Pitzer have a really good season with a chance to win 4A pending the line play (we just can’t get killed) and how good Boyle/Corbin/JC/etc are. 

My guess is Cash starts his Jr/Sr year with Gaiser being an All-NKY caliber RB/WR those years and Reardon being a 2.5 year starter at safety. Imo you play Gaiser at RB and use him like Bama used Gibbs last year or how Kamara is used. Try to split touches between carries and  catches out of the backfield.

So Pitzer is currently QB1, Gaiser is QB2 and Harney is QB3. Harney's court hearing challenging the KHSAA's reversal on their eligibility ruling is coming up. If he is ruled eligible in court he will likely be starting at safety.

I saw somewhere in the thread asking if Donovan Bradshaw is still playing football. I believe so, can someone confirm?

6 hours ago, The Oracle said:

So Pitzer is currently QB1, Gaiser is QB2 and Harney is QB3. Harney's court hearing challenging the KHSAA's reversal on their eligibility ruling is coming up. If he is ruled eligible in court he will likely be starting at safety.

I saw somewhere in the thread asking if Donovan Bradshaw is still playing football. I believe so, can someone confirm?

I think Pitzer is currently QB1.  Haven't heard a for sure QB2 or QB3 order.   Would be surprised if Harney is QB3 and if he were I would suspect it would be purely on the questionability of his eligibility. I also wouldn't be surprised if Cash becomes the starting safety.   

Donovan Bradshaw, I believe is still playing.  I haven't heard otherwise.

6 hours ago, The Oracle said:

So Pitzer is currently QB1, Gaiser is QB2 and Harney is QB3. Harney's court hearing challenging the KHSAA's reversal on their eligibility ruling is coming up. If he is ruled eligible in court he will likely be starting at safety.

I saw somewhere in the thread asking if Donovan Bradshaw is still playing football. I believe so, can someone confirm?

Court hearing? Is that a KHSAA hearing or an actual court hearing?

8 minutes ago, UKato91 said:

I think Pitzer is currently QB1.  Haven't heard a for sure QB2 or QB3 order.   Would be surprised if Harney is QB3 and if he were I would suspect it would be purely on the questionability of his eligibility. I also wouldn't be surprised if Cash becomes the starting safety.   

Donovan Bradshaw, I believe is still playing.  I haven't heard otherwise.

I thought Harney was already cleared to play?

45 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Court hearing? Is that a KHSAA hearing or an actual court hearing?

41 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

I thought Harney was already cleared to play?

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong but I think the KHSAA ruled him eligible, then received additional info and ruled him ineligible. So, I suppose this appeal is to the KHSAA and if that fails then the court system.  

  • Author
6 minutes ago, theguru said:

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong but I think the KHSAA ruled him eligible, then received additional info and ruled him ineligible. So, I suppose this appeal is to the KHSAA and if that fails then the court system.  

I am pretty sure you are correct here.  Not sure what could have changed their minds as kids seem to be switching schools pretty routinely, even coming from over the River.  Let the kids play and have fun.

3 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

I am pretty sure you are correct here.  Not sure what could have changed their minds as kids seem to be switching schools pretty routinely, even coming from over the River.  Let the kids play and have fun.

I suspect some anonymous, but dedicated enemies of the family. 

  • Author
44 minutes ago, theguru said:

I suspect some anonymous, but dedicated enemies of the family. 

My God that would be the most pathetic thing I ever heard of.  Absolutely straight pathetic….No matter the Kid or the school.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.