Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Covington Catholic Colonels

Featured Replies

On 5/10/2023 at 10:43 AM, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Anyone have any updates or news out of Spring Practice?  I heard all the QB’s looked damn good….

Any word whether or not Harney is working out as a QB?

  • Replies 375
  • Views 84k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Blueboy11
    Blueboy11

    I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney. 

  • @Cov_Cath_Hwy put it perfectly.  It is more than just a football team, basketball team, soccer etc.  It is a brotherhood there.  As new classes come in and senior classes depart, that brotherhood migh

  • Is my reading comprehension poor, or did I just read what I thought I read. 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, The Oracle said:

Any word whether or not Harney is working out as a QB?

Depends on what position the priest wants him to play this. 

On 5/13/2023 at 9:26 PM, hector607 said:

Depends on what position the priest wants him to play this. 

On 5/13/2023 at 1:10 PM, The Oracle said:

Any word whether or not Harney is working out as a QB?

Heard nothing but good things about the kid. And that he will be on the field a lot whether that is at QB or WR and defensive back. 

  • Author
On 5/13/2023 at 9:42 PM, TheConch said:

Heard nothing but good things about the kid. And that he will be on the field a lot whether that is at QB or WR and defensive back. 

This is exactly what I heard.

20 hours ago, hector607 said:

Depends on what position the priest wants him to play this. 

Sour grapes? 

Any way we can keep the maturity level up and answer the question honestly? Keep the sour grapes out it because it is a big time question for a lot of football fans.

On 5/13/2023 at 1:10 PM, The Oracle said:

Any word whether or not Harney is working out as a QB?

Not sure where he will end up.  In spring ball, he worked at QB and DB and had success at both.  I think earlier in the string @Cov_Cath_Hwy alluded to a potential QB competition.  I can't speak to that but from what I have heard from some of the players that it is certainly possible.  Have to agree with @TheConch, I have heard nothing but good things about him, he seems to be working hard and fitting in at his new school.   

  • Author
1 hour ago, UKato91 said:

Not sure where he will end up.  In spring ball, he worked at QB and DB and had success at both.  I think earlier in the string @Cov_Cath_Hwy alluded to a potential QB competition.  I can't speak to that but from what I have heard from some of the players that it is certainly possible.  Have to agree with @TheConch, I have heard nothing but good things about him, he seems to be working hard and fitting in at his new school.   

Always a solid update @UKato91

  • Author

A Facebook post this morning from Willie’s gym states He is at 241 pounds, faster and more explosive……He is going to have a very special season.  This is going to be fun to watch.

Another word from out of Spring Ball is that Speed on full display and was the emphasis and that this could easily be The Colonels fastest team from top to bottom….

On 5/15/2023 at 7:17 AM, UKato91 said:

Not sure where he will end up.  In spring ball, he worked at QB and DB and had success at both.  I think earlier in the string @Cov_Cath_Hwy alluded to a potential QB competition.  I can't speak to that but from what I have heard from some of the players that it is certainly possible.  Have to agree with @TheConch, I have heard nothing but good things about him, he seems to be working hard and fitting in at his new school.   

Word around the water cooler is that Pitzer has thrown a surprising number of picks in spring ball, and EE issued a warning in no uncertain terms that he has two quarterbacks he's ready to replace him with.

Does that mean Harney is officially eligible with the KHSAA? Anyone heard anything on that front?

26 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

Word around the water cooler is that Pitzer has thrown a surprising number of picks in spring ball, and EE issued a warning in no uncertain terms that he has two quarterbacks he's ready to replace him with.

Does that mean Harney is officially eligible with the KHSAA? Anyone heard anything on that front?

Harney will probably start like I said a few months ago.

Is Reardon coming back? I know he had a stand out baseball season but wondering if he’ll be in the QB mix?

13 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Is Reardon coming back? I know he had a stand out baseball season but wondering if he’ll be in the QB mix?

From what I hear, yes, he is coming back.  I haven't heard much about him this year as he was playing baseball during spring practice.   Where he will end up is a good question. 

52 minutes ago, UKato91 said:

From what I hear, yes, he is coming back.  I haven't heard much about him this year as he was playing baseball during spring practice.   Where he will end up is a good question. 

This is good to hear. He started the last half of the season and is definitely a good athlete with a nose for the football. He and Noah Johnson will be a very good NKY safety tandem this year. 

Also related, is Donovan Bradshaw playing? Even with everyone returning at receiver, he should see targets as a red zone threat as a soph with his rare size for the position.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.