Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Covington Catholic Colonels

Featured Replies

Why are we talking Elder’s schedule in a CCH thread? Did Eddie apply there as Ramsey in waiting to make it a relevant topic? 

  • Replies 375
  • Views 84k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Blueboy11
    Blueboy11

    I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney. 

  • @Cov_Cath_Hwy put it perfectly.  It is more than just a football team, basketball team, soccer etc.  It is a brotherhood there.  As new classes come in and senior classes depart, that brotherhood migh

  • Is my reading comprehension poor, or did I just read what I thought I read. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, bigblue96 said:

Why are we talking Elder’s schedule in a CCH thread? Did Eddie apply there as Ramsey in waiting to make it a relevant topic? 

Is it possible that Elder and CCH could play this year?

5 hours ago, Brcatz said:

I have also seen Louisville St X and Dixie Heights both as Sept 15th games for Elder but not confirmed.

Elder is playing at Louisville St. X on Sep 15th. St. X has put their schedule out already, as has Dixie Heights. Dixie has a bye week on Sep 15th.
 

 

5 hours ago, theguru said:

Is it possible that Elder and CCH could play this year?

Nope. The OHSAA regular season wraps up on Oct 20, and Elder's only open date is Aug 25th. Cov Cath plays at Highlands on Aug 25th.

7 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Nope. The OHSAA regular season wraps up on Oct 20, and Elder's only open date is Aug 25th. Cov Cath plays at Highlands on Aug 25th.

Thank you.  Based on the available information at the time I was thinking there could be a possibility they would play Sep 15.

Any idea who else CovCath is going to play?

34 minutes ago, theguru said:

Thank you.  Based on the available information at the time I was thinking there could be a possibility they would play Sep 15.

Any idea who else CovCath is going to play?

With the schedule un-released, Cov Cath currently still shows 4 weeks remaining open on the schedule, based on the games that can already from collected by other teams' schedules. One of those weeks will be a bye, and they have district games against Harrison County and Holmes remaining to add to the schedule as well. My assumption is that Beechwood will fill the remaining slot. I have the unconfirmed games in blue.

District opponent Harrison County plays at Grant County on Sep 22 and hosts Mason County on Oct 6, so that puts them playing Cov Cath on Oct 13. District opponent Holmes hosts Grant County on Oct 5, so that puts them playing Cov Cath on Sep 22. With Beechwood's only corresponding open week on Sep 15, my assumption is that Cov Cath will play Beechwood on Sep 15.

Aug 18 vs. Ryle
Aug 25 at Highlands
Sep 1 at Simon Kenton
Sep 8 vs. Dixie Heights
Sep 15 - Beechwood - Location TBD
Sep 22 - Holmes (District) - Location TBD
Sep 29 at Grant County (District)
Oct 6 - BYE
Oct 13 - Harrison County (District) - Location TBD

Oct 20 at Mason County (District)
Oct 27 vs. Campbell County

21 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

With the schedule un-released, Cov Cath currently still shows 4 weeks remaining open on the schedule, based on the games that can already from collected by other teams' schedules. One of those weeks will be a bye, and they have district games against Harrison County and Holmes remaining to add to the schedule as well. My assumption is that Beechwood will fill the remaining slot. I have the unconfirmed games in blue.

District opponent Harrison County plays at Grant County on Sep 22 and hosts Mason County on Oct 6, so that puts them playing Cov Cath on Oct 13. District opponent Holmes hosts Grant County on Oct 5, so that puts them playing Cov Cath on Sep 22. With Beechwood's only corresponding open week on Sep 15, my assumption is that Cov Cath will play Beechwood on Sep 15.

Aug 18 vs. Ryle
Aug 25 at Highlands
Sep 1 at Simon Kenton
Sep 8 vs. Dixie Heights
Sep 15 - Beechwood - Location TBD
Sep 22 - Holmes (District) - Location TBD
Sep 29 at Grant County (District)
Oct 6 - BYE
Oct 13 - Harrison County (District) - Location TBD

Oct 20 at Mason County (District)
Oct 27 vs. Campbell County

7dsf0l.jpg

The gaps are just because a team hasn’t entered their schedule into the system yet. The teams showing 4-5-6 games are because the opponents entered the schedule and they haven’t as of now. They’ll no doubt have 10 games. 

1 hour ago, Royal Blue said:

The gaps are just because a team hasn’t entered their schedule into the system yet. The teams showing 4-5-6 games are because the opponents entered the schedule and they haven’t as of now. They’ll no doubt have 10 games. 

Correct. They do have ten games lined up already. They just haven't released the schedule yet to make it known. 

Sounds like CCH will have a QB controversy on their hands! ??

How does that impact team chemistry on a 4A pre-season favorite? 

3 minutes ago, bigblue96 said:

Sounds like CCH will have a QB controversy on their hands! ??

How does that impact team chemistry on a 4A pre-season favorite? 

Before there's any controversy, Harney has to officially transfer to Cov Cath and then somehow or another his family has to get him eligible to play sports despite the state's new transfer law.

Until that all happens, I don't see the controversy. 

1 minute ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Before there's any controversy, Harney has to officially transfer to Cov Cath and then somehow or another his family has to get him eligible to play sports despite the state's new transfer law.

Until that all happens, I don't see the controversy. 

In the past, didn't the school they were leaving have to file some form of grievance, etc. before they were ineligible anyway? 

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Before there's any controversy, Harney has to officially transfer to Cov Cath and then somehow or another his family has to get him eligible to play sports despite the state's new transfer law.

Until that all happens, I don't see the controversy. 

I can say for certain you would know better than I would, but I have been told the Harney move is a non-starter and not happening.  Guessing you heard different and if so I would trust you….

11 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

I can say for certain you would know better than I would, but I have been told the Harney move is a non-starter and not happening.  Guessing you heard different and if so I would trust you….


Are you saying he was told he would not start at QB and thus the transfer is not happening? Or playing QB at CCH is not in the decision making criteria for the transfer? 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.