Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Covington Catholic Colonels

Featured Replies

Aug 18 vs. Ryle
Aug 25 at Highlands
Sep 1 at Simon Kenton
Sep 8 vs. Dixie Heights
Sep 15
Sep 22
Sep 29 at Grant County (District)
Oct 6
Oct 13
Oct 20 at Mason County (District)
Oct 27 vs. Campbell County

So there's a bye to be added yet, district games against Harrison County and Holmes, and presumably a game against Beechwood. That would round out the rest of the schedule.

  • Replies 375
  • Views 84k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Blueboy11
    Blueboy11

    I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney. 

  • @Cov_Cath_Hwy put it perfectly.  It is more than just a football team, basketball team, soccer etc.  It is a brotherhood there.  As new classes come in and senior classes depart, that brotherhood migh

  • Is my reading comprehension poor, or did I just read what I thought I read. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Aug 18 vs. Ryle
Aug 25 at Highlands
Sep 1 at Simon Kenton
Sep 8 vs. Dixie Heights
Sep 15
Sep 22
Sep 29 at Grant County (District)
Oct 6
Oct 13
Oct 20 at Mason County (District)
Oct 27 vs. Campbell County

So there's a bye to be added yet, district games against Harrison County and Holmes, and presumably a game against Beechwood. That would round out the rest of the schedule.

Somewhat vanilla to me. 

  • Author
14 minutes ago, theguru said:

Somewhat vanilla to me. 

I have to agree.

55 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Aug 18 vs. Ryle
Aug 25 at Highlands
Sep 1 at Simon Kenton
Sep 8 vs. Dixie Heights
Sep 15
Sep 22
Sep 29 at Grant County (District)
Oct 6
Oct 13
Oct 20 at Mason County (District)
Oct 27 vs. Campbell County

So there's a bye to be added yet, district games against Harrison County and Holmes, and presumably a game against Beechwood. That would round out the rest of the schedule.

9-1 at the worst. Without knowing who they have back, I'd put Highlands as a coin flip. 

Holding their schedule against Boyle, Corbin, and JCs.. how do you think RPI will play out for third round games? In the way toooo soon to be talking about RPI speculation game. 

27 minutes ago, DearToday said:

Holding their schedule against Boyle, Corbin, and JCs.. how do you think RPI will play out for third round games? In the way toooo soon to be talking about RPI speculation game. 

Home games in the playoffs are nice but you can't let that dictate your schedule. 

Does the Highlands game being so soon in the season now and the fact they are not in the same class, change how they feel about the game? I’d say no for the first year and no the second year. If they don’t get back to the same class in the future does that hurt this rivalries allure?

13 hours ago, Breds82 said:

Does the Highlands game being so soon in the season now and the fact they are not in the same class, change how they feel about the game? I’d say no for the first year and no the second year. If they don’t get back to the same class in the future does that hurt this rivalries allure?

Yes. Covington Catholic is shrinking in size.  Now St Henry is starting football and it eventually siphons off a few of the players. Covington Catholic will be trending downward long term.  

13 hours ago, Breds82 said:

Does the Highlands game being so soon in the season now and the fact they are not in the same class, change how they feel about the game? I’d say no for the first year and no the second year. If they don’t get back to the same class in the future does that hurt this rivalries allure?

If the two teams remain in different classes at some point the luster is going to wear off but I still expect it to be a big game for years to come no matter what class each team plays in.

2 minutes ago, Royal Blue said:

Yes. Covington Catholic is shrinking in size.  Now St Henry is starting football and it eventually siphons off a few of the players. Covington Catholic will be trending downward long term.  

I sure hope not but I don't disagree with your logic. 

Elder???BE301BE8-0753-4674-A6FA-FD1234AD69E6.jpeg.a75a545ef35c12948e8e349757daecf4.jpeg

Just now, Brcatz said:

Elder???BE301BE8-0753-4674-A6FA-FD1234AD69E6.jpeg.a75a545ef35c12948e8e349757daecf4.jpeg

What a schedule for the Purple Nation. 

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

What a schedule for the Purple Nation. 

I have also seen Louisville St X and Dixie Heights both as Sept 15th games for Elder but not confirmed.

Just now, Brcatz said:

I have also seen Louisville St X and Dixie Heights both as Sept 15th games for Elder but not confirmed.

Hopefully Dixie isn't that foolish. 

On X, I would like to see them play Elder every year on all three levels. 

Update.  Wow that was fast.  My connection at Elder is good…800CB3D5-4EE6-425D-8D17-2935742101C5.jpeg.31d26e89e123b47f8202a55b80d869a3.jpeg

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.