Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Covington Catholic Colonels

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

I missed the Religion education at Beechwood. Didn't know they offered that in Ft Mitchell.

Which is a reason he could be leaving it, right? 

  • Replies 375
  • Views 84k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Blueboy11
    Blueboy11

    I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney. 

  • @Cov_Cath_Hwy put it perfectly.  It is more than just a football team, basketball team, soccer etc.  It is a brotherhood there.  As new classes come in and senior classes depart, that brotherhood migh

  • Is my reading comprehension poor, or did I just read what I thought I read. 

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

I missed the Religion education at Beechwood. Didn't know they offered that in Ft Mitchell.

 

53 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

I missed the Religion education at Beechwood. Didn't know they offered that in Ft Mitchell.

  I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney.  When you start attacking my son's faith and my families faith this becomes personal.  Why not go to scott? Because Cov. Cath. Is where he was going to go.  He has been at St. Pius since 3rd grade.  He is not shopping around schools, he understands, the grass isn't always greener, and he knows he is taking a big chance.  He doesn't expect anything to be handed to him and he will continue to work his butt off like he always has.  He did not make this decision over night.  Yes, he has been reaching out to his priest from St. Pius(so that was all true).  He wanted to know how to pray when deciding between two good things.  To me, as a mom, this makes me more proud than any sport or accolade he has received. He loves Beechwood, We love Beechwood, it was an amazing experience for Cash.  Did he face some adversity yes, but we learn from that and move on.  I hope all of this can be put aside and focus on what both of these schools have to offer! 

2 minutes ago, Blueboy11 said:

 

  I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney.  When you start attacking my son's faith and my families faith this becomes personal.  Why not go to scott? Because Cov. Cath. Is where he was going to go.  He has been at St. Pius since 3rd grade.  He is not shopping around schools, he understands, the grass isn't always greener, and he knows he is taking a big chance.  He doesn't expect anything to be handed to him and he will continue to work his butt off like he always has.  He did not make this decision over night.  Yes, he has been reaching out to his priest from St. Pius(so that was all true).  He wanted to know how to pray when deciding between two good things.  To me, as a mom, this makes me more proud than any sport or accolade he has received. He loves Beechwood, We love Beechwood, it was an amazing experience for Cash.  Did he face some adversity yes, but we learn from that and move on.  I hope all of this can be put aside and focus on what both of these schools have to offer! 

Well said. It is difficult to decide whether or how to respond to all the speculation we have seen here. I hope your response helps everyone else understand that sometimes these decisions are about more than sports. No one on here knows everything that went into this decision. Prayers for success to Cash and your family.

I will add one more thing on Cash Harney so hopefully everyone can move on. I don't believe he will have any issue being eligible at Cov Cath this season. Not that I am the expert on transfers but I have studied the rules for years and watched how they play out in real life. I will be surprised if Cash is not eligible at Cov Cath this fall. The reasons why are explained very well in the transfers threads here on BGP. There will be a process. He might even miss the start of the season based on what I have seen in the past. But he should be able to become eligible this fall even under the new state law and KHSAA rules. 

That is coming from a Beechwood fan. Trust me, I would love to have Cash at Beechwood and watch him grow as a young man over the next three years. But that is selfish of me. He and his family have to make their decisions and everyone else should respect them and cheer for success. That goes for Cash and all these young men and ladies who make these difficult decisions.

2 hours ago, CCHFC said:

There is no controversy. The gap between Pitzer and Harney is pretty big right now. The CCH/BW game last year showed the gap (which is ok for players two classes apart!) 

I do think Harney would start in 24 and 25, however. I thought Dylan Gaiser (CCH rising Soph)  would be more than a capable starter for those years, but he has a ton of juice and will be a big time player as a WR/RB hybrid. 

So you are anointing Harney as the starter in 24 over Gaiser without any competition? They seem to be very similar type of players both on the football field and hardwood. Do you not see a scenario for Gaiser to be the QB and Harney the WR/RB? 

28 minutes ago, bigblue96 said:

So you are anointing Harney as the starter in 24 over Gaiser without any competition? They seem to be very similar type of players both on the football field and hardwood. Do you not see a scenario for Gaiser to be the QB and Harney the WR/RB? 

Just my opinion after watching them throw the ball last year, I think Cash spins it better and will be a very quality starting HS QB. I think Gaiser would be a really good HS QB too, but him getting 12-15 touches a game at WR/RB with Cash at QB gives us the best chance to win in 24 and 25. I think Gaiser is a better and more explosive athlete.

Regardless, I think the 23-25 (at least) run of skill position talent for CCH is going to be very, very good. 

1 hour ago, Blueboy11 said:

 

  I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney.  When you start attacking my son's faith and my families faith this becomes personal.  Why not go to scott? Because Cov. Cath. Is where he was going to go.  He has been at St. Pius since 3rd grade.  He is not shopping around schools, he understands, the grass isn't always greener, and he knows he is taking a big chance.  He doesn't expect anything to be handed to him and he will continue to work his butt off like he always has.  He did not make this decision over night.  Yes, he has been reaching out to his priest from St. Pius(so that was all true).  He wanted to know how to pray when deciding between two good things.  To me, as a mom, this makes me more proud than any sport or accolade he has received. He loves Beechwood, We love Beechwood, it was an amazing experience for Cash.  Did he face some adversity yes, but we learn from that and move on.  I hope all of this can be put aside and focus on what both of these schools have to offer! 

Let's be clear ... No One is calling Cash out. 

And that's all that needs to be said about the situation. The truth is out there - people don't have to look to find it

6 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

Just my opinion after watching them throw the ball last year, I think Cash spins it better and will be a very quality starting HS QB. I think Gaiser would be a really good HS QB too, but him getting 12-15 touches a game at WR/RB with Cash at QB gives us the best chance to win in 24 and 25. I think Gaiser is a better and more explosive athlete.

Regardless, I think the 23-25 (at least) run of skill position talent for CCH is going to be very, very good. 

Fair.  The one who grows a few more inches first may be the deciding factor. However, neither may grow much more if at all.  It’s a little difficult to be a great passing qb at their current heights.  Maybe one ends up at WR and one at RB. 

Is my reading comprehension poor, or did I just read what I thought I read. 

On 3/11/2023 at 12:07 PM, Blueboy11 said:

 

  I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney.  When you start attacking my son's faith and my families faith this becomes personal.  Why not go to scott? Because Cov. Cath. Is where he was going to go.  He has been at St. Pius since 3rd grade.  He is not shopping around schools, he understands, the grass isn't always greener, and he knows he is taking a big chance.  He doesn't expect anything to be handed to him and he will continue to work his butt off like he always has.  He did not make this decision over night.  Yes, he has been reaching out to his priest from St. Pius(so that was all true).  He wanted to know how to pray when deciding between two good things.  To me, as a mom, this makes me more proud than any sport or accolade he has received. He loves Beechwood, We love Beechwood, it was an amazing experience for Cash.  Did he face some adversity yes, but we learn from that and move on.  I hope all of this can be put aside and focus on what both of these schools have to offer! 

So did the priest recommend Holy Cross and St. Henry as an option too, or what?

2 hours ago, hector607 said:

So did the priest recommend Holy Cross and St. Henry as an option too, or what?

Whew. This may not be the best place to come in here as this player’s mom. You are talking to a bunch of couch slobs (me included, can’t wait to be one this weekend ?). 
 

That being said…coming on here and defending the move against a bunch randoms (see above) is a wild move.

 

Let’s dive into the actual situation at hand. @Blueboy11 I assume he has started school. How is the off-season going? Still looking to play QB?

On 1/27/2023 at 2:15 PM, TheConch said:

If I had to guess what the schedule is this year. I know these are the teams, so no Lex Cath or GCL school this year, essentially an all NKY Schedule. Not exactly sure on who is playing where or the exact order aside from Ryle starting the year off, Highlands 2, and Campbell finishing it off. Also not sure where the bye is going to be, I just threw it in there. 

My Educated Guess: 
1) Ryle

2) at Highlands

3) SK

4) at Dixie

5) at Beechwood

6) Holmes

7) at Mason Co.

? BYE

9) Harrison

10) at Grant Co.

11) Campbell Co. 

I was close!

Looks like 8-2 at worst, 10-0 at best.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.