Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Covington Catholic Colonels

Featured Replies

7 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

It could happen. 

0-10 could happen. ?‍♀️

  • Replies 375
  • Views 84k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Blueboy11
    Blueboy11

    I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney. 

  • @Cov_Cath_Hwy put it perfectly.  It is more than just a football team, basketball team, soccer etc.  It is a brotherhood there.  As new classes come in and senior classes depart, that brotherhood migh

  • Is my reading comprehension poor, or did I just read what I thought I read. 

Posted Images

The only way CCH loses to SK is if the younger linemen are nowhere near where I think they are and SK controls the clock. Crone was a very good HS QB and there is going to be a big drop off to the soph I assume they will start. Not like that's a negative to the soph as I'm sure he'll wind up being a fine player in a couple years, but Crone was in the Mr. Football conversation and a big, physically mature QB. 

After looking through the Highlands thread, it's probably a toss up with what they have back on the LOS. However, I think we will be a good amount better on the perimeter than them (Heck, our third leading receiver last year in his first varsity game as a soph was able to out physical older, startng GCL South corners for contested catches). Assuming we don't try to run the ball right at them (fingers crossed), we should be able to put up some points. 

I am also very, very excited to see Rodriguez play at about 15 to 20 lbs of good weight heavier than last year. He was already a super physical player, but I think he has a chance to be a true game changer and Mr. Football candidate this year (ex. 1000 yards, 15 TDs, 10 sacks on D).

16 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

When was the last time CC did not play an out of state team?  Kind of a boring schedule IMO.

I agree, but if you take a step back, I don't think they had much choice. 3 of our 4 district competitors are not natural competitors for us.  Holmes being the only remotely natural competitor, but that is even still not a normal one.  Then you have the rivalry games of Highlands, Beechwood and Dixie which takes our game count to 7.  I believe Ryle and Simon Kenton were on the schedule prior to the end of last year which leaves 1 slot left to fill which I guess was filled by Campbell Co.  Campbell Co has been on and off the schedule for several years too.   Thinking both schools had an open date that needed to be filled and it worked out.   Not to mention RPI help for CCH, 4A vs 6A and Campbell Co playing a tough opponent prior to playoffs.  Agreed not a normal schedule but probably had to be done that way.  

5 hours ago, UKato91 said:

I agree, but if you take a step back, I don't think they had much choice. 3 of our 4 district competitors are not natural competitors for us.  Holmes being the only remotely natural competitor, but that is even still not a normal one.  Then you have the rivalry games of Highlands, Beechwood and Dixie which takes our game count to 7.  I believe Ryle and Simon Kenton were on the schedule prior to the end of last year which leaves 1 slot left to fill which I guess was filled by Campbell Co.  Campbell Co has been on and off the schedule for several years too.   Thinking both schools had an open date that needed to be filled and it worked out.   Not to mention RPI help for CCH, 4A vs 6A and Campbell Co playing a tough opponent prior to playoffs.  Agreed not a normal schedule but probably had to be done that way.  

Bingo. Slots were filled due to scheduling rearrangements and agreements from last year. 
 

If I had to guess, they will schedule an Ohio team for a scrimmage. 

On 3/20/2023 at 1:41 PM, CCHFC said:

The only way CCH loses to SK is if the younger linemen are nowhere near where I think they are and SK controls the clock. Crone was a very good HS QB and there is going to be a big drop off to the soph I assume they will start. Not like that's a negative to the soph as I'm sure he'll wind up being a fine player in a couple years, but Crone was in the Mr. Football conversation and a big, physically mature QB. 

After looking through the Highlands thread, it's probably a toss up with what they have back on the LOS. However, I think we will be a good amount better on the perimeter than them (Heck, our third leading receiver last year in his first varsity game as a soph was able to out physical older, startng GCL South corners for contested catches). Assuming we don't try to run the ball right at them (fingers crossed), we should be able to put up some points. 

I am also very, very excited to see Rodriguez play at about 15 to 20 lbs of good weight heavier than last year. He was already a super physical player, but I think he has a chance to be a true game changer and Mr. Football candidate this year (ex. 1000 yards, 15 TDs, 10 sacks on D).

In regards to the LOS, the offensive line should look about the same. Gonna lose a guard and tackle in Schwalbach and Bowman. will have Schwietzer, Johnson, Fassler, and some pretty damn good incoming juniors. 

Defense is kind of hard to tell. The whole year they rotated heavily but losing Trevaughn Woods and Schwalbach is gonna hit heavy. 

Spring practice starts this week!  It will be interesting to see if there are any position moves, who will emerge as the team leaders and how hard they have been hitting the weights this winter.  

  • Author
6 minutes ago, UKato91 said:

Spring practice starts this week!  It will be interesting to see if there are any position moves, who will emerge as the team leaders and how hard they have been hitting the weights this winter.  

Cannot wait until August!

  • Author
On 4/17/2023 at 11:23 AM, UKato91 said:

Spring practice starts this week!  It will be interesting to see if there are any position moves, who will emerge as the team leaders and how hard they have been hitting the weights this winter.  

Anyone have any updates or news out of Spring Practice?  I heard all the QB’s looked damn good….

4 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Anyone have any updates or news out of Spring Practice?  I heard all the QB’s looked damn good….

I do know it was college coaches galore. Some really big names and schools in to see Willie. And some good exposure for the younger guys. 

No spring game was held, so never got to see the early product like years past, but all I've heard was good things. 

Stacked at the skill position, and trying to piece together an OL. If the Colonels can find an OL, they will be scary this year. 

  • Author
14 minutes ago, TheConch said:

I do know it was college coaches galore. Some really big names and schools in to see Willie. And some good exposure for the younger guys. 

No spring game was held, so never got to see the early product like years past, but all I've heard was good things. 

Stacked at the skill position, and trying to piece together an OL. If the Colonels can find an OL, they will be scary this year. 

Pretty much along the lines of what I heard.  I got word that Ben Reeves at DE and the WR Johnson absolutely showed out all spring and that there could be a legit QB battle as everyone was spinning it, running well, and executing the offense with no issue.  Willie and Tate Kreuer are the clear leaders on the team is the last thing I heard also.  

2 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Anyone have any updates or news out of Spring Practice?  I heard all the QB’s looked damn good….

I was at one of the last practices and was impressed with some of the results from the weight room too.  Some of those guys looked ripped.   

Just told the turf being torn up in the upcoming weeks, with a plan in place where new turf is laid during dead period and ready to go for July Practices. 

The old turf’s first season was 2015, Eviston’s first year. 

3 hours ago, TheConch said:

Just told the turf being torn up in the upcoming weeks, with a plan in place where new turf is laid during dead period and ready to go for July Practices. 

The old turf’s first season was 2015, Eviston’s first year. 

Not exactly surprising that the playing surface didn't quite make the nominal "10 year" standard with as many teams and we have practicing and playing on it. Varsity, JV and freshman football, varsity JV and freshman soccer, Colonel Youth Football, lacrosse, plus the occasional Holy Cross and New Cath game.

Cov. Cath. will put some miles on the bus and scrimmage North Laurel on August 11. In addition, they will have a few 7v7 games against Conner, Cooper, Moeller and New Cath. in July. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.