Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Covington Catholic Colonels

Featured Replies

On 5/31/2023 at 1:13 PM, CCHFC said:

I would be stunned if anyone other than Pitzer started at QB. I think what you’ll see is Pitzer have a really good season with a chance to win 4A pending the line play (we just can’t get killed) and how good Boyle/Corbin/JC/etc are. 

My guess is Cash starts his Jr/Sr year with Gaiser being an All-NKY caliber RB/WR those years and Reardon being a 2.5 year starter at safety. Imo you play Gaiser at RB and use him like Bama used Gibbs last year or how Kamara is used. Try to split touches between carries and  catches out of the backfield.

Probably a good chance you are correct on it playing out like that. However, If Gaiser doesn’t win the job, but is set on being a QB. I know I would love to see him go back to Ludlow where he is from. He would be an absolute stud at QB for Ludlow these next three years.

  • Replies 375
  • Views 84k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Blueboy11
    Blueboy11

    I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney. 

  • @Cov_Cath_Hwy put it perfectly.  It is more than just a football team, basketball team, soccer etc.  It is a brotherhood there.  As new classes come in and senior classes depart, that brotherhood migh

  • Is my reading comprehension poor, or did I just read what I thought I read. 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Probably a good chance you are correct on it playing out like that. However, If Gaiser doesn’t win the job, but is set on being a QB. I know I would love to see him go back to Ludlow where he is from. He would be an absolute stud at QB for Ludlow these next three years.

I for sure think he has a role this year and is a big time weapon in 24 and 25. Him along with Oliver Link and Donovan Bradshaw is a very, very nice trio to get the ball to for Harney in 24. 

If he ended up at Ludlow, I’m not kidding when I say I think he’d run for 2500 yards a year as a junior and senior at that level. You are right that he would absolutely dominate. 

On 7/6/2023 at 5:33 PM, futurecoach said:

Probably a good chance you are correct on it playing out like that. However, If Gaiser doesn’t win the job, but is set on being a QB. I know I would love to see him go back to Ludlow where he is from. He would be an absolute stud at QB for Ludlow these next three years.

I know you more than likely didn't mean anything by it, but comments like this one really irk me. Gaiser, from Ludlow, *IS* going to high school where he is from. Ludlow, and St. Boniface/St. James Parish, has been an identified feeder for Cov Cath since Cov Cath was created in 1925. I grew up in Fort Mitchell and knew I was headed to Cov Cath from the time I knew what Cov Cath was - and I've never in my life heard anyone from Beechwood complaining about how any Ft. Mitchell residents who attended Cov Cath weren't "going where they were from."

15 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I know you more than likely didn't mean anything by it, but comments like this one really irk me. Gaiser, from Ludlow, *IS* going to high school where he is from. Ludlow, and St. Boniface/St. James Parish, has been an identified feeder for Cov Cath since Cov Cath was created in 1925. I grew up in Fort Mitchell and knew I was headed to Cov Cath from the time I knew what Cov Cath was - and I've never in my life heard anyone from Beechwood complaining about how any Ft. Mitchell residents who attended Cov Cath weren't "going where they were from."

I fully support families and kids going to schools they want to go to. The Gaiser’s are a great family, and did what they thought was best which is perfectly fine. So I definitely was not trying to start something by saying that. Just pointing out that if he doesn’t win the QB job, but is set on being a QB. That he would be an absolute stud down at Ludlow for them over the next 3 years at that spot. 
 

With that said you using Beechwood as an example of people from Beechwood never mentioning people ending up at CovCath is not a fair comparison. Beechwood always has tons of talent, so losing a talented player or two isn’t going to do much. Especially since they also probably are also getting talented kids to end up there after growing up playing somewhere else. So not exactly a fair comparison there, where Ludlow not having a talented kid like that does make a bigger difference than someone in Fort Mitchell ending up at CovCath. 
 

As a Ludlow grad yeah I personally would love to see all talented players stay at Ludlow. That’s how small schools like that have their best teams, when players stay. A player with Gaiser’s ability would make a huge difference at Ludlow in both football and basketball, and definitely fair to say it would make a bigger difference than say Beechwood having a kid end up at CovCath. So yeah as a Ludlow grad I definitely would have loved to seen him at Ludlow, because I do think Ludlow is trying to position themselves to take that next step as a program. With that said though I have no problem with a family doing what they think is best for their kid. Which I think Ludlow is doing a great job of trying to make it now to where hopefully most families in Ludlow in the future do view Ludlow as the best spot for their kid and stay because that will help the program grow even more to take that next step. 

On 7/9/2023 at 1:28 PM, futurecoach said:

I fully support families and kids going to schools they want to go to. The Gaiser’s are a great family, and did what they thought was best which is perfectly fine. So I definitely was not trying to start something by saying that. Just pointing out that if he doesn’t win the QB job, but is set on being a QB. That he would be an absolute stud down at Ludlow for them over the next 3 years at that spot. 
 

With that said you using Beechwood as an example of people from Beechwood never mentioning people ending up at CovCath is not a fair comparison. Beechwood always has tons of talent, so losing a talented player or two isn’t going to do much. Especially since they also probably are also getting talented kids to end up there after growing up playing somewhere else. So not exactly a fair comparison there, where Ludlow not having a talented kid like that does make a bigger difference than someone in Fort Mitchell ending up at CovCath. 
 

As a Ludlow grad yeah I personally would love to see all talented players stay at Ludlow. That’s how small schools like that have their best teams, when players stay. A player with Gaiser’s ability would make a huge difference at Ludlow in both football and basketball, and definitely fair to say it would make a bigger difference than say Beechwood having a kid end up at CovCath. So yeah as a Ludlow grad I definitely would have loved to seen him at Ludlow, because I do think Ludlow is trying to position themselves to take that next step as a program. With that said though I have no problem with a family doing what they think is best for their kid. Which I think Ludlow is doing a great job of trying to make it now to where hopefully most families in Ludlow in the future do view Ludlow as the best spot for their kid and stay because that will help the program grow even more to take that next step. 

I guess that's also kind of one of my points...it seems like more of a haves vs. have-nots situation usually when people complain about kids going and playing sports at Catholic schools. To say that it's not a fair comparison to compare in-district Beechwood people playing at their in-district Catholic school versus in-district Ludlow people playing at their in-district Catholic school is actually a literal direct comparison. Saying that it shouldn't matter to one school because, "oh, but they already have talent so it's not the same with them" is a caveat made to suit an agenda.

Haves and have-nots exist in life, and that is what it is ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I guess that's also kind of one of my points...it seems like more of a haves vs. have-nots situation usually when people complain about kids going and playing sports at Catholic schools. To say that it's not a fair comparison to compare in-district Beechwood people playing at their in-district Catholic school versus in-district Ludlow people playing at their in-district Catholic school is actually a literal direct comparison. Saying that it shouldn't matter to one school because, "oh, but they already have talent so it's not the same with them" is a caveat made to suit an agenda.

Haves and have-nots exist in life, and that is what it is ?‍♂️

It is not a fair comparison when you basically say people should be like Beechwood and not say anything when a Fort Mitchell player goes to CovCath, because as you stated you don’t hear them say anything about it. Which the reasons why it’s not a fair comparison is the reasons I listed in last post and is why it is maybe brought up by somewhere else but not brought up from say anyone from Fort Mitchell. 

In regards to the haves and the have-nots as you say. It also seems to me that the haves are rather quick to judge the have-nots with kind of a rather stuck up opinion like that. Basically trying to say how the have nots should think, and how the have nots should be more like the haves, because the haves don’t want to hear about any what ifs from the have-nots. The have-nots need to act more like the haves and don’t think about what ifs. ??‍♂️

I do think CovCath will win the state championship in 4A this year.

Quite the word salad but after the 4th time reading it, I totally agree. CWB doesn’t like to be proven wrong, or admit his take isn’t just an opinion but fact. I was a beneficiary of feeder school program via the diocese of Covington in Campbell county. Now it turns out the talent wasn’t there when I was there but we had kids from all over the county because we were the only catholic school that played football in the county. Brossart having a program now and public education not being a “thing” these days has certainly not been a friend to the private schools. I’d say if Bellevue could sustain a catholic high school then my son would’ve gone there, but they don’t have one as many small cities can attest to. 

21 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I do think CovCath will win the state championship in 4A this year.

So you are picking CovCath over Boyle County?

20 hours ago, theguru said:

So you are picking CovCath over Boyle County?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Yes.

Wow!

Tell me why you think CCH will be so good this year please?

I say wow as well. I hope CC wins it all this year, but until they get the offense back to stretching the field again, I can't see them beating Boyle Co. 

8 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

I say wow as well. I hope CC wins it all this year, but until they get the offense back to stretching the field again, I can't see them beating Boyle Co. 

Right, we all know CovCath will be good because they have a lot of solid football players, they are well coached, and they do almost everything right.  But if the offense is still going to be three month old vanilla ice cream then I can't see them beating Boyle either. 

33 minutes ago, theguru said:

Right, we all know CovCath will be good because they have a lot of solid football players, they are well coached, and they do almost everything right.  But if the offense is still going to be . three month old vanilla ice cream then I can't see them beating Boyle either

Quote

But if the offense is still going to be .three-month-old vanilla ice cream then I can't see them beating Boyle either.  

That is a hilariously spot on description of the offense for the last 3 years.  Granted we are only three days into practice, but it sounds like there may be some changes in the offensive play calling this year. There are some new formations being installed and a couple of impact players being tried in new positions.   I am cautiously optimistic that this offense will be different and pretty good.   

2 hours ago, Breds82 said:

I say wow as well. I hope CC wins it all this year, but until they get the offense back to stretching the field again, I can't see them beating Boyle Co. 

If stretching the field means throwing deep, I don't think that has ever been a big part of Eviston's offense. The bigger focus for Eviston's offense is stretching the field wide. He makes defenses defend sideline to sideline.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.