Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Covington Catholic Colonels

Featured Replies

7 hours ago, theguru said:

I suspect some anonymous, but dedicated enemies of the family. 

Adults can be outrageously childish about the dumbest things.

  • Replies 375
  • Views 84k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Blueboy11
    Blueboy11

    I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney. 

  • @Cov_Cath_Hwy put it perfectly.  It is more than just a football team, basketball team, soccer etc.  It is a brotherhood there.  As new classes come in and senior classes depart, that brotherhood migh

  • Is my reading comprehension poor, or did I just read what I thought I read. 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Have been told the policy is so vague it let's them do mostly what they want.  The most important and/or the one who barks loudest gets heard.  I've seen a couple of people worry about a precedent being set, but that's only a worry if they follow it.  Which they hardly ever do.  

My big complaint with the KHSAA Bylaw 6 process is the lack of transparency. I realize that privacy of a student's personal situation is an issue with transparency. But there needs to be more transparency in the process for all schools and students. With the lack of transparency there is no precedent of any kind. No one knows why one student is eligible and another is not. Everyone needs more guidance and understanding of what circumstances lead to a student being ineligible.

18 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

My God that would be the most pathetic thing I ever heard of.  Absolutely straight pathetic….No matter the Kid or the school.

Wow. Just now hearing this. Not to mention opened Pandora’s box. If they take anonymity letter’s seriously, what is stopping anyone from writing a letter about any player that transferred in to a school on the upcoming schedule.

Absolute joke. KHSAA has lost its mind. 
Nothing says I care about the kids more than telling him he’s good to play, then, oh wait, never mind. 
 

Whoever the Beechwood adult is who wrote a letter, I hope you still living in your high school days is exciting for you. 

 

 

Meant to mention in previous post.  Anonymous means nothing and I don't believe it for a second.  If there is not a phone number attached or literally pictures of something going on attached......it might not even be read.  

It was probably the same guy who gave Noel Rash the middle finger after all his years of service to that school. 
 

Clown. 

2 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Meant to mention in previous post.  Anonymous means nothing and I don't believe it for a second.  If there is not a phone number attached or literally pictures of something going on attached......it might not even be read.  

My thoughts exactly.

I want to see Harney on the field. Great kid and family, but I find it hard to believe this would be happening over anonymous letters for the reasons people have already pointed out. There have been so many transfers already approved, I got to believe there is more to this story.  

Hoping it all gets worked out soon!

Worst case Cash gets a  year to train and then show out next year.

1 hour ago, TheConch said:

Wow. Just now hearing this. Not to mention opened Pandora’s box. If they take anonymity letter’s seriously, what is stopping anyone from writing a letter about any player that transferred in to a school on the upcoming schedule.

Absolute joke. KHSAA has lost its mind. 
Nothing says I care about the kids more than telling him he’s good to play, then, oh wait, never mind. 
 

Whoever the Beechwood adult is who wrote a letter, I hope you still living in your high school days is exciting for you. 

 

 

Rumor is the nasty letter writing started with a relative of the student athlete, which triggered the response letter to the KHSAA. 
 

Heard from a source not connected to either program, so take it for what it’s worth! 

26 minutes ago, bigblue96 said:

Rumor is the nasty letter writing started with a relative of the student athlete, which triggered the response letter to the KHSAA. 
 

Heard from a source not connected to either program, so take it for what it’s worth! 

I cannot confirm one is related to the other, but I can confirm that there has been some nasty letters going around the last few months, that is a fact!!

40 minutes ago, theguru said:

I cannot confirm one is related to the other, but I can confirm that there has been some nasty letters going around the last few months, that is a fact!!

Three ring circus around the kid! Damn shame he can’t just play ball and have fun! 
 

 

5 minutes ago, bigblue96 said:

Three ring circus around the kid! Damn shame he can’t just play ball and have fun! 
 

 

I agree and like I told someone yesterday, the adults do all the fighting and the kids suffer, so sad.

1 hour ago, bigblue96 said:

Rumor is the nasty letter writing started with a relative of the student athlete, which triggered the response letter to the KHSAA. 
 

Heard from a source not connected to either program, so take it for what it’s worth! 

That is unreal if true.

I don't get it,  if he was cleared because of Religious beliefs to switch to a Catholic school, what kind of information could be in an "Anonymous" letter that could rule him in-eligible? 

He did go to a CCH "feeder school" for a few years in the past until he transferred as a tuition student at Beechwood.  Would he now have to go to his home public school to be deemed eligible?

41 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Would he now have to go to his home public school to be deemed eligible?

Probably what he should have been doing all along.  Let’s not pretend this is just some kid wanting to play ball. Pick a school and stay there or put your house on the market and move. It’s not that hard. 

34 minutes ago, 1959 said:

Probably what he should have been doing all along.  Let’s not pretend this is just some kid wanting to play ball. Pick a school and stay there or put your house on the market and move. It’s not that hard. 

If he's not a kid wanting to play ball, then what is he?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.