Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Covington Catholic Colonels

Featured Replies

On 7/24/2023 at 4:29 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

 

Madden haven't seen him in years!

  • Replies 375
  • Views 84k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Blueboy11
    Blueboy11

    I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney. 

  • @Cov_Cath_Hwy put it perfectly.  It is more than just a football team, basketball team, soccer etc.  It is a brotherhood there.  As new classes come in and senior classes depart, that brotherhood migh

  • Is my reading comprehension poor, or did I just read what I thought I read. 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, theguru said:

21.jpg

Is that Tim Hobbs next to Coach Ray?

Just now, UKato91 said:

Is that Tim Hobbs next to Coach Ray?

I am not the expert here but I thought it was a cool throwback photo. 

24 minutes ago, UKato91 said:

Is that Tim Hobbs next to Coach Ray?

Yessir. He used to be a good bit heavier in the 1970s. That's Mark Brueggemann that Coach Hobbs was "tuning up" in the picture.

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Yessir. He used to be a good bit heavier in the 1970s. That's Mark Brueggemann that Coach Hobbs was "tuning up" in the picture.

Was Brueggemann any good?

Just now, theguru said:

Was Brueggemann any good?

From the Cov Cath Hallf of Fame:

Mark Brueggemann
Football • Track & Field
Graduation Year: 1981


Mark is one unique athlete. He earned 4 varsity letters in both track and field and football. For 4 years Mark ran the 100 yard dash, the 220 yard dash, and was a member of the 880 and mile relay teams. He also ran the 440 yard dash. He was a member of the all regional track team in 1980 and 81. In football Mark was a workhorse of the backfield. He carried the ball 108 times as a freshman, 124 times as a sophomore, 90 times as a junior before being injured and 201 times during his senior season. He was honorable mention All State in his senior year and started in the Kentucky East-West All Star Game. During his career, Mark scored 29 TD's, 12 PAT's and his four year totals include 520 rushes for a total of 2,528 yards. After graduation Mark played football for 2 years at the University of Dayton.

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

From the Cov Cath Hallf of Fame:

Mark Brueggemann
Football • Track & Field
Graduation Year: 1981


Mark is one unique athlete. He earned 4 varsity letters in both track and field and football. For 4 years Mark ran the 100 yard dash, the 220 yard dash, and was a member of the 880 and mile relay teams. He also ran the 440 yard dash. He was a member of the all regional track team in 1980 and 81. In football Mark was a workhorse of the backfield. He carried the ball 108 times as a freshman, 124 times as a sophomore, 90 times as a junior before being injured and 201 times during his senior season. He was honorable mention All State in his senior year and started in the Kentucky East-West All Star Game. During his career, Mark scored 29 TD's, 12 PAT's and his four year totals include 520 rushes for a total of 2,528 yards. After graduation Mark played football for 2 years at the University of Dayton.

Wow, the more you know. 

  • Author
38 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Is Harney eligible? 

Great question.  I have heard zero on this. 

1 hour ago, BrosefStalin said:

Is Harney eligible? 

I was told, as of last week, no, with no expectation of a ruling from the judge anytime soon. 

If Harney has shown enough to be starting at Safety in the summer, my guess is Noah Johnson is playing the nickel role that Oliver Bent played last year. With that, I feel really good about 9 of the starters on defense. The 8 guys that don’t have their hand down plus Ben Reeves at interior DL. 

The other comment I had on defense is outside of Zion Mason, I think Braylon Miller is the best player we’ve had at corner in a decade plus. Loose, athletic and real good ball skills. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.