Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Covington Catholic Colonels

Featured Replies

Is Cash allowed to practice with the Varsity team until he’s cleared? 

  • Replies 375
  • Views 84k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Blueboy11
    Blueboy11

    I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney. 

  • @Cov_Cath_Hwy put it perfectly.  It is more than just a football team, basketball team, soccer etc.  It is a brotherhood there.  As new classes come in and senior classes depart, that brotherhood migh

  • Is my reading comprehension poor, or did I just read what I thought I read. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

My God that would be the most pathetic thing I ever heard of.  Absolutely straight pathetic….No matter the Kid or the school.

I agree but that is the word on the street. ?‍♀️

  • Author
6 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree but that is the word on the street. ?‍♀️

Those are some sad individuals.

2 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Those are some sad individuals.

Hate is a strong emotion.

Does anyone know when the KHSAA will make a 3rd decision on this?

4 hours ago, UKato91 said:

I think Pitzer is currently QB1.  Haven't heard a for sure QB2 or QB3 order.   Would be surprised if Harney is QB3 and if he were I would suspect it would be purely on the questionability of his eligibility. I also wouldn't be surprised if Cash becomes the starting safety.   

Donovan Bradshaw, I believe is still playing.  I haven't heard otherwise.

I was told Evan Pitzer is currently the starter and Dylan Gaiser is currently the first backup to Pitzer. I was a little surprised that Gaiser was ahead of Harney and was told "Gaiser is every bit as mobile as Harney is in the pocket, has a stronger arm, is a half-inch taller, and will for sure be able to play come the start of the season." ?

32 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

 

I looked at those pictures on Facebook, there were a couple of classics in there.

3 hours ago, theguru said:

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong but I think the KHSAA ruled him eligible, then received additional info and ruled him ineligible. So, I suppose this appeal is to the KHSAA and if that fails then the court system.  

Do we know he was ruled eligible? 

First we need to know the answer to that question before speculating on anything else.

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Do we know he was ruled eligible? 

First we need to know the answer to that question before speculating on anything else.

Cash Harney was ruled eligible by the KHSAA, yes. Then the KHSAA walked back on their ruling around mid-June, apparently informing Cov Cath and the Harneys that they were sent two anonymous letters with information that led them to reverse their eligibility ruling pending further investigation.

Talk about an all-time numbskull, absolutely terrible precedent to make by the KHSAA: "Hey, if you're unhappy about a transfer being approved eligible to play sports at a new school, just send us an anonymous letter and we'll reverse our ruling."

I do believe the Harney's engaged an attorney once the KHSAA reversed their ruling. Word around the water cooler has been that there's a "hearing" coming up. No idea whether or not that's a court hearing or a KHSAA hearing. @The Oracle do you have any insight? You seemed to indicate that it was a court hearing.

5 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Cash Harney was ruled eligible by the KHSAA, yes. Then the KHSAA walked back on their ruling around mid-June, apparently informing Cov Cath and the Harneys that they were sent two anonymous letters with information that led them to reverse their eligibility ruling pending further investigation.

Talk about an all-time numbskull, absolutely terrible precedent to make by the KHSAA: "Hey, if you're unhappy about a transfer being approved eligible to play sports at a new school, just send us an anonymous letter and we'll reverse our ruling."

I do believe the Harney's engaged an attorney once the KHSAA reversed their ruling. Word around the water cooler has been that there's a "hearing" coming up. No idea whether or not that's a court hearing or a KHSAA hearing. @The Oracle do you have any insight? You seemed to indicate that it was a court hearing.

I do agree the KHSAA has set a terrible precedent here and sometimes I wish the KHSAA would come up against some wealthy people that would sue them into oblivion and bankrupt the KHSAA.

Generally speaking (so not about this case) but probably something like 95% of the transfers are for athletic reasons, everyone knows it.  So picking and choosing like this, and especially reversing their decision after some anonymous letters, has to rank up there as one of the all time worst things I have ever seen the KHSAA do. 

28 minutes ago, theguru said:

I do agree the KHSAA has set a terrible precedent here and sometimes I wish the KHSAA would come up against some wealthy people that would sue them into oblivion and bankrupt the KHSAA.

Generally speaking (so not about this case) but probably something like 95% of the transfers are for athletic reasons, everyone knows it.  So picking and choosing like this, and especially reversing their decision after some anonymous letters, has to rank up there as one of the all time worst things I have ever seen the KHSAA do. 

The whole Bylaw 6 process has been cloak and dagger all along. No one knows how and why they make the decisions and that is bad for everyone. So many exceptions to their exceptions that no one knows what to expect.

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

The whole Bylaw 6 process has been cloak and dagger all along. No one knows how and why they make the decisions and that is bad for everyone. So many exceptions to their exceptions that no one knows what to expect.

Right, clown show.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

The whole Bylaw 6 process has been cloak and dagger all along. No one knows how and why they make the decisions and that is bad for everyone. So many exceptions to their exceptions that no one knows what to expect.

Have been told the policy is so vague it let's them do mostly what they want.  The most important and/or the one who barks loudest gets heard.  I've seen a couple of people worry about a precedent being set, but that's only a worry if they follow it.  Which they hardly ever do.  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.