Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Covington Catholic Colonels

Featured Replies

  • Author
3 minutes ago, bigblue96 said:


Are you saying he was told he would not start at QB and thus the transfer is not happening? Or playing QB at CCH is not in the decision making criteria for the transfer? 

Guess that was a bit vague…..I was told He was staying at Beechwood.  I have no clue about what it had to do with, just that He was staying put.  And while my info is from an extremely trusted source, most likely you or@Colonels_Wear_Blue have better info.

If He is transferring and gets eligible in time, that would be a heck of a QB battle.

  • Replies 375
  • Views 84k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Blueboy11
    Blueboy11

    I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney. 

  • @Cov_Cath_Hwy put it perfectly.  It is more than just a football team, basketball team, soccer etc.  It is a brotherhood there.  As new classes come in and senior classes depart, that brotherhood migh

  • Is my reading comprehension poor, or did I just read what I thought I read. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bigblue96 said:

Sounds like CCH will have a QB controversy on their hands! ??

How does that impact team chemistry on a 4A pre-season favorite? 

Evan Pitzer will be the Starter with or without Harney. Evan is a gamer and is one tough Cat. To be able to finish the game against Highlands competitively with a Broken leg is impressive. Evan is my starter.

1 hour ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Guess that was a bit vague…..I was told He was staying at Beechwood.  I have no clue about what it had to do with, just that He was staying put.  And while my info is from an extremely trusted source, most likely you or@Colonels_Wear_Blue have better info.

If He is transferring and gets eligible in time, that would be a heck of a QB battle.

He starts on Monday. Done deal. 

  • Author
5 minutes ago, TheConch said:

He starts on Monday. Done deal. 

Wow.  That is huge.  Things just got a whole lot more interesting…..

11 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Wow.  That is huge.  Things just got a whole lot more interesting…..

How did it get more interesting? 

28 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Wow.  That is huge.  Things just got a whole lot more interesting…..

 

16 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

How did it get more interesting? 

How does it not get interesting?  Will he be eligible to play or is he ruled ineligible and sit a year?  If ruled ineligible, does he go back to Beechwood?  If so, what position does he play?  I agree with @BirdDaddyPitzer is your guy this year.  Sounds like there is a whole lot of family "enthusiasm".  How will the staff handle this one?  Will it be a distraction, or will it be a net gain for the football and basketball teams?  There is no denying this kid is an athlete.  The big question is how will both parties respond to the changes.  Not sure about you but I find it very interesting.  

I’d say the QB room goes:

1. Pitzer

2. Reardon

3. Harney 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, UKato91 said:

 

How does it not get interesting?  Will he be eligible to play or is he ruled ineligible and sit a year?  If ruled ineligible, does he go back to Beechwood?  If so, what position does he play?  I agree with @BirdDaddyPitzer is your guy this year.  Sounds like there is a whole lot of family "enthusiasm".  How will the staff handle this one?  Will it be a distraction, or will it be a net gain for the football and basketball teams?  There is no denying this kid is an athlete.  The big question is how will both parties respond to the changes.  Not sure about you but I find it very interesting.  

?…..Nice work here.  Sums it up perfectly.  And I absolutely agree on Pitzer…..He’s the starter.  
 

Still cannot wait to see our back 7-8 on Defense get after it. Going to be a very special group.
 

Just now, gbballfan21 said:

I’d say the QB room goes:

1. Pitzer

2. Reardon

3. Harney 

So if eligible he’s two injuries away from playing QB instead of one? Makes sense 

22 hours ago, bigblue96 said:

Sounds like CCH will have a QB controversy on their hands! ??

How does that impact team chemistry on a 4A pre-season favorite? 

There is no controversy. The gap between Pitzer and Harney is pretty big right now. The CCH/BW game last year showed the gap (which is ok for players two classes apart!) 

I do think Harney would start in 24 and 25, however. I thought Dylan Gaiser (CCH rising Soph)  would be more than a capable starter for those years, but he has a ton of juice and will be a big time player as a WR/RB hybrid. 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

There is no controversy. The gap between Pitzer and Harney is pretty big right now. The CCH/BW game last year showed the gap (which is ok for players two classes apart!) 

I do think Harney would start in 24 and 25, however. I thought Dylan Gaiser (CCH rising Soph)  would be more than a capable starter for those years, but he has a ton of juice and will be a big time player as a WR/RB hybrid. 

Right on point. 

19 hours ago, bigblue96 said:

So if eligible he’s two injuries away from playing QB instead of one? Makes sense 

Might be tough for some to consider but maybe he’s not worried about or moving about football. Maybe he doesn’t care about being the QB and just wants to be a guy instead of the guy. 
 

Maybe the move isn’t about athletics at all.

2 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Might be tough for some to consider but maybe he’s not worried about or moving about football. Maybe he doesn’t care about being the QB and just wants to be a guy instead of the guy. 
 

Maybe the move isn’t about athletics at all.

Then transfer to Scott or Simon Kenton. You know if it's not about Athletics.?

4 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

Then transfer to Scott or Simon Kenton. You know if it's not about Athletics.?

Could have, considering the outstanding religion based education both of them offer.

2 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Could have, considering the outstanding religion based education both of them offer.

I missed the Religion education at Beechwood. Didn't know they offered that in Ft Mitchell.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.