Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Covington Catholic Colonels

Featured Replies

8 minutes ago, TheConch said:

I suppose things take longer when you’re not sure if you have a coach or not. 

tumblr_nj07s7Mojd1smcbm7o1_500.gif

  • Replies 375
  • Views 84k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Blueboy11
    Blueboy11

    I have been following Bluegrass preps since my oldest was in high school. I comment here and there but to be honest I have never witnessed any adults talking about a kids faith.  I'm Chasity Harney. 

  • @Cov_Cath_Hwy put it perfectly.  It is more than just a football team, basketball team, soccer etc.  It is a brotherhood there.  As new classes come in and senior classes depart, that brotherhood migh

  • Is my reading comprehension poor, or did I just read what I thought I read. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TheConch said:

CovCath has to be the last team in the state to release their schedule, unless I have missed something. 

So thus far, I've seen these...

Aug 18 vs. Ryle
Aug 25 at Highlands
Sep 1
Sep 8 vs. Dixie Heights
Sep 15
Sep 22
Sep 29
Oct 6
Oct 13
Oct 20 at Mason County (District)
Oct 27 vs. Campbell County


District games against Holmes and Harrison County will fill in two of those blanks.

Can anyone confirm? I'm hearing Eddie Eviston interviewed for the Moeller Job. That is coming from the Elder Camp. Why would he leave? 

I believe it was mentioned on the Moeller Coach thread a little over a week ago. It does not sound like he is in their final group whether that be by his choice or their's, I don't know. I think Beechwood is the greater fear currently, but I could be completely wrong.

1 hour ago, BirdDaddy said:

Can anyone confirm? I'm hearing Eddie Eviston interviewed for the Moeller Job. That is coming from the Elder Camp. Why would he leave? 

If I had to guess I would say for a new challenge and probably more importantly money. As I assume probably would get paid more at Moeller. 

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

If I had to guess I would say for a new challenge and probably more importantly money. As I assume probably would get paid more at Moeller. 

Right, coaches are competitors too. In addition to the above, you get to coach in a top 5 league in the US at a school with at least a top 20 tradition of any HS football program. 

The roster also has maybe the best player in Ohio with Jordan Marshall, another 4 star ND commit at corner and a rising soph QB that started multiple playoff games that gives you stability at the position for the next 3 years. Certainly very appealing. 

Another plausible story is the coach didn't apply or interview at Moeller and people like to rock the boat by making things up or speculating that a person may be interested without any actual knowledge. Far more times than not, that is what actually happened.

2 hours ago, Builder1214 said:

Another plausible story is the coach didn't apply or interview at Moeller and people like to rock the boat by making things up or speculating that a person may be interested without any actual knowledge. Far more times than not, that is what actually happened.

Thanks for answering my Question. I guess my Elder source isn't so credible after all. Same one that told me months ago that incoming Freshman QB Emmitt Queen was transferring to Elder from the Colonel Youth Program. That news tipped the Canoe over.

25 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

Thanks for answering my Question. I guess my Elder source isn't so credible after all. Same one that told me months ago that incoming Freshman QB Emmitt Queen was transferring to Elder from the Colonel Youth Program. That news tipped the Canoe over.

Why so indignant?

Elder fan has early inside knowledge on future student athlete at Elder. Sure, makes sense. Checks out 100.

Elder fan has early inside knowledge on coach interviewing at a completely different school. Is it that inconceivable to you that that info might not be so spot-on reliable?

So if a CCH insider comes out with info on a student who will be semi-surprisingly headed to CCH, that checks out. But you're telling me that a few years ago, if a CCH insider started trying to break news about how they were secretly in the know about who was and wasn't interviewing for the Highlands head coaching job, that there wouldn't be some Birds fans rolling their eyes over how good the info was or wasn't?

On 2/20/2023 at 12:55 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

So thus far, I've seen these...

Aug 18 vs. Ryle
Aug 25 at Highlands
Sep 1
Sep 8 vs. Dixie Heights
Sep 15
Sep 22
Sep 29
Oct 6
Oct 13
Oct 20 at Mason County (District)
Oct 27 vs. Campbell County


District games against Holmes and Harrison County will fill in two of those blanks.

@SK Sept 1st!

  • Author

My guess is the SK game replaces any GCL game….

18 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

My guess is the SK game replaces any GCL game….

If Ohio's season start date mirrors Kentucky again this year, then I think you are right.  GCL play is normally weeks 5, 6, and 7.  This schedule now takes CCH into week 5.  

22 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

My guess is the SK game replaces any GCL game….

Once again, we are playing no Ohio teams this year. 

2 hours ago, The Oracle said:

Why so indignant?

Elder fan has early inside knowledge on future student athlete at Elder. Sure, makes sense. Checks out 100.

Elder fan has early inside knowledge on coach interviewing at a completely different school. Is it that inconceivable to you that that info might not be so spot-on reliable?

So if a CCH insider comes out with info on a student who will be semi-surprisingly headed to CCH, that checks out. But you're telling me that a few years ago, if a CCH insider started trying to break news about how they were secretly in the know about who was and wasn't interviewing for the Highlands head coaching job, that there wouldn't be some Birds fans rolling their eyes over how good the info was or wasn't?

What if I told you this Colonel fan did know who the Bluebirds were hiring well before most, the second time ?.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.