Interview questions?

hurricane

I think the whole "committee" concept is a bunch of garbage. First of all, how does the Math Teacher, a local parent, a local football "expert" and the local mailman know what qualifications are necessary for hiring a head football coach? And I assume that someone was on the committee for some hiring process if you started this thread.

Let's face it: all candidates are going to answer the questions and give good responses - telling the committee exactly what it is that they want to hear.

In my opinion, the principal and athletic director should go out and SEEK their guy. There is nothing wrong with calling or contacting a coach in the area and inviting him over for a conversation.

If that does not work, open up it up to all candidates.

I think this is the only question you should ask your potential coach, "All right, coach, you have 30 minutes to prove why you are the man for the job. Tell us about yourself , why you want this job and what you aim to do."

Are you familiar with the Tradition of our program?

What is your stance on a high school athlete wanting to use supplements?

Are you willing to enforce our rules we have in place about academics?

Can you provide us with a history of your background if requested to do so?

What is your main objective as the coach of our program?

I think the whole "committee" concept is a bunch of garbage. First of all, how does the Math Teacher, a local parent, a local football "expert" and the local mailman know what qualifications are necessary for hiring a head football coach? And I assume that someone was on the committee for some hiring process if you started this thread.

Let's face it: all candidates are going to answer the questions and give good responses - telling the committee exactly what it is that they want to hear.

In my opinion, the principal and athletic director should go out and SEEK their guy. There is nothing wrong with calling or contacting a coach in the area and inviting him over for a conversation.

If that does not work, open up it up to all candidates.

I think this is the only question you should ask your potential coach, "All right, coach, you have 30 minutes to prove why you are the man for the job. Tell us about yourself , why you want this job and what you aim to do."

You should also have a representative from the department of which the teacher will be teaching in. The interviews are not 100% about the football program but also whether the coach is a good teacher or not. That is the focus of hiring a teacher/coach isn't it?

You should also have a representative from the department of which the teacher will be teaching in. The interviews are not 100% about the football program but also whether the coach is a good teacher or not. That is the focus of hiring a teacher/coach isn't it?

:thumb:

all coaches that i know are great teachers and great motivators. but the coach is also in a position to impact more people than a teacher will ever impact. so on the first interview, i want to know what his PLAN is.

if i want to know if he can teach, i will call his principal.

all coaches that i know are great teachers and great motivators. but the coach is also in a position to impact more people than a teacher will ever impact. so on the first interview, i want to know what his PLAN is.

if i want to know if he can teach, i will call his principal.

A coach impacting "more people" should never take precedent over the impact a teacher has on a student. I remember more things I learned from my teachers than anything I ever learned from my coaches.

"Your running sprints near the end of a summer practice. One of your players, who doesn't give 100% to start with, comes up to you and says he's not feeling well. What do you do?"

At most, if not all, schools there is a trainer on site at each practice. Simply send the player to the trainer and let them evaluate the situation.

A coach impacting "more people" should never take precedent over the impact a teacher has on a student. I remember more things I learned from my teachers than anything I ever learned from my coaches.

Then your coach's were not very good. How many times has somebody asked you about the 5 phases of meiosis?