Central at Logan County Predictions/Updates

DevilMayCare

Jackets vs. Cougars  

36 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 12:00 AM

70i31m.thumb.jpg.b4c931ccde496ae793244423c105a199.jpg

Rayno And Cortez Try Run Their Way To The Semifinals

Records: Central (8-4) | Logan County (11-1)

BGP Ranking: Central (#5 in 4A) | Logan County (#7 in 4A)

Series History: First ever meeting?

Table Setter: The best running back duel of the third round can be found in Russellville, where Ryan Rayno's Cougars welcome Cortez Stone's Yellow Jackets. They're both coming off 200+ yards in the previous round and rank among the top eight rushers in the state. Rayno has forced his way into the Mr. Football conversation, while Cortez - a sophomore - will have to wait a couple more years. 

Central is doing Central things, enduring a rugged early season schedule and reaping the benefits when it matters most. The defensive numbers of late look like vintage Jackets. They've surrendered a paltry seven points over the last six weeks. The defense, paired with Stone's legs form a tried and true recipe for success in November.

Coach Todd Adler is proving Logan County's staying power as a rising program in 4A. The Cougars are 55-16 since 2017 and just conquered district stalwart Hopkinsville for the fourth straight game. They're on to bigger and better things. How much bigger depends on whether they can establish their workhorse while keeping Central's in check. 

Logan County is seeking a second consecutive berth in the semifinals, while Central is trying to get back there for the first time in three years. This is the longest semifinal drought for Jackets in the six class era (since 2007).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Purple88 said:

That 2 hour drive the Yellow Jackets will be making will certainly be a change for them coming from downtown Louisville to rural Logan County.  I just like the Cougars at Home in this one.

Looks like they have a trip to Belfry in the regular season. That experience will help with this travel. Whoever makes the other teams passing offense do something they don’t want to do wins this one. 

• Like 1

Central is averaging 195.7 yards rushing a game while giving up 75.8.  Logan is averaging 246.9 yards a game and giving up 87.6.  Logan is averaging 153.9 passing yards a game while giving up 127.7.  Central is averaging 60.3 yards passing a game while giving up 40.6 yards. Should be a good game is you go by the average, but we all know that doesn't happen.

We've seen Logan County steadily build their program over the last several years. They initially struggled to win against powers in their area (especially Hopkinsville). Now they've conquered that but can they beat powers outside of their area? Last year's loss to Boyle County was their first matchup against one of the premier teams in Class 4A. I think Central is one of those premier teams as well. A Logan County win wouldn't surprise me but I believe Central pulls out the victory.

This is the first ever meeting between the two teams.  Logan County is building something really special and the work the coaches and community are putting forward not only in the football team is wonderful.  Coach Adler is a hard working, caring, and dedicated to these kids and school.  Around here lots of us like to look at the changes to the whole program over the last few years and it it amazing.  Our AD Howard along with the board of education really needs to be recognized for a moment for all they have done.

Now on to the game, They do have one common team they have played South Warren!  Central lost 24-0 and Logan won 27-17.  I know everyone sees Rayno's stats (which are impressive) but Logan has lots of 'dudes". Logan County wants to be in that top tear of teams it will start Friday night.

Logan 28-14

• Like 1

Central has me puzzled this season.  They seem to not play very well on the road with the exception of Franklin County.  Streaky play with the Belfry loss and getting shut out by a South Warren team that Logan County beat.  Still, I just think Central will find a way to pull this game out.  

3 hours ago, Mpb77 said:

This is the first ever meeting between the two teams.  Logan County is building something really special and the work the coaches and community are putting forward not only in the football team is wonderful.  Coach Adler is a hard working, caring, and dedicated to these kids and school.  Around here lots of us like to look at the changes to the whole program over the last few years and it it amazing.  Our AD Howard along with the board of education really needs to be recognized for a moment for all they have done.

Now on to the game, They do have one common team they have played South Warren!  Central lost 24-0 and Logan won 27-17.  I know everyone sees Rayno's stats (which are impressive) but Logan has lots of 'dudes". Logan County wants to be in that top tear of teams it will start Friday night.

Logan 28-14

I wouldn’t say Logan has lots of “Dudes” but they are well coached & are a good team. Their OL is really underrated but they start & stop with #3 Rayno. He makes them go & go & go.